Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HOTFIX - broken colony system for EB 2.03a fixed

Default Re: HOTFIX - broken colony system for EB 2.03a fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Thuycidides View Post
    Sorry, the event did not fire with four kh4 governments.

I'd like to point out again that the kh4 government does not unlock the better building types, and the worse "supervised administration" government does. You have to get the sympoliteia government before you can build latifundae, for example, but that sympoliteia government cannot build the lesser agricultural buildings!
    Did you try building five of them? You're probably right, though, it's simply not firing properly. I'll look again.

I've flagged the issue with the building roster.

Ok, I'll try five.

----------

Still does not fire with five kh4 governments.

P.S. I got a bunch of ctd's during campaign map play without any error messages.
    Last edited by Thuycidides; June 10, 2015 at 04:57 PM.

I'd like to point out again that the kh4 government does not unlock the better building types, and the worse "supervised administration" government does. You have to get the sympoliteia government before you can build latifundae, for example, but that sympoliteia government cannot build the lesser agricultural buildings!
    I think I understand it now. There are only three valid building_present_min_level govkh conditions: kh2 (if it needs to be non-precursor); kh3 (if it needs to be after the Congress); or kh7 (if it needs to be after the Sympoliteia).

So those which say minimum kh4 need to be kh3 (or the place with the Congress can't build them, which makes no sense), and those saying kh5 are simply wrong, and need to either be kh2 or kh3.

I'm also really tempted to change the AI-only trigger, which is based on time, into an automatic one regardless of whether KH is played by the AI or not. So at least there's a backup option if you can't get the reform conditions.

Right, I've now edited the EDB to resolve all those prerequisite problems. In a lot of instances, you can now build from the start (needs only a kh2), but some of the higher tier things need a kh3 (so won't appear til after the reform). Critically, upgrading a polis_two to polis_three does not need a kh3, so you have the option of upgrading Sparte and Rhodos to achieve the Congress conditions.

Try this one (needs a new campaign, as always): Attachment 326142

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Right, I've now edited the EDB to resolve all those prerequisite problems. In a lot of instances, you can now build from the start (needs only a kh2), but some of the higher tier things need a kh3 (so won't appear til after the reform). Critically, upgrading a polis_two to polis_three does not need a kh3, so you have the option of upgrading Sparte and Rhodos to achieve the Congress conditions.

Try this one (needs a new campaign, as always): Attachment 326142
    Good choice! I'll test it out later today.

---------

Hang on. There is no campaign script file in this one? Is 2.03-edit 4 suppose overwrite over 2.03a and 2.03-edits 3 combined?

Also, it would be nice if you could upgrade kh2 to kh4 by having kh4 appear among the buildings you can construct. In the past the player is forced to destroy kh2 buildings in order for kh4 to be an option in a city like Athens or Sparta.
    Last edited by Thuycidides; June 11, 2015 at 06:31 AM.

No new script, though I may have one shortly.

I think upgrades are simple - I'll have a look.

You may want to wait a little bit; I've got an updated EDB where kh2 upgrades into kh4, and Part 3 of the reform script is now working. Now to see if the convoluted part 4, where a load of characters have to get StateLeader works...

Ok, thanks.

And here we have it, the whole damned thing now works, courtesy primarily of Gigantus, who rewrote large sections of it.

Try this: Attachment 326147.

Be warned, part 4 of the script is painful, you have to get four FMs with the StateLeader attribute, then get them to Korinthos, where they have to stay for 4 turns (without dying) to trigger part 5.

Awesome! I will start a new campaign now.

Awesome! I will start a new campaign now.
    Be prepared for a long haul. It took me 35 turns to complete the reform with cheats (move_character, add_money, process_cq and give_trait in particular).

Yes, I'm at the point where I need four archons in Korinthos. However, all my FMs are from Athens, Sparta, or Rhodes, so I am stuck until I can diversify.

Everything else is working perfectly though. It's a huge improvement over previous versions.

Yes, I'm at the point where I need four archons in Korinthos. However, all my FMs are from Athens, Sparta, or Rhodes, so I am stuck until I can diversify.

Everything else is working perfectly though. It's a huge improvement over previous versions.
    Obviously, Korinthos one of those triggering settlements, as is Knossos on Krete.

There is a tutorial about the Koinon Hellenon reforms? I don't really understand what I'm supposed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Principe Alessandro View Post
    There is a tutorial about the Koinon Hellenon reforms? I don't really understand what I'm supposed to do.
    It changes the KH government buildings, which changes the building trees you have access to. It's pretty significant for KH.

No there isn't a tutorial, we don't have any guides written yet.

1. Own three metropolises

2. Build the congress

4. Upgrade the government of at least four cities (Korinth should be one of these)

5. Move four faction leaders with the Archon trait to Korinth, and keep them there for four turns.

6...and that is as far as I have got! When complete, #5 is yet another reform for the Sympoliteia government. Eventually there is some kind of revolt, and I have no idea what that means.
    Last edited by Thuycidides; June 12, 2015 at 06:41 AM.

The revolt is happiness penalties in every settlement with a kh4 or kh7. When it's been going on for 16 turns, it ends, allowing you to upgrade kh4 governments to kh8.

Argh! Once the Sympoliteia government appears, I can add it to the building que once, and then it disappears everywhere else. Is this correct?

Argh! Once the Sympoliteia government appears, I can add it to the building que once, and then it disappears everywhere else. Is this correct?
    Which is this, the kh8?

It shouldn't disappear everywhere else, it should be available everywhere with Hellenistic Politics of 75% or above for good.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; June 12, 2015 at 12:06 PM.

It is kh7 according to the export_descr_building file, "sympoliteia admin." It is the first new building that appears after the 4 archons stay in Korinthos for a year. Once I added it to the building que for one city, and ended the turn, it disappeared from the building selection from all the other cities where it had been available.

I played it out and let the one finish building, and then nothing changed.
    Last edited by Thuycidides; June 12, 2015 at 12:34 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast