View Poll Results: Custom nations/Random nations?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Custom Nations and Random Nations

6 40.00%
  • Custom Nations and Default Nations

2 13.33%
  • Default Nations and Default Nations

4 26.67%
  • Abstain (hehe)

3 20.00%
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: EUIV Multiplayer VIII Common Sense

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

Default Re: EUIV Multiplayer VIII Common Sense

The Austrian Emperor saw Europe descend into chaos and promptly died.
    As the Austrians were defeated in Lorraine, Empress Maria Theresia was crowned, the first of her name. Her first order of business was to award Otto von Schörburg, her boytoy, the rank of general.

The French, smelling victory and glory, surged forward into Austria, raping and pillaging as they went. The battered Austrian army, numbering less than fourtythousand men, launched a counter offensive in Bern. To Otto's surprise, his tactics were excellent and the French were driven before him. Otto made a speech that it is best in life.

The small but experienced Austrian army, bolstered by Hungarian, Bavarian and other German troops, drove back the Turk French. French numbers were no match for Otto and his soldiers disciplined to 120%. In the east, Muscovite hordes overran Sweden and Poland, easing the pressure on Austria. In the south, the great ally Venice fought off Spain and the Englishes, also making giant contributions to what would become the biggest and most horrifying battles in world history.

The great battle of Trier saw 211256 combatants and almost 50k men perished.
    The even greater battle of Barrois, saw 231 645 combatants and 57k men now nourish the earth.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

There were even greater engagements, but no one survived to tell the tale.

As both Austria and France grew weary of the fighting, the Spanish offered the Catholic league a white peace. Empress Maria Theresia, lusting for peace, quickly accepted the deal. Little did she know that it would make the Empire tolerant of all religions, weakening her claim on the throne.

Poland continued it's tradition of having terrible 1/1/3 kings.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

I still don't get why you guys white peaced. You had 50% warscore... Heck, you could've stab hit Ynen for war reparations at a minimum.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    I still don't get why you guys white peaced. You had 50% warscore... Heck, you could've stab hit Ynen for war reparations at a minimum.
    Excellent French Diplorekage.
    ''Holy hell that Scythe is overpowerd! Death should be nerfed!''

I have now returned from my tour of europe and am available to sub if anyone needs.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Mighty Spain!

New World

- The war against English Mexico was concluded favourably, with Spain taking the bulk of the Mexican interior in the peace deal. The British recognised they were unable to retake the area and ceded it.
    - New Granada was founded along the north coast of the southern continent and is growing rapidly. Spanish expansion beyond Africa has created a demand for merchants that new colonies will fill.

Africa

- Morocco was annexed entirely to Spain's North African vassal, completing Spain's conquest of the region. The vassal must now be annexed itself to Spain.
    - Spanish colonies along the Ivory Coast were founded, though they are a mess tangled up alongside British colonies. They were successfully defended in the war, discussed below.
    - Mali was made a Protectorate.
    - Mutapa was made a Protectorate.

Far East

- After paying the Russians 3,000 ducats (from a Spanish treasury of 12,000), four provinces in southern India were added to Spain's Empire, establishing the state in the far east.
    - A colony on the island of Sumatra was founded. The large native state to the north that controls most of the rest of the island has ignored it, to their peril...
    - A colony in the Philippines has been founded.

Wars

- The session opened with Spain at war with the UK. The war ended quickly as the UK conceded an inability to retake the lost territory.
    - The UK attacked Spain later on, aiming to take the African colonies.
    --- Spain's navy was swiftly crushed by the British, whose Navy is the premiere navy of the planet.
    --- Much of Spain's army was in Mutapa, finishing the war there. British South Africa was occupied as a result.
    --- Attempts to sneak Spanish troops home from Africa failed, with one army successfully moved home but the transports destroyed attempting to pick up another from Mexico.
    --- Spanish troops were, however, successfully moved from Spain proper to North Africa in numbers approaching 50,000 men.
    --- The British were caught utterly by surprise by Spanish troops heroically marching through the Sahara Desert and attacking from staging posts inside Malian territory.
    --- In a campaign that covered the coast from Mali to the Congo, British troops were decisively defeated despite outnumbering the Spanish by 2-to-1 in the final battle.
    --- The British agreed to a White Peace, as Spanish troops were now unstoppable in Africa.

- An Anglo-Spanish agreement on campaigns in India and trade flow in the Ivory Coast, however, looks to herald an era of cooperation between the two colonial powers. With growing pains overcome, perhaps the two nations can instead focus on advancing the cause of European Imperialism against the weaker parts of the planet.
    - Exhausted from the war against Britain in Africa, Spain's contribution to the French war against the Austrians and Italians was 20 ducats a month in subsidies, which funded a large mercenary contingent against France's enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelon View Post
    No Austria

Cryers-'s Avatar Semisalis

Fixed map.

