Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Sub mod in developement] Hegemony

Default Re: [WIP] Hegemony: A submod for The Elder Scrolls Total War

Yeah, House Dagoth has just repelled the Tribunal and secured Keening and Sunder. It now has to send out "Dreamers" (Priests) to convert the surrounding areas so that it can capture them + recruit units.

I'm pleased to announce that Jadli (coding/scripting) and Dawnbreaker (writing/lore) have joined the Hegemony team!

And a quick update:
    - A "randomizer" script was added to run prior to the start of the player's first turn. It places three Daedric artifacts, by way of "Mysterious Cave" buildings, in three random provinces across the continent without any regard to province or faction. They confer offensive, defensive, and mercantile/trade bonuses respectively, but shouldn't have major impacts on any faction's ability to expand or even survive. The objective is to encourage the game to make every campaign different from the last through use of this script and other "random events" during the game.
    - All of the factions except for the Kingdom of Taneth have been added to the grand campaign. Taneth should be added shortly, followed by a big rebalancing of the EDU and EDB files for home/auxiliary recruitment and construction for all factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Absolutex View Post
    I'm pleased to announce that Jadli (coding/scripting) and Dawnbreaker (writing/lore) have joined the Hegemony team!

And a quick update:
    - A "randomizer" script was added to run prior to the start of the player's first turn. It places three Daedric artifacts, by way of "Mysterious Cave" buildings, in three random provinces across the continent without any regard to province or faction. They confer offensive, defensive, and mercantile/trade bonuses respectively, but shouldn't have major impacts on any faction's ability to expand or even survive. The objective is to encourage the game to make every campaign different from the last through use of this script and other "random events" during the game.
    - All of the factions except for the Kingdom of Taneth have been added to the grand campaign. Taneth should be added shortly, followed by a big rebalancing of the EDU and EDB files for home/auxiliary recruitment and construction for all factions.
    Godamn now I can't wait! Do you plan a release?

We're hoping to have an alpha release by the end of February.

Make all khajiit generals have the "night fighter" trait like the orcs in Third Age. Could one do somthing like the Kingdom of Morrowind for other factions? Like if Anequina conquers Pellentine, Anequina will be renamed the "Khajiit Empire" and get access to the Pelentine units. Also can the spy model for the khajiit factions be changed to the "senche" model to represent an Affiq (small quadruped khajiit used as spies)? Making the generals for the khajiit look differet from their bodyguards so one can identify them in the middle of battle. Maybe give them differet armor or fur color. The Anequina generals have the Pellentine symbol on thier armor, consider channging that?

A few observations and requests. All pike and crossbow units have no secundary weapon. Crowned halberdiers and Mythic dawn infantry have a mass of 4. Dremora Feindaz archers, Mythic dawn archers and Legion heavy archers have 2 hitpoints.
    In the description of the Anequina Guard cav it says "khajiit sencha-riders, armed with scimetars and small shields", consider giving this unit a shield. And give all mounted generals 2 hitpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by K'Sharra the Conqueror View Post
    Could one do somthing like the Kingdom of Morrowind for other factions? Like if Anequina conquers Pellentine, Anequina will be renamed the "Khajiit Empire" and get access to the Pelentine units.
    Not Khajiit Empire but Elsweyr. Good idea though. Same could be said for High Rock, Skyrim and Hammerfell.

cant wait for this!!!

This will be awesome thank you so much!

Time to reinstall Medieval 2 and TESTW mod then! Thank you!! Can't wait to try your sub mod!

Hey everyone, just a quick update here. I jumped the gun when I said Hegemony could have a playable build in February. We've changed up some of our planned mechanics regarding cities and forts and we need to do some significant testing to see if the AI will be able to use the new systems without being completely lost. We also need to add new campaign scripts. All of those things plus general time constraints make the actual date uncertain, but we'd like to have an "alpha" version out by the end of the summer. It appears that TES:TW is working on a patch, so that might push our release back too.

Other changes since the last update include:
    - A new "Nordic Pantheon" religion -- The citizens and factions of Skyrim didn't worship the Cyrodiilic Nine Divines during this time period.
    - New unit write-ups -- no longer will you see "Text Not Available" on the ships' unit cards, for example
    - New lore write-ups
    - New faction descriptions
    - Lots of EDB rewriting and balancing
    - Lots of artwork for the new occupation mechanics, religions, factions, etc.
    Last edited by Absolutex; February 29, 2016 at 01:14 PM.

[QUOTE=Absolutex;14869490]. All of those things plus general time constraints make the actual date uncertain, but we'd like to have an "alpha" version out by the end of the summer. It appears that TES:TW is working on a patch, so that might push our release back too.

Hey when you say end of summer what month do you mean as I live in Oz (aussie aussie aussie Oi Oi Oi) and it's the last day of summer ?

