View Poll Results: Which of these should become our summer IH?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Post-apocalyptic faction game

0 0%
  • Post-apocalyptic merc game (Wild Geese mercs)

5 83.33%
  • Post-apocalyptic merc game (Black Water mercs)

5 83.33%
  • Post-apocalyptic merc game (Other mercs, please elaborate)

3 50.00%
  • Fred's Great Battles-esque game

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: 2015 IH polling thread

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Default 2015 IH polling thread

Well, it seems we've narrowed the field down to just a few choices for our summer IH: either a post-apocalyptic faction game, a post-apocalyptic mercenary-themed IH-RPG (with said band being either the Wild Geese (proposed by Rose), 'the Black Water' proposed by Perry, or something else to be proposed in this thread) or Fred's plan for a Great Battles-style single set-piece multiplayer battle (which seems to be the only other serious suggestion for a setting & game besides the stuff set in my post-apoc setting).

@Fred As we discussed over Skype, please elaborate on the Great Battles-esque game we talked about ASAP so folks will know exactly what it's going to be like. The IH community can't be expected to vote for a game they know very little about right now, after all

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: 2015 IH polling thread

What about Kip's idea?

This one? Kip's suggesting game mechanics (which are grand), not a distinct setting or merc band. I do plan on including said mechanics into any of the merc RPG-IHs, however.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

I think I like Xion's idea best. Voted

jacb547's Avatar Primicerius

I really like Kip's idea and am down for whatever the name of our merc band is.
    "We all know whatmy brother would do. Robert would gallop up to the gates of Winterfell alone, break them with his warhammer, and ride through the rubble to slay Roose Bolton with his left hand and the Bastard with his right. I am not Robert. But we will march, and we will free Winterfell … or die in the attempt."

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Sold on the character game. If Fred feels inspired I think a battle management game could run concurrently, though I'd have to pass on that (don't really see myself investing the time to photoshop maps, as much as I'd like to participate). I like Rose's Wild Geese name and I'm really fond of Perry's structure with separate (but obviously linked) Political and Paramilitary wings, sort of like an amped-up, stateless version of the powerful militarized political parties found in some parts of the world today.

I've talked to Fred over Skype and he says that he doesn't have time to host a game anymore, so I suppose the post-apocalyptic mercenary idea wins by default. I'll post the thread later today, and I'll be aiming to make it possible for you guys to register characters ASAP.