Fun game. Highlights for me were:

• Stole Sweden's islands. After peacing out Poach on the session start, I went back to the succession war. I knew it had gone on for a very long time, and if I occupied Pommerania I could get 100% warscore. I lured the part of the Swedish army that was in Denmark onto the islands and trapped them there, meaning Pommernia was just a carpet siege, as all their other allies simply didn't care and wanted a white peace. I could have been much more evil and taken the Danish islands, but thought that was a bit extreme.
    • Had a really fun war with Poach over Africa. My navy had some action proper where it showed its prowess, but my troops were incredibly lackluster. Despite having slightly more discipline than Spain, my morale is completely eclipsed. I held my own in some of the actual land fights for a while until Poach suddenly swapped his general out, as the British simply don't have any land generals with more than 1 in a stat (Admirals on the other hand are a different matter). My only saving grace at the end was that Poach had no manpower left, probably from a mix of marching across the Sahara and losing various troops at sea.

Incidentally, props to Poach for your tactic there, even though it doesn't really make much sense for a historical simulator. I had a feeling you would try and make a landing in England itself as it was unguarded outside its forts, and I knew if you did land troops I'd be hard pressed to dislodge them. Real annoyance playing naval powers is that there's so much to keep an eye on. Literally 80% of that war was me constantly monitoring every ocean I could for ships.

On another note, finished Naval and Maritime ideas this session. There's very few ways I can make my ships any better now. 30% big ship ability and 15% durability is pretty good (naval morale is fairly useless though), as is +1 to fire and shock and +2 to maneuver. There's very little more I can do on that front.
    Last edited by Musthavename; August 17, 2015 at 01:43 PM.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

A trade network across the Sahara actually did exist and you can see it matches up quite well with the EU4 African interior.

My manpower was actually sapped by the Mutapa war: it was low when you attacked me, plus I disbanded armies in Mexico and rebuilt them wholesale in Spain for transport to North Africa due to you intercepting my transports.

It was a pretty intense war, though: certainly thought I was decisively defeated until I hatched my Timbuktu plan!
    Last edited by Poach; August 17, 2015 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abbews View Post
    No Austria
    You left literally the second the game paused. I'm an old man, you have to give me some time to get it up.

Poach, if you have that much money, why don't you get some (more) mercenaries?

I'm not sure a trade route across a desert is appropriate for 30-40,000 men traveling under one banner though! Needles to say, was the most fun I've had in a while.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

I moved them 12,000 at a time, as I only had 12 transports. I was gathering strength for some time.

Pat: I have the force limit, but not quite the manpower (yet) for another 36k. They'll be coming next session!

Force limit but no Manpower sounds like mercenaries to me...

Poach's Avatar Civitate

I'm not far from the necessary manpower and I'm not in immediate need of more standing troops. They'll come in good time without the added expense of mercenaries.

Meanwhile the Austrian army is a meagre 40k but as always Hungary saves the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post

A trade network across the Sahara actually did exist and you can see it matches up quite well with the EU4 African interior.

My manpower was actually sapped by the Mutapa war: it was low when you attacked me, plus I disbanded armies in Mexico and rebuilt them wholesale in Spain for transport to North Africa due to you intercepting my transports.

It was a pretty intense war, though: certainly thought I was decisively defeated until I hatched my Timbuktu plan!
    I remember you saying you had one final trump to play.... Hilarity ensued. Some good military planning there poach .

France
    Territory gained
    -France consolidated its hold over the southern Alps, securing the allegiance of the Swiss.
    -More Dutch territory was taken in the name of our loyal ally, Holland.
    -Florence was integrated.
    -Bern was seized from the Austrians.

The 3rd Austro-French War
    This session saw the third clash of the 2 superpowers of western Europe, Austria and France.
    France had the allegiance of most of the HRE, who were opposed to Austria's quick expansion in central Europe. Austria was aided by his PU horde and the Italians.
    The first stage of the war saw good progress for the French, who swiftly occupied the borderlands. It became clear that French forces had superior training to their adversaries, and they quickly pushed their advantage. In the HRE, however, minor allies of France were getting hammered by Bohemian and Hungarian armies, led by the most potent general in the known world. The germans were quickly beaten down and together with the Italians they swiftly pushed back the French armies.
    This heralded the second stage of the war, with most armies of the main participants sitting on their ass in the Alps, while minor skirmishing continued in the north with mixed results. Not much happened except some failed assaults on French positions around Bern, and it seemed that France would lose this war, due to a losing streak in the North. The Spanish, however, having defeated their English foe, started sending coffers of gold to help the war effort. Every available mercenary was hired and send to bolster the defensive positions in the Alps and prepare for the last assault of the war.
    The last stage was set in motion. The extra troops helped to gain a victory in the North, which prompted the French generals to open the assault in the mountains. French troops had been harassing Italian positions for months now. The Italians, while not pushed back, were not sufficiently led or trained and suffered heavy casualties. With Austrian forces being drawn to the north, it was time to strike. The French launched their assault over the entire southern front, pushing the Italians out of the Savoiard and Swiss mountains.
    After this bloody conflict peace was signed, with the French gaining the province of Bern for a small compensation in gold.
    Much glory was had on both sides. Many thanks to Poach for the gold, it helped more than you know
    ''Holy hell that Scythe is overpowerd! Death should be nerfed!''

Abbs, you disappoint me losing the Swiss line which I held for so long