Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Dynamic Music/Epic Music Packs FINAL || for Patch 17+

Default Re: Dynamic Music/Epic Music Packs FINAL || for Patch 17+

This is one of my favorite mods! I am very glad that i found it here, because as I understand it was removed from Steam. I have one question - how can I get all these songs in mp3 or at least can I get a list with these themes? Because I would like to add some of them to my playlist)

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    Damn, and this seems to be the only music mod working after patch 17 that's of high quality, astounding craftsmanship. I'm using the epic sound mod on the recommendation of Ygraine after discussion in DeI's forum. I must say it's even better than what I myself would have done .
    I'm dying to know what one of the tracks is in the (guessing barbarian) campaign after hearing it trying out Seubia, and then I think also in the Massilia campaign. It's got a very driving beat, with a little drone, super Nordic, lots of near-chanting style vocals in what sounds like a Scandanavian language.

I dont usually give out tracklists. But since im done with mod, i suggest looking up Wardruna.

Wasnt this track was it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuWPsx6U8rU
    Last edited by Tyso3; April 27, 2016 at 01:04 AM.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Yeah that's the one. There are two or three others from that first campaign I played that really escalated the playablity of DeI (even an overhaul that amazing can only take you so far with a depressing soundtrack). I knew I'd heard some of that recently, watched Vikings later that same night and immediately suspected the same artistry at work. I found it the next day after some intelligent googling, but I hadn't watched that whole live video. Good times.

Brilliant of that show to incorporate their music into the soundtrack, and equally brilliant of you to use them in the "barbarian" factions.

Total war soundtracks used to be about immerision, I just tried to bring that idea back lol.

And with great success I must admit.

Not so great for the scandinavian songs, but nevermind. I appreciate the mod. Anyway I'm waiting for the dynamic pack update. :V

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamdecipher View Post
    Not so great for the scandinavian songs, but nevermind. I appreciate the mod. Anyway I'm waiting for the dynamic pack update. :V

Then your going to be waiting a long time.

And not so happy with the Scandinavian songs? Find me Celtic Music that isnt irish folk, that fits into the timeframe and provides enough substinance to fit into battle, prebattle, campaign and loading music, and ill eat my hat.

I'm staying out of that, but if you do have spare time for an update in the future, check out the volume levels on some of the tracks in the Epic pack, they're so low you can't even hear them. I found it especially when playing the Greeks where more than 1 track suffers from inaudible volume levels -- Athens in my case -- though I also found one track while playing as Rome too so far. At first I thought the mod just stopped working since this is exactly what happened with other sound mods, but it's clear some of the tracks aren't leveled with the others.

Anyone who modded warscape sound/music has encountered this before, and I had to go into Audacity and crank the hell out of the levels of most of the tracks I incorporated into a cinematic music mod (for A Proper Empire) where some mp3's just couldn't even be heard despite sounding perfectly loud outside of the music mod. It's an odd quirk that I'd describe as a bug, but one that's fixable by boosting levels across the board on the tracks in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    I'm staying out of that, but if you do have spare time for an update in the future, check out the volume levels on some of the tracks in the Epic pack, they're so low you can't even hear them. I found it especially when playing the Greeks where more than 1 track suffers from inaudible volume levels -- Athens in my case -- though I also found one track while playing as Rome too so far. At first I thought the mod just stopped working since this is exactly what happened with other sound mods, but it's clear some of the tracks aren't leveled with the others.

Anyone who modded warscape sound/music has encountered this before, and I had to go into Audacity and crank the hell out of the levels of most of the tracks I incorporated into a cinematic music mod (for A Proper Empire) where some mp3's just couldn't even be heard despite sounding perfectly loud outside of the music mod. It's an odd quirk that I'd describe as a bug, but one that's fixable by boosting levels across the board on the tracks in question.

Actually it was the other way around. Tracks in Wwise are incredibly loud. Even a simple mp3 with standard quality would sound litrally 10x better at more compression then an mp3, and ontop of that all tracks were WAV files not mp3.

All tracks had to be turned down by a few decibles, otherwise the mod was only playable with the music on about 10% volume.

Ha! It's never just easy, is it? What a grind it is editing, then rechecking in game, editing again, etc. You did a great job overall given that, just a couple were drowned out. Perhaps 1 or 2 begin or end in near silence too, coupled with the low levels, it just sounds like the music stopped.

I'm going to amend what I said slightly though -- there does in fact appear to be total silence from the game after certain triggers or actions that interrupt the soundtrack, as in previous warscape versions (though i never noticed this in MTW2 for example). In ETW there were various campaign map actions that would either trigger or interrupt music, I suspect it's the same here, it's not always low volume in your mod when the music seems to disappear. I cranked the volume after one of these instances and could not hear anything under the ambient sounds, but kept playing and music triggered again shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyso3 View Post
    Then your going to be waiting a long time.

And not so happy with the Scandinavian songs? Find me Celtic Music that isnt irish folk, that fits into the timeframe and provides enough substinance to fit into battle, prebattle, campaign and loading music, and ill eat my hat.
    I said that appreciate it, so I'm not annoyed. You can find some good songs in Faun, Adrian von Ziegler, Omnia, some folk metal bands make instrumentals songs with traditional instruments. Perhaps now it's time to eat your hat. :V
    Last edited by Dreamdecipher; May 26, 2016 at 09:19 AM.

Great music pack. Starting the test but it seems a development of your previous pack so 10/10 no doubt!

+rep for you Tyso3 !

Cheers tene, always helps when a modding legend gives you kudos

I hope i get a chance to put something together for warhammer.

Thanks for kind words man
    I don't have Warhammer cause I dislike fantasy but hey! I encourage you to do it

No update sorry (still am missing the mod as i wiped comp, to update id need to do it all again lol)

Updated the main post with the correct previews for epic music mod, as they still had the old ones, even though i had previews made 8 months ago with the newer music!!

Caius Bingerus's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Tyso3 View Post
    Cheers tene, always helps when a modding legend gives you kudos

I hope i get a chance to put something together for warhammer.
    ah, this sounds really sweet in my old ears...i know you coudn`t resist on this ;-) cough-cough...i am eager to hear the results, thank you
    ...the duty of a soldier ends only with his death...

where apdate dynamic pack?(

This mod doesn't work for me. No conflicts in mod manager. Is there anyone with the same problem out there?

Just wanted to say I love this mod so thank you so much for doing this for all of us. Just curious, is there a list of the music anywhere? Also, if you ever plan on updating this again in the future, may I suggest some songs from Arcana and Dead Can Dance. Thanks!

Awesome mod. Shame you don't give out track lists tho, even tho I recognise some of them. As a fellow Swede I appreciate the addition of a Swedish song being included. Playing as the Romans now, but I haven't heard any song that is in the previews, which is strange.
    Life is a prison, death a release.