Thread: Changing army ownership

Default Changing army ownership

So I've tried to follow husserlTW's tutorial about modding the startpos file, but it seems that his section on editing army and navy ownerships is obsolete: no matter how well I follow the instructions, it seems that the file structure has changed between the current version and his tutorial. Is there anyone who can help?

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Default Re: Changing army ownership

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight-Blue766 View Post
    So I've tried to follow husserlTW's tutorial about modding the startpos file, but it seems that his section on editing army and navy ownerships is obsolete: no matter how well I follow the instructions, it seems that the file structure has changed between the current version and his tutorial. Is there anyone who can help?
    First, you will need a esf-to-xml converter (easy esf will work to, it's just the same when you access the xml folder).
    You need to adjust the CAI_WORLD_RESOURCE_MOBILES, the CAI_WORLD_CHARACTERS and CAI_WORLD_UNITS entries corresponding to the army which ownership shall change (Apart from the stuff in the fraction_array).
    Then you need to edit the .xml files of the CAI_WORLD_FRACTIONS of the old and new fraction, there are 4 digit numbers (the CAI-ID for characters and mobiles). Skiping this last step won't cause a CTD if I'm right but if you don't edit those entries the AI won't move the army.
    A last tip, check all .xml-file which could be relevant for some hidden ID-numbers.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Okay, can you tell me where the XML version of CAI_WORLD_RESOURCE_MOBILES is?

Citizen

No, sorry just check every subfolder. (I think it's called just Mobiles)

Okay, I've changed the faction ownership of the character in the FACTION_ARRAYS, the army ownership, and I went to CAI_RESOURCE_MOBILES and changed the new faction, but the navy I want to change (the Genoese fleet) still has the original owner.

Citizen

please upload your startpos here so that I can have a look.

Here. Sorry for tardying, but I was on vacation.

Anybody?