View Poll Results: Custom nations/Random nations?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Custom Nations and Random Nations

6 40.00%
  • Custom Nations and Default Nations

2 13.33%
  • Default Nations and Default Nations

4 26.67%
  • Abstain (hehe)

3 20.00%
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: EUIV Multiplayer VIII Common Sense

Default Re: EUIV Multiplayer VIII Common Sense

In that case i might take burgundy.

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

Player alliances are an abomination.

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'll take something to balance again next session, after all the "permanent" (lol) new players have chosen their nations. I'll then proceed to promptly sub them when one inevitably drops.

The Teutonic Order defeated the Polish-Lithuanian alliance twice the first session. We also squeezed in a few wars with HRE nations like Brandenburg and Bohemia and grabbed some territory there too.
    ''Holy hell that Scythe is overpowerd! Death should be nerfed!''

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

I might miss some/all of the session today sadly. Wouldn't mind if someone subbed for me.
    Last edited by apple; June 28, 2015 at 05:25 AM.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    I might miss some/all of the session today sadly. Wouldn't mind if someone subbed for me.
    Greens covered you.

The Ottoman Empire in 1512:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Current vassal states are Wallachia, Athens, Crimea, and Shammar. Iraq was annexed and Crimea acquired through conquest, Shammar was diplomatically vassalized near the end of this session. Athens is currently being annexed, hopefully making greek an accepted culture again.

Our development has surpassed any other nation in the world, defeating any european nation by more than twice in number. Not all of it has been conquest -- significant investment has been placed in Anatolia, with less investments in the steppes, Syria, Greece, and Bulgaria.

The Ottoman military has become the largest, by sheer numbers alone. We have more men on the ground and more manpower available than any other nation -- without yet making significant investments into ideas that may yet further this.

The Ottoman navy is the largest in the world, being larger than even the so-called naval power of England. Plans to expand the navy are on hold, but as development increases, along with ports, it is expected to double in size in the next twenty years.

The Ottoman Empire has made significant advances into the arts of influencing other nations and humanism, allowing us to better rule our own subjects and maintain our client states with ease. It has made us supreme at seizing smaller nations and at annexing our older client states, as they are swallowed into our imperial administration.

Sadly, the son is not as good as the recently passed father, but the current Ottoman ruler is competent (his brother died as a general after twenty years, who was less competent). He is currently supreme in capability, with Ottoman advisors aiding him and with many of the aspects of government benefitting from perceived Ottoman power. Great plans are to be initiated by this monarch, with even greater capability to follow for all of his descendants.

Lastly, Ottoman plans for expanding. All of the arrows represent directions we intend to go further in. The eastern and southern routes are priorities, with Arabia now mostly dominated by an Ottoman vassal and the Mamlukes being unable to withstand Ottoman expansion.

Game summary:
    - Annexed Crete, Cyprus, and the rest of the Levant from the Mamlukes, Cyprus gifted to Athens.
    - Qara Qoyunlu destroyed and Georgia vassalized.
    - Gazimukh conquered and Nogia attacked, costing it the Astrakahn area.
    - Crimea vassalized, expanded against Lithuania, expanded further against the Teutonic Order briefly.
    - Venezia gifted to Genoa in exchange for the remaining Balkan provinces in the region, Rhones conquered in the same war and gifted to Athens.
    - Eastern border expanded after Iraq was annexed, Persia lost its western lands.
    - Forts constructed to prevent Europeans from entering the Balkans in case of war, Anatolia unfortified and refortified for easier defense.
    - Development of Anatolia heavily, Humanism acquired and invested in, development of Greece, steppe lands, and Syria as well.
    - Genoa offered friendship, but was declined.
    - Vassalized Shammar peacefully, bypassing Ma'An "Gate to Arabia" (random Mamluk province with a fort)
    - Ruler died (5/5/6), but old heir (2/2/2) killed as a general, replaced by much younger brother who is now ruler (3/3/3)
    - Observed European incompetence.

That's all guys, I'm tired. I would've been more in-depth and had fun with it, but I am lazy now.

I miss these reports, please give more.

I think he has done enough tbh

Though if you want more I could make an elaborate report on how Burgundy took Ličge from Ličge. Or how I took Paris from France and subsequently got f'ed up by Ynen because reasons so France has Paris back again. Or how the Teutonic capital fell to the superior Burgundian army. Or wait, that hasn't happened yet.
    Last edited by Pat89; June 29, 2015 at 10:57 AM.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

I'm writing an AAR elsewhere but will paste it here at some point.

At least your game was fairly action packed lol

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Like Rickie I'm basically playing single player right now, due to a lack of colonial competition (no Portugal/Castille kinda sucks). I don't know where Ciciro was, and if anyone feels like playing, please join and take Castille, (who incidentally ate Portugal in Ciciro's absence). If I had an interesting war I'd put up a proper AAR, but I didn't. My actions:

• Diplo-annexed Munster.
    • Humiliated France, because why not.
    • Started colonisation efforts by taking Arguin, Newfoundland, Bermuda, Haiti, the Gold Coast and St Helena. Efforts will continue onwards.
    • Took the opportunity of the big coalition against Burgundy to DoW him and demand Castille's land, namely the Canaries, becasue it looked better in red.
    • Used the Canaries to forge a claim on Morroccan Madeira. The resulting war made me miss the opportunity to get a centre of reformation, as for some reason the "kill the heretics" button is greyed out when I'm killing someone else.
    • Built many buildings. Currently just hit Diplo 8 so amassing Docks everywhere, meaning forcelimits will soon increase notably.
    • Is basically the only nation in the world with big ships (the Ottomans have one, which is inferior to any one of my ten).
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Don't forget your acquisition of Orleans from the French.

Guys, for the new patch, I've seen some people complaining about it breaking saves if we update, so it might be best to stick to 1.12. The patch is a beta patch anyway, so it is something you have to opt in to, but I dunno when they'll make it live. It has a ton of fixes and even buffed Asia, giving the chinese and indian tech nations a starting tech of 3 instead of 2. Here are the notes for those interested: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...hnotes.866143/

I wouldn't mind a restart myself but of course i only played one session so far so I'd understand if some people do mind.

That said, if we restart id consider picking something in Iberia to fill the gap. In the current game i don't really see any viable options to do so tbh. Maybe Portugal but I'd be very far behind on Musty.
    Last edited by Pat89; June 30, 2015 at 12:18 PM.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Save loads and runs fine for me. From my reading of the forums, the problem seems to be with ironman cloud saves, though a few people are reporting problems with ironman local saves. I can load my MP save fine as well as my single player ironman ones.

I don't mind if we want to play on 1.12 or 1.13 beta myself. Even if we want to stay on 1.12, we shouldn't have to worry about 1.13 going live, since Paradox allow you to revert to previous patches.

Only thing that concerns me about 1.13 is Paradox made a change so that you can't demand provinces you can't core (or more precisely, if you can't core it using provinces you're taking at the same time), and people are already reporting that has issues. Otherwise, I have no gripes going to 1.13 if we want to.
    Last edited by Musthavename; June 30, 2015 at 01:51 PM.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Cryers-'s Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Pat89 View Post
    I wouldn't mind a restart myself but of course i only played one session so far so I'd understand if some people do mind.

That said, if we restart id consider picking something in Iberia to fill the gap. In the current game i don't really see any viable options to do so tbh. Maybe Portugal but I'd be very far behind on Musty.
    I agree with Pat.

Musty owning the new world and Rickie owning the east isn't going to be a fun mid to end game. We're going to get rekt.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

I don't mind restarting for the new patch. Might not roll Genoa again though as a player Castile will mean I'm unlikely to nab Gibraltar again, scuppering my New World plans.

My major gripe is this, people: if you're gonna play a country test your openening moves in Singleplayer and don't be a ing child and ragequit if you lose some provinces. We actually had a well-balanced game until several players dropped or switched because they can't take a setback.

In fact, I say we vet players wanting unusual or difficult starting nations on those grounds and restore the old rule of "stick to your starting nation or drop completely".
    Last edited by Poach; June 30, 2015 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryers- View Post
    I agree with Pat.

Musty owning the new world and Rickie owning the east isn't going to be a fun mid to end game. We're going to get rekt.
    I agree that missing competition in the East is probably gonna be an issue. Wouldn't mind restarting and getting more players in - poll in a new thread maybe?