Northern hemisphere Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Absolutex View Post
    Hey everyone, just a quick update here. I jumped the gun when I said Hegemony could have a playable build in February. We've changed up some of our planned mechanics regarding cities and forts and we need to do some significant testing to see if the AI will be able to use the new systems without being completely lost. We also need to add new campaign scripts. All of those things plus general time constraints make the actual date uncertain, but we'd like to have an "alpha" version out by the end of the summer. It appears that TES:TW is working on a patch, so that might push our release back too.

Other changes since the last update include:
    - A new "Nordic Pantheon" religion -- The citizens and factions of Skyrim didn't worship the Cyrodiilic Nine Divines during this time period.
    - New unit write-ups -- no longer will you see "Text Not Available" on the ships' unit cards, for example
    - New lore write-ups
    - New faction descriptions
    - Lots of EDB rewriting and balancing
    - Lots of artwork for the new occupation mechanics, religions, factions, etc.
    I'm assuming that you're not adding new boat types, so would it make sense to just use the generic descriptions except replace 'mediteranean' with 'morrowind' or something. And yeah i'm fine with waiting for a release, no rush guys

Is there anyway to control the Hordes of Oblivion?
    This signature is clickable

A few ideas and suggestions. Give Dagoth Ur a special ancillary called "Heart of Lorkhon", gives say 3 dread and 6 hitpoints. If a general kills Dagoth and have more chivalry then dread, the heart will be destroyed. If he has more dread he gets the heart for himself.
    If a faction conquer the Imperial city and hold it for 12 turns, the faction name will change to (faction name; Empire) and the faction leaders title will change to Emperor. (For example, Kongdom of Skyrim will become Skyrim Empire and High King Ragnar will become Emperor Ragnar).

I found this the other day http://www.taagra.com/. It's a ongoing project to create the khajiit language, Ta'agra. To add more immersion to the khajiit, one can make them speak Ta'agra. I have a few phrases that I made.

Example (chivalrous general attacking): Jajo vabase zeti rak. (This will be an honourable battle.)

(dread general attacking) Akraiit sajoh derabi var!Traajijazeri dat jadiitay!
    (The enemies do not deserve life! Take it from them!)

Wano'ith etofor. (Resting here.)

Quote Originally Posted by K'Sharra the Conqueror View Post
    A few ideas and suggestions. Give Dagoth Ur a special ancillary called "Heart of Lorkhon", gives say 3 dread and 6 hitpoints. If a general kills Dagoth and have more chivalry then dread, the heart will be destroyed. If he has more dread he gets the heart for himself.
    If a faction conquer the Imperial city and hold it for 12 turns, the faction name will change to (faction name; Empire) and the faction leaders title will change to Emperor. (For example, Kongdom of Skyrim will become Skyrim Empire and High King Ragnar will become Emperor Ragnar).

I found this the other day http://www.taagra.com/. It's a ongoing project to create the khajiit language, Ta'agra. To add more immersion to the khajiit, one can make them speak Ta'agra. I have a few phrases that I made.

Example (chivalrous general attacking): Jajo vabase zeti rak. (This will be an honourable battle.)

(dread general attacking) Akraiit sajoh derabi var!Traajijazeri dat jadiitay!
    (The enemies do not deserve life! Take it from them!)

Wano'ith etofor. (Resting here.)

might wanna talk with more elder scrolls people, most people here are more of the total war type and aren't great with lore nor voice acting.

Some unit ideas for the khajiit factions:
    Dagi-raht mages: weak mage unit for Pellentine
    Tojay-raht lancers: mounted Tojay-raht spearmen, high-tier cavalry for Pellentine
    Sandguards cavalry: mounted Sandguards, high-tier cavalry for Anequina
    Sandguard heavy cavalry: mounted Sandguard heavy swordsmen, high-tier cavalry for Anequina
    Affiq (wardog unit): scaled down Sanche with different fur colors, for both factions
    Cathey warriors, slightly bigger unit model then normal units, high-tier heavy infantry for both factions, also merc unit
    Cathey cavalry: riding larger Sanche-raht, slower then Sanche, high-tier cavalry for both factions

I hope y'alls work on this is going well. Personally I think the biggest issue (the one that I had the most trouble with fixing for TESTW) is the lack of unit variety for the factions. I hope y'all are working well with that.

Also if y'all intend to modify how mages work I'd look the the Warhammer mod for Medieval. They seem to have an excellent system for magic projectiles. If I had known about it I would have had alot easier time modifying the code for magic attacks haha.
    I jury rigged the hell out of Elder Scrolls Total War to make a decent mod.

I agree with Carnage that unit variety is lacking. The Great Houses for instance are just chitin armored militia, with town guards as the main force. The Telvanni in Morrowind had Bosmer and Nord mercenaries all over the place, and the Hlaalu had lots of outlander mercs as well, though not so well armored. I know the mole crab helm is in the game, as it is on strat map models and used by house Dagoth for some baffling reason, but assigning it to Telvanni units would do wonders to break up the monotony and make things more immersive.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

any news?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast