Jai Courtnay as Captain Boomerang
    Jared Leto as The Joker
    Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn
    Cara Delevingne as The Enchantress
    Jay Hernandez as El Diablo
    Karen Fukuhara as Katana
    Adam Beach as Slipknot
    Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Killer Croc

Based on the third installment of DC's Suicide Squad series. A bunch of imprisoned supervillains are recruited by the US government to do some missions on its behalf. The plot hasn't been revealed yet, but there are rumours that the Joker will not be part of the team. Batman will also have a brief appearance in the movie at some point.

Jared Leto as The Joker...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Default Re: Suicide Squad (2016)

Yeah seen the cartoon. It was pretty good, you guys should check it out.

Anyway I think this will be enjoyable. I'm still not sold on the DC universe, but this movie have a lot of potential to be very good.

Joker is going to be in Arkham, he's not part of the team. He'll just things up for everyone and laugh about it.

I have to say I'll be surprised if this is very good. It might be okay. But for some reason I think it's going to be pretty meh. That could be because I could care less about the majority of the characters. That cast picture almost looks like Cosplay to me too.

Guns, explosions, etc? Sold on a movie ticket already.

Seriously guys. Doesn't take much to sell me on 2.5 hours and the big screen and speakers. This concept is utterly perfect for the big screen and speakers. Sure...could be something I don't buy or ever watch again. But, the theater? I am there.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

If you squint hard enough you can tell there are 9 people in that photo, and not what it appears to be, 4-5 people and a few stains on the wall.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I never liked the redesign of Harley, they removed to much of the jester from the outfit. Joker is ok but I'm not digging the tattoo's, looks like to much of a spoiled pimp drug dealer. But I like both actors, so let's see.

Citizen

Harley is pretty accurate. She's never in that jester outfit in her appearances after the tv show ended.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Thats the point, I don't like the actual redesign from the comics, it's dumb.

Not to mention Harley Quinn name kinda lost its meaning, without the jester outfit, or theme anyway.

Allthough i think Harley is hard to fail in its portrayal imo. robie will do just fine i think.

Btw the Joker tatoos were only for the photoshoot so i heard. But i can say im not digging letos Joker looks. Also his hair. Odly enough.

Oh man it seems the media will spoil the entire movie for us, it seems like they took pictures of every goddamn shooting.

Suicide Squad trailer was just released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLLQ...ature=youtu.be

Holy craaaaaap! This trailer looks WAY better than BvS. Harley is nothing like I imagined, but in an awesome way. And I LOVE the atmosphere of this trailer, the tone and mood. It looks so well-made.
    "Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain

"I am against nature. I don't dig nature at all. I think nature is very unnatural. I think the truly natural things are dreams, which nature can't touch with decay." - Bob Dylan

"Faith in God means believing, absolutely, in something with no proof whatsoever. Faith in humanity means believing, absolutely, in something with a huge amount of proof to the contrary. WE are the true believers." - Joss Whedon

Citizen

It looks cool I guess. Not as blown away as you were. I wanna see more of Harley. Bet she is going to steal the show. Joker looks decent to me.

Also was that batman on top of the car?
    Last edited by Påsan; July 13, 2015 at 07:55 PM.

Saw the newest trailer and I have mixed feelings.

Will Smith is playing Will Smith. That is a negative.I'm usually a fan of his movies, but don't think he is good for a role like this.

Killer Croc...don''t know. Just does not look as intimidating as I would like. I did not want them to go full on bipedal crocodile, but something seems to be missing.

Harley looks decent. I will be upset if they alter too much of the history though.

Of course The Joker. I like the voice, he does a good job there. From what little was shown the acting seemed good.
    But the visual design? Nope, hate it. He looks more like a henchman. Not digging the tattoos and teeth.

Was that actually Batman on the car?

Still too soon to draw conclusions, but the negative is outweighing the positive.

I wanna see more of Harley
    Of course you do... so do i

Holy craaaaaap! This trailer looks WAY better than BvS. Harley is nothing like I imagined, but in an awesome way. And I LOVE the atmosphere of this trailer, the tone and mood. It looks so well-made.
    Yeah the tone and mood, i did like. Everything else?! hum mixed feelings about it... Just have to wait and see it i guess. Im not freaking out about it that is for sure.

I wonder if they are taking takes on Batman assault on arkham animated movie. It seems more or less that way. joker holding electric stuff...

Also was that batman on top of the car?
    Rumor has it, for a while back, that ben afleck was involved, and batman would be in cameo or guest apearance... but it might not be true.
    ( It might not be batman) In other words, i dont know, but there is a strong possibility that it is Batman from what i been reading.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; July 14, 2015 at 01:00 AM.

- I could be wrong, but I thought I saw someone in a Batsuit walking with that Su-Squad, and it seemed like it was just some villain in a batsuit, not affleck. Could be wrong.
    - Killer Croc looks unimpressive, yeah.
    - This Joker isn't Ledger-level, but I do like him. He's different then any previous versions, but seems to fit here very well.
    - Will Smith is just playing Will Smith, but that's a role he's always good in. And I only know Deadshot from the Arkham games, so I don't care if they change him.
    - Looks like Harley is gonna steal it. I was worried they'd over-sexualise her, 'cause they cast the ridiculously sexy Margot Robbie, but they don't seem to go that route. She looks amazing.

The main reason I'm so pumped about this is the atmosphere, It seriously feels like a breath of fresh air in the comic-book-movie world: everything seems to fit into a certain theme, there isn't an an over-abundance of bay-splosions and CG, and the customs finally don't feel out-of-place, 'cause they're all insane (at least a little). This finally feels like the start of a new DC cinematic universe, while MoS and BvS seem more like wannabe-epic conclusions to a story that has no beginning and middle.
    Mostly, I guess I'm just excited that this does NOT feel like a Zack Snyder film.
    Last edited by Your Lame Sister; July 14, 2015 at 05:06 AM.
    "Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain

"I am against nature. I don't dig nature at all. I think nature is very unnatural. I think the truly natural things are dreams, which nature can't touch with decay." - Bob Dylan

"Faith in God means believing, absolutely, in something with no proof whatsoever. Faith in humanity means believing, absolutely, in something with a huge amount of proof to the contrary. WE are the true believers." - Joss Whedon

Looks like Harley is gonna steal it. I was worried they'd over-sexualise her, 'cause they cast the ridiculously sexy Margot Robbie, but they don't seem to go that route. She looks amazing.
    Well they seem to do that in any of more recent versions of Harley. ( if you play Arkham games, or the latest material) She is strongly sexualized. More then originaly so.

While the Original harley.... well they used her sex appeal in a very different way. ( wich i prefer it to be honest)

God that animated series, best ever.

Classic
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Bonus

Last edited by Knight of Heaven; July 14, 2015 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Well they seem to do that in any of more recent versions of Harley. ( if you play Arkham games, or the latest material) She is strongly sexualized. More then originaly so.

While the Original harley.... well they used her sex appeal in a very different way. ( wich i prefer it to be honest)
    Yeah, Arkham-verse Harley disappointed me too. It was one of the reasons I feared Margot Robbie would be turned into a sex-doll, and I'm so glad that didn't happen.

The trailer is a huge disappointment for me, everything was just dull, no real concept or thought behind it, just a bunch of scenes scrambled together. A suicide squad trailer should have been an antithesis of DoJ trailer, a sort of Tarantino-esque cool edgy style to make it stand out for what it is.

I mean not a single interesting line is said in the trailer, everything is the most simple and basic writing, and for a bunch of bad guys we neither see or hear about any of their misdeeds.

"Time to save the world" How Many times has Will Smith said that in his career? I really hope that was a sarcastic snark.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post

"Time to save the world" How Many times has Will Smith said that in his career? I really hope that was a sarcastic snark.
    I thought it was crystal-clear that this line is sarcastic. That's the whole point - "They're bad guys".

Also, I disagree with everything you've said about the trailer, but hey, opinions, man...

Okay I can buy that you like the style and execution, but the writing? There isn't a single line that stood out.

Joker said the most generic psycho giberish...

Oh and I they did not show any "bad" stuff, you know what got these people there where they are.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast