Thread: Sashimono

Domesticus

Default Sashimono

Hello!

I would like to make changes to sashimono of units.

With PFM what do I export?

I have tested it in the game do not happen the changes.

Default Re: Sashimono

Depends on what changes you want to edit.

For example,
    for removing/changing the type of sashimono: data.pack>db>warscape_equipment_themes
    for editing the flag in the sashimono: models.pack>rigidmodels>flags>textures

Domesticus

for editing the flag in the sashimono: models.pack>rigidmodels>flags>textures

I tried to change the sashimono Tokugawa (mon_stratbanner_tokugawa_diffuse.dds).

Unfortunately, the changes are not seen in the game.

Do you have any advice?

Try editing the faction_banners DB table.

The symbol column refers to files in the models2.pack variantmodels\mons

Also the models.pack>rigidmodels>flags>textures flag is used for settlements and the main banner, not the Sashimono. If you want to change the shape of the Sashimono you'll need to edit the equipment.cs2.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Domesticus

Ok! Thank you!

Now I try.

Yes, the flags of the cities and armies see the changes.

Domesticus

It works!

You have to change the colors in the table "Faction_banner" in DB.

Thanks again!

Domesticus

Hi!

Has anyone in the forum converted the sashimono model to ms3d or mesh file format?

If I'm not mistaken it is inside models2.pack/variantmodels/equipment, in the mesh1.variant_part_mesh file.

I would need it to try to make some changes in Medieval 2 Total War.

Let me know!

Sashimono is as 3DS Max file in Assembly Kit files
    Wolf girl who likes to draw anime girls ❤️ DeviantArt, Twitter
    Also mad creator of

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
    TWCenter Forum, MODDB, Patreon

Yes you have 3DS files in the raw_data folder in the modding tools. \Shogun_modding\raw_data\art\battle\land\models\soldiers\VariantModels\UnitParts\Japan\equipment is the full filepath. You can export any model you need from there with 3DS max. With the help from Sara I was able to convert those models to variant part meshes for shogun 2.
    Wanna play as minor clans from expanded Japan by unamie5? Now you can: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428505886

Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Shogun 2 Mod

Domesticus

I did! Thanks!

I made my sashimono file to make variation for the units, but it is not affected by the wind, it looks like a static box, and not a flag. How could I fix it?
    Wolves are the souls of fallen metalheads.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonatametalera View Post
    I made my sashimono file to make variation for the units, but it is not affected by the wind, it looks like a static box, and not a flag. How could I fix it?
    I had the same problem. That's because it's a variant part. You have to create new equipment item if you want proper effects, same goes for weapons. I guess the game reads equipment and variant parts differently.
    Wanna play as minor clans from expanded Japan by unamie5? Now you can: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428505886

But by doing that, you should only have a single Sashimono model per unit, right? Or is there a way to do it as a team model and have variety? Since he used to do it but he could only wear a single sashimono.

But by doing that, you should only have a single Sashimono model per unit, right? Or is there a way to do it as a team model and have variety? Since he used to do it but he could only wear a single sashimono.
    Yes you can still have variety. The way to achieve it is to add numbers to the end of the name, starting from 01,02, 03 etc. For example rigid_equip_sashimono_inf_oda01_(lod01/02...04), rigid_equip_sashimono_inf_oda02_(lod01/02...04) and so on for each new variant you want to add. Then in the db tables warscape_equipment_items add only the name sashimono_inf_oda, and name the equipment however you want

Hi, I already made it, thank you very much, I never thought I could, really thank you very much. My 10th Anniversary Mod will have a full dedication for you. I thank you with all my heart.

Hi, I already made it, thank you very much, I never thought I could, really thank you very much. My 10th Anniversary Mod will have a full dedication for you. I thank you with all my heart.
    Glad you made it, but don't thank me. Sara Temer deserves all the credit here as she was the one who helped me in the first place

Hi Collateral_dmg sorry to bother you again.How could I rename the files rigid_equip ... etc?
    They sent me a file containing 142 flags that a Chinese made, but each flag has a name...
    r i g i d _ e q u i p _ S a s h i m o n o _ i n f a n t r y _ x 1 _ l o d 1
    r i g i d _ e q u i p _ S a s h i m o n o _ i n f a n t r y _ x 2 _ l o d 1
    r i g i d _ e q u i p _ S a s h i m o n o _ i n f a n t r y _ x 3 _ l o d 1
    etc etc
    How could i rename these files to rigid_equip_sashimono01, rigid_equip_sashimono02, etc...?

Hi Collateral_dmg sorry to bother you again.How could I rename the files rigid_equip ... etc?
    They sent me a file containing 142 flags that a Chinese made, but each flag has a name...
    r i g i d _ e q u i p _ S a s h i m o n o _ i n f a n t r y _ x 1 _ l o d 1
    r i g i d _ e q u i p _ S a s h i m o n o _ i n f a n t r y _ x 2 _ l o d 1
    r i g i d _ e q u i p _ S a s h i m o n o _ i n f a n t r y _ x 3 _ l o d 1
    etc etc
    How could i rename these files to rigid_equip_sashimono01, rigid_equip_sashimono02, etc...?
    You have to do that in 3ds max. It's a process, but not too hard. Again, you need a program like ultimate unwrap 3d if you want to save those files as .obj or .fbx so you can open them in 3ds max 2010 version (I recommend .fbx). You will also need .cs2 exporter for 3ds 2010, look it up online. After you open them in 3ds, simply rename the meshes and export as .cs2 file (you will probably have to assign them to the sashimono bone again, so take a look at skin modifiers in 3ds, it's not too difficult). Then you need to put the file into the raw data folder F:\Shogun_modding\raw_data\art\battle\land\models\soldiers\VariantModels\UnitParts\Japan\equipment\sashimono_inf1, in my case. After that run BOB, navigate to your sahimono folder in raw files and tick the box next to .cs2 file to export it. BOB will convert the file to variant_part_mesh if you did everything correctly. If not, you will get an error message which will usually tell you what's wrong. And then you are done. Add the sashimono to the warscape_equipment_items table, and you will have multiple variations for your sashimono in game.

If you don't want to bother with that whole process, and if you don't have UU3D, I can do this for you, it doesn't take long at all as I also have those same files you have. You just have to tell me how many variations you want, and how to name the meshes. Or, I can send you some of my meshes and photoshop files and you can make whatever you want if you have 3ds max. I plan on releasing all of that when I finish my mod.

With 30 variations it is more than enough. I do not intend to do a total conversion like you, I want a Vanilla only with that variation I tried to do what you told me during the weekend but it was impossible, my 3dsmax is from the year 2019 and it seems that it only Works for 2010, if you have the file with variants I would really appreciate if you could share it. I can share my variants of climates that I managed to do in Shogun, they make everything much more cinematic without the need for reshade, but the amount of variants you have would greatly appreciate it.Look!!

If it is possible to have more than 30 much better, it can be whatever name it is, I have many sashimonos made from a book that I bought, with almost 100,.

I leave you the link in case it helps you, in exchange for your help n_n

https://www.mediafire.com/file/su0ta...ather.rar/file
    Last edited by Sonatametalera; April 20, 2021 at 12:22 PM.