Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Sub mod in developement] Hegemony

Icon1 [Sub mod in developement] Hegemony

Deleted
    Last edited by Absolutex; January 13, 2019 at 04:12 PM.

Default Re: [WIP] Hegemony: A submod for The Elder Scrolls Total War

Wow... can't wait until this will be released! Looks really amazing

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Nice, eagerly looking forward to play it

So it was mistake to abandon TWC... OK.

Quote Originally Posted by DaedraWarrior View Post
    So it was mistake to abandon TWC... OK.
    Hi DaedraWarrior, thanks for all of the hard work with TESTW. I'm not sure that I understand your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Absolutex View Post
    Hi DaedraWarrior, thanks for all of the hard work with TESTW. I'm not sure that I understand your post.
    We thought, that mod is unpopular on TWC and abandoned site (also, one of reasons was lack of my personal time to visit it) to concentrate on ModDB and our common russian forum. As I see, it was mistake.
    What I need to say - don't be very fast in your sub-mod, because we don't released yet some features in our mod, that you described in your plans. But we watch for you with interest.

Will be keeping an eye on this. Looks cool.

Quote Originally Posted by DaedraWarrior View Post
    We thought, that mod is unpopular on TWC and abandoned site (also, one of reasons was lack of my personal time to visit it) to concentrate on ModDB and our common russian forum. As I see, it was mistake.
    What I need to say - don't be very fast in your sub-mod, because we don't released yet some features in our mod, that you described in your plans. But we watch for you with interest.
    Because it's in the WIP forum so people aren't noticing. The only thing that keeps you from getting your own forum ala Third Age Total War here is that you haven't applied for it. When we had Hyrule Total War in the WIP forum, the only thing that kept the author from getting his own board was a lack of a campaign, which you have.

So how is this going so far?

It's possible to have the Second Aldmeri Dominion in the form of an alliance, although you can have the Third Aldmeri Dominion come into existence on the Summerset Isles after the Oblivion Crisis, then create an event were they declare war on Valenwood and Elsweyr.

I did some reading, turns out the Second Aldmeri Dominion was split up by the empire. The Secession of Alinor was in 4E 22. In 4E 29 you can have part of Valenwood join the Aldmeri in the Thalmor coup.

I sincerely hope you're making great progress with this sub-mod; i'm really looking forward to it being released! Have you any updates on how things are going?

Is this sub-mod still being worked on?

Hegemony is still alive--I got sidetracked by some other things, but I'm now working on the new factions. At the moment, I'm going to replace the Tribes of Valenwood faction with Great House Indoril because 1) Indoril is one of the five Great Houses, 2) it's supposed to have a significant amount of territory, and 3) there currently aren't enough units for Valenwood to be anything more than a province-wide rebel faction. I'll eventually update the OP with new info/better art.

So... Hegemony needs modelers and skinners! Help with art and coding would be great too, but we desperately need more faction units, including simple reskins of some units.

Edit: Here's a map of mainland Morrowind as envisioned by the excellent team over at Tamriel Rebuilt (a massive content mod for Morrowind). It seems to be supported by lore and what little tidbits we know about the mainland, so I'll be using this as a jumping-off point for reworking the mainland Morrowind area in Hegemony.
    Last edited by Absolutex; January 13, 2016 at 10:48 PM.

I'm very glad this isn't dead, looks amazing and I can't wait for it!

A sample of some of the new art being worked on: four levels of the new Nine Divines building icon, Jorrvaskr (unique Companions "guild building" in Whiterun), The Skyforge (unique "smith" in Whiterun), the new Evermore banner, and the new Northpoint banner.

Some more updates:

1) Cultures and settlements have been reworked, allowing all factions except for House Dagoth and the Hordes of Oblivion to grow settlements from villages to large cities. The "Huge City" rank is now known as "Unique City" and is reserved for special strat map models.

2) Here are some of the preliminary (significant) campaign map changes (link).

Cyrodiil has been broken up into smaller regions by adding various villages across the province like Weatherleah, Aleswell, Harm's Folly, Cropsford, etc., and by removing/converting some castles. The Empire does start off with even more provinces now, but most will require significant time investments to develop into profitable settlements. Plus, the Empire is the hegemonic power after all...

Vvardenfell has been reworked a bit, with the "Ghostfence" region now extending around Red Mountain. Two of House Dagoth's castles have been removed and replaced with permanent forts/"Dwemer Ruins" resources which can be traded. It's envisioned that House Dagoth will start slow and weak, and then turn into a near-unstoppable force if left unchallenged for too long. In fact, House Dagoth will have a very different style of play from the other factions...

Mournhold has been renamed "Almalexia" and its territory ("Almalexia and Mournhold") has been expanded. The adjacent "Indoril District" region is now smaller; its settlement of "Ald Sotha" has been moved northeast and renamed Akamora in light of Tamriel Rebuilt's ideas. Both regions start under House Indoril's control.

Lots of other changes to settlements and ports were made to fix reported errors across various tools.

3) House Telvanni's holdings have been slightly reworked (link).

All Telvanni castles have been converted into settlements of varying sizes. The Telvanni tower models are now used as non-tradeable resources that notify the player that they can recruit elite Telvanni units. A few permanent forts, like Wolverine Hall on the outskirts of Sadrith Mora, have been placed across the region.
    Last edited by Absolutex; January 28, 2016 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Absolutex View Post
    Some more updates:

1) Cultures and settlements have been reworked, allowing all factions except for House Dagoth and the Hordes of Oblivion to grow settlements from villages to large cities. The "Huge City" rank is now known as "Unique City" and is reserved for special strat map models.

2) Here are some of the preliminary (significant) campaign map changes (link).

Cyrodiil has been broken up into smaller regions by adding various villages across the province like Weatherleah, Aleswell, Harm's Folly, Cropsford, etc., and by removing/converting some castles. The Empire does start off with even more provinces now, but most will require significant time investments to develop into profitable settlements. Plus, the Empire is the hegemonic power after all...

Vvardenfell has been reworked a bit, with the "Ghostfence" region now extending around Red Mountain. Two of House Dagoth's castles have been removed and replaced with permanent forts/"Dwemer Ruins" resources which can be traded. It's envisioned that House Dagoth will start slow and weak, and then turn into a near-unstoppable force if left unchallenged for too long. In fact, House Dagoth will have a very different style of play from the other factions...

Mournhold has been renamed "Almalexia" and its territory ("Almalexia and Mournhold") has been expanded. The adjacent "Indoril District" region is now smaller; its settlement of "Ald Sotha" has been moved northeast and renamed Akamora in light of Tamriel Rebuilt's ideas. Both regions start under House Indoril's control.

Lots of other changes to settlements and ports were made to fix reported errors across various tools.

3) House Telvanni's holdings have been slightly reworked (link).

All Telvanni castles have been converted into settlements of varying sizes. The Telvanni tower models are now used as non-tradeable resources that notify the player that they can recruit elite Telvanni units. A few permanent forts, like Wolverine Hall on the outskirts of Sadrith Mora, have been placed across the region.
    Wow as someone who just played elder scrolls 3 this is a major turn on for me
    Will there be a 6th house rising event like the oblivion one in testw?

@Bob the monkey

There probably won't be a scripted event for House Dagoth's "emergence" like that for the Oblivion forces (since the former is a playable faction), but there might be some slow build-up events like religious conversion and random stack spawning depending on the number of provinces owned and other factors.

@Absolutex
    Ah, ok. That makes sense since it took them like 800 years to rise.
    So dagoth essentially starts after just taking back the tools?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast