Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CAC Campaign Pack, providing additional campaigns to the game. Version 1.2.4 Released 2018-08-18

Icon3 CAC Campaign Pack, providing additional campaigns to the game. Version 1.2.4 Released 2018-08-18

Conflictus Antiquarum Culturarum Campaign Pack

We are happy to announce the release of version 1.2.4 compatibility update to the Campaign Pack for Conflictus Antiquarum Culturarum (CAC) for the Rome 2 game:
    Alexander Campaign starting in 332 B.C and a Four Emperors Campaign starting in 69 A.D.

Conflictus Antiquarum Culturarum (CAC) Campaign Pack version 1.2.4 is available at these sites: Mediafire and Depositfiles. The CAC Campaign Pack is fully compatible with Rome2 Emperor Edition (Rise of the Republic version).

!!!NOTE!!! CAC version 1.2.4 is a pre-requisite for playing the Campaign Pack, since most of the contents is included in the CAC 1.x Mod Pack. Both files shall be installed and activated using the Mod launcher in Steam. The CAC Campaign Pack will thus overwrite the relevant files in the CAC 1.x Mod Pack. !!!NOTE!!!

The CAC Campaign Pack is also available at Steam.

1. Delete or uninstall previous CAC Campaign Pack version

2. Download and Install CAC version 1.x Mod Pack.

3. Download and Unpack the CAC Campaign Pack to your Rome2 data folder.

4. Download CAC UPC type language file for the Campaign Pack (if applicable for your Rome 2 installation).

The CAC specific UPC type language files (Czech, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish and Turkish) are available for download here: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/urzb...R2TW_Mod_Files.
    Download the file that corresponds with your Rome 2 installation and extract to you data folder. Ensure you do not have other mod language packs (UPCs) in your data folder, including CAC ones. If you discover any missing text, then please provide feedback in this thread!. All UPC files are updated to version 1.2 (also used for version 1.2.4) for the CAC Campaign Pack!

4. If you are having troble launching the mod and possibly also campaign pack, then read this: If the mod files are written with any CAPITAL LETTERS included, then the Rome2 game may crash, while loading. However, if the file names are renamed from "CAC_Campaign_Pack_v1.x" to "cac_campaign_pack_v1.x" and from "CAC_Mod_v1.x" to "cac_mod_v1.x" then it should work. The files are located in the data folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data (example)

Known issues: Rome2 game crashes when you exit the game after playing this campaign pack. Gameplay is not affected although the issue is annoying.

Alexander Campaign, 332 B.C.

We have used the Grand Campaign as basis and completely reworked campaign starting position to reflect the situation after the battle of Issus in 332 B.C.

The following factions are playable in the Alexander Campaign:
    Senatus Populusque Romanus
    Makedonia
    Apeiros
    Hakhâmaneshiyân
    Kemet
    Syrakousai
    Brettioi
    Japyges
    Mexl Rasnal
    Senones
    Insubres
    Venetkens
    Ambrones
    Rhaeti
    Qart-Hadasht

The following aspects of the basic CAC Mod v1.x are adapted to make the campaign:
    The Comprehensive Area of Recruitment System
    Factions
    Religions and Cultures
    Unit Rosters including new ones for the new factions not included in basic CAC
    Campaign is 12 turns-per-year
    Mercenaries
    General Models
    New Religious buildings for the new factions not included in basic CAC

Four Emperors Campaign, 69 A.D.

The Year of the Four Emperors was a year in the history of the Roman Empire in 69 A.D, where four Emperors ruled in succession: Galba, Otho, Vitellius, and Vespasian.
    The suicide of emperor Nero, in 68 A.D, was followed by a brief period of civil war, the first Roman civil war since Mark Antony's death in 30 B.C. Between June of 68 A.D. and December of 69 A.D, Rome witnessed the successive rise and fall of Galba, Otho and Vitellius until the final accession of Vespasian, first of the Imperial Flavian dynasty.

We have used the Emperor (Augustus) Campaign as basis and completely reworked campaign starting position to reflect the situation in the Roman Empire with Galba in control of Rome and Italian peninsula. Otho has his power base in Hispania, Africa and Sicily. Vittelius has his power base in Gaul and finally Vespasian is in control of the Eastern part. The campaign starts in 69 A.D. and we have reused as much as possible from the Emperor campaign due to the similar concept of the campaigns setup.

The following factions are playable in the Four Emperors Campaign:
    Emperor Galba
    Emperor Otho
    Emperor Vittelius
    Emperor Vespasianus
    Caledones
    Markamanniz
    Dacia
    Gutones
    Lougoi
    Heruskoz
    Hayq
    Parthian Empire
    Raokhshna
    Kushan Empire
    Hashmannim

The following aspects of the basic CAC Mod v1.x are adapted to make the campaign:
    The Comprehensive Area of Recruitment System
    Factions
    Religions and Cultures
    Updated Unit Rosters to reflect the later starting point including small changes to Roman units’ equipment
    Campaign is 24 turns-per-year
    Mercenaries

Best regards
    il Pitta and Iutland

Below you will find images from the campaign pack:

Makedonia facing the Persian Empire etc.

Alexander Himself

Italian situation in 332 B.C.

The campaign includes several historical personalities

Vespasian's part of the Roman Empire

Vespasian ready to depart for Jerusalem to crush the rebellion

Galba's part of the Roman Empire

Otho's part of the Roman Empire

Vittelius' part of the Roman Empire

Alexander Campaign Team and Credits:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Team:
    [Historical research and unit design] il Pitta
    [All types of modding] iutland
    Credits:
    [Carthaginian Scutum patterns etc.] by permission from fernando77
    [Shields] by permission from VINC-XXIII
    [Improved Roman and Horse Textures] by permission from Pdguru

Four Emperors Campaign Team and Credits:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Team:
    [Historical research and modding] iutland
    Credits:
    [Improved Roman and Horse Textures] by permission from Pdguru

Default Re: CAC Campaign Pack, providing additional campaigns to the game. Released 2015-06-01

Awesome job mate looking forward to playing them i am still to this day playing Land of the rising sun and LME mods keep up the good work and look forward to seen what you come up with when you do future releases for this mod and Attila
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

Default Re: CAC Campaign Pack, providing additional campaigns to the game. Released 2015-06-01

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigorukia View Post
    Awesome job mate looking forward to playing them i am still to this day playing Land of the rising sun and LME mods keep up the good work and look forward to seen what you come up with when you do future releases for this mod and Attila
    Thanks Ichigorukia

I remember you asked long ago, if additional campaigns would be part of CAC, and now they are here

Now it is time to move on to Attila.

Wow you rock. It's like a gift. Interesting part of Alexander conquests to start out with! All hard fighting and management ahead. Shame I have to go to bed for work in the AM, can't wait to play tomorrow. Great work!��������

Will this mod ever be put on steam? Im just terrified of personally messing with game files... I'm not great with computers...

Autaritus's Avatar Libertus

The mod looks great! However, after installing everything and following the instructions, the campaigns don't appear in the menu...

Edit: problem solved, I guess I'm kind of dumb on computers, lol
    Last edited by Autaritus; June 06, 2015 at 05:28 AM.

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

Conglaturations! I will surely play the Four Emperors campaign.
    Huic ab adulescentia bella intestina, caedes, rapinae, discordia civilis grata fuerunt ibique iuventutem suam exercuit

Civis

games campaign 4tpy work ?

The installer provides the same kind of file you get on steam. It doesn't overwrite any files

holy crap!

Hello,
    I still can't find the 2 new campaigns in my campaign menu. How did you find yours?

The AI agents success ratio should be reduced. Every turn my armies get losses because of them (poison effect).

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates

Running the game with the main CAC mod works just fine, but it crashes everytime I toggle the campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Autaritus View Post
    The mod looks great! However, after installing everything and following the instructions, the campaigns don't appear in the menu...

Edit: problem solved, I guess I'm kind of dumb on computers, lol
    How did you solve this issue?

Dunno if you have it working or what you did wrong but here's a full proof way of doing it. Run both installers and redirect them to install to your desktop. Search the folders that show up now on your desktop and look for the files with the .pack extensions. Now open program files (x86) then open steam folder then steam apps folder, then the common folder and then the total war Rome 2 folder and drop those two pack files in the data folder. As long as your don't have any other mods running it will work. There are only two campaigns to choice from Alexander's and the roman one.

Thanks for the nice words

A little feedback:
    1. The installers contains different files, but both are needed. tigger_t's description above is correct!
    2. A Steam release of 1.0 and the campaign pack is not planned yet. But they will eventually be released on Steam..........I think. The IP rights for any work in CAC are transferred to Steam (Valve) if released via the workshop

I have a question. what is the recommended difficulty for this mod. I play very hard/very hard. Of course it should be hard to win but I've had some ridiculous battles. Example I had levy infantry surrounded by my phalanx in a fight and they fight almost to the last man. Even cavarly charges an archers, they run but when engaged they fight until almost 80% are dead before routing. Just wondering if The difficulty on very hard gives real high bonuses or if I'm out of practice with Hellenic style armies from playing Roman campaigns too long .

Spuštění hry hlásí chybu, i když děláme vše podle instructions.If I označit ve spouštěcí "campaign.pack" a hra funguje. V opačném případě, ne "campaing.pack" mod funguje.

Game startup reports an error, even if we do everything according to instructions.If I mark in the startup "campaign.pack 'and the game works. Otherwise, no "campaing.pack" mod works.

Cesco's Avatar Decanus

I'm playing the four emperor campaign and i found the corruption level to be very high, maybe it should be decreased...with Vespasianus i conquered all Italia, north afica and southern france and i have almost no income due to corruption.
    Huic ab adulescentia bella intestina, caedes, rapinae, discordia civilis grata fuerunt ibique iuventutem suam exercuit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast