Thread: Dead?

Default Dead?

Hello, thank you for the work you've done so far, its truly an incredible mod. Is there still work being done on Struggle for the Old World?

Default Re: Dead?

by sigmar i hope so lol

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

My sub-mod is pretty much all about adding rosters from this mod to the Old World as seen in BotET .
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

http://www.moddb.com/mods/storm-of-c...-warhammer-mod

Pavey (Thrandy)
    Creator
    Pavey (Thrandy) May 14 2017
    Soooo, hello dear followers! Firstly, I want to go to the mod's progress.

The mod is halted for now. I want to continue working on it. (That would be middle of June)

I do not have time to work on it now. I stopped working on it since September, because school started.

And the mod is not dead.

Thrandy (Pavey, Pavikjan, etc.)

Nope not dead

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Grauman View Post
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/storm-of-c...-warhammer-mod

Pavey (Thrandy)
    Creator
    Pavey (Thrandy) May 14 2017
    Soooo, hello dear followers! Firstly, I want to go to the mod's progress.

The mod is halted for now. I want to continue working on it. (That would be middle of June)

I do not have time to work on it now. I stopped working on it since September, because school started.

And the mod is not dead.

Thrandy (Pavey, Pavikjan, etc.)

Nope not dead
    I asked his permission to join as developer in the Warhammer-Mod group as well as getting access to The Sundering: Struggle for the Old World moddb-page.

- He were very positive and invited me to the Warhammer-group - in which the mod "A Struggle for the Old World" already is added.

But i still have no permissions to that moddb-page and am currently awaiting his help to solve that problem.

- If i get access to the moddb-page then i will probably release my Expanded Elves Sub-submod for Beginning of the End Times - as an early version of the "A Struggle for the Old World" campaign.

- It already has the High Elven and Dark Elven full rosters of the Sundering - plus is using Wood Elven and Bretonnia extras as well. The rest is made up of BotET stuff currently and based on version 1.1.

- The end-game would be to replace the Skaven, the Orcs & Goblins, the Karaz Ankor Dwarves, the Tomb Kings, the Chaos faction and Reikland with Sundering units as well.

- BotET leaders Tomdoof and WhiffOfGrapeshot has already given me permission to create a submod out of their mod Beginning of the End Times. WhiffOfGrapeshot, as an earlier developer and member of the "A Struggle for the Old World" sundering-team - also said if his permission is enough i have permission to use Sundering assets/models in BotET as well.

- Not only that, but BotET and CoW (Call of Warhammer) is already using lots of Sundering assets - even though i believe they use mostly parts or settlement textures and not the full rosters.

I would like to know if Pyrosh is positive to otherwise use his High Elves instead - as those i can certainly use if i get his permission.

- The problem is that Kolwen, who riged the Sundering models borrowed with permission from Warhammer Online and the GW - is not active anymore. So it's hard to ask permissions from him directly as he riged the Sundering models for the Med II engine.

- According to WhiffOfGrapeshot Kolwen would probably not be against this use of the models he riged. And as far as the GW is concerned their permissions were for anyone who is working on warhammer mods to use them i've heard. Like CoW, Sundering or any submods of those.

We'll see, but i still need to lessen the size of the submod as it's currently at 9GB and needs to be under 8GB in size.

- Many unused assets will be removed from the files. In the worst case certain old units used as officers will also be removed if i can't lower the size of the mod otherwise.

When i get access to the moddb-page as a developer i feel i have enough permissions, both from the moddb-page creator, WhiffOfGrapeshot (old member of the Sundering team and current head of BotET together with Tomdoof) to release the submod in it's current shape.

- If Pyrosh wants to share his new versions of the GW-models then i rather use them with his permission. In a "Struggle for the Old World" project. My submod will be free for anyone to edit/submod later as well.

The problem is Pyrosh only remade the High Elves as he wants to improve the old Sundering: Rise of the Witch King mod.

So the Dark Elves are still Kolwens riged work.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 20, 2018 at 01:19 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

I'm glad that at least the Old World continues and with you as a helper can only be good ^^