Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: North&South II - Development Blog

AUG351's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: North&South II - Development Blog

Nice work on those Zouaves!

As for the talk about weaponry for cavalry, there are models for Spencer repeating rifles in game already. If repeating or breechloading rifles/carbines were implemented than I would just decrease reload time, but also decrease accuracy. Although, weapons used by ACW cavalry varied over time and often depended on what unit in question. It wasn't too uncommon for Confederate cavalry to be armed with rifles, as opposed to carbines; I know that N. B. Forrest's cavalry was largely armed with rifles and bayonets by 1863, as most of the fighting they did was dismounted.

btw, is there any plans to rework the stats and/or projectiles to make battles last longer?
    Last edited by AUG351; August 12, 2015 at 02:20 PM.

Wow! Those screenshots surpassed my expectations. Keep up the good work!

Excellent work, can we try it out before the launch ?

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

You can, a demo version is available in the steam workshop

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

Are you still making a new campaign map for the mod, Primergy?

yes, but I'm currently in an 11 hour workday, so there wasn't much progress on all fronts in the last month.

I released an new battlemap for N&S.

It's quite simple, but thanks to snake-, rail-, and stonefences it gives opportunity for tactic gameplay!

Have fun!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=480146188

Any new informations?

Not much. Real Life strikes hard. I also lost all my progress on the campaign map and have to redo it.

I'm experimenting with the religion system.

My idea was that the religions

• Pro-Union
    • Pro-Confederate

are reserved for the foreign states, while in the US you have

• Abolitionists
    • Unionists
    • Secessionists

Technologies, actions certain dilemmas will affect the happiness of those parties and results in revolts.

zxcvmnb's Avatar Semisalis

This mod looks outstanding. I wish you the very best of luck! I'm sorry that life has been hitting hard and I hope everything turns out well for you!

TGW Mod Official Unit Cutter-Outer

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    Not much. Real Life strikes hard. I also lost all my progress on the campaign map and have to redo it.
    That's terrible to hear but I'm glad you got back up on that horse.

I'm experimenting with the religion system.

My idea was that the religions

• Pro-Union
    • Pro-Confederate

are reserved for the foreign states, while in the US you have

• Abolitionists
    • Unionists
    • Secessionists
    How are Abolitionists and Unionists different? I'm assuming that Abolitionists want an end to slavery while Unionists are a moderate "religion" (Stance) that simply seeks to bring the CSA back into the Union without ending slavery. I'm assuming that Unionists will have less resistance from Secessionists/won't have as many rebellions to deal with while Abolitionists might get something to balance that out like Black regiments and some other troops locked to them.

I made a new unit:

Union state milita. I made them wear grey since a lot of civil war state militas wore it:

I'm currently reworking the unit stats, and I was thinking about, about giving the "volunteer units" the same stats as a milita unit. Since those volunteers had no army training before and I'm not sure how well they were trained before sending them to battle.

What do you think?

volunteer units should have slightly better stats than the militia, to reflect the fact that they would of at least recieved some basic training even if it was just on the march to the front. whereas the militia units were mainly left behind to protect the citys
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

Yeah, but the thing is, at the beginning some milita units (atleast those who regularly trained) were more experienced as the volunteers. So milita units should be even better^^. On the other hand most milita companies got melted together with volunteers to regiments, which therefore kinda eliminated the experience bonus. Or?

Btw, just for the fun i also made a pre-war-state milita unit, which orients at the "alabama corps":

Hopefully my input will help, but I think volunteers should have slightly higher points. All the men fit for service, and were eager, went to fight. States had a smaller pool of good men to pull from, allowing old men, unshaped personal, and very young people to join the militia back home.

AUG351's Avatar Tiro

I'm currently reworking the unit stats, and I was thinking about, about giving the "volunteer units" the same stats as a milita unit. Since those volunteers had no army training before and I'm not sure how well they were trained before sending them to battle.

What do you think?
    Actually volunteer regiments were often comprised of pre-war local and state militia units. Many of the individual companies that made up the volunteer regiments were formed from local and state militia units, and in some cases entire state militia regiments mustered into the US or CS service and became official "volunteer regiments".

But if you mean militia units during the war then that is a different matter. There were state militia units and home guard units during the war, and these were often made up of the untrained and inexperienced men and boys who were either too old, too young, or not physically fit enough to serve in a regular volunteer regiment at the front.

Which makes everything even more complicated ;D

But thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by AUG351 View Post
    Actually volunteer regiments were often comprised of pre-war local and state militia units. Many of the individual companies that made up the volunteer regiments were formed from local and state militia units, and in some cases entire state militia regiments mustered into the US or CS service and became official "volunteer regiments".

But if you mean militia units during the war then that is a different matter. There were state militia units and home guard units during the war, and these were often made up of the untrained and inexperienced men and boys who were either too old, too young, or not physically fit enough to serve in a regular volunteer regiment at the front.
    That was exactly what I just said

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast