Thread: Crossroads Saloon OOC Chat

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

Default Re: The Rebuilding Efforts of Summerhall

OOC: Summerhall is totally completed. Aerys made it into a huge summer palace and it was finished a long, long time before he died.

Default Re: Crossroads Saloon OOC Chat

For some Reason this is how I picture Daemon IV. I mean They do look similar. He has a cool sword.. He is a King after all. He is sitting on a throne.. a Bit not a frozen one.. But you never know it could be a frozen heartless throne people sit on.. Who agrees with me

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Azazel View Post
    Coming from someone that got to play two powerful houses... The Freys and the Lannisters ?. I mean i know you just swapped... But still you got to play two very powerful houses and nobody complained hell the Lannisters are a Lp and you got to swap into them after playing the Freys like they were LPs lol. I cant do much as a Minor Lord house though. The Westerlings do not have enough resources to become powerful since I picked them from the Charisma and Apparently its not worth doing it for that. I mean maybe I am wrong.. and there are many things to do as a Minor Lord.. Maybe i am just missing it.

I am not attacking you by the way. Others have done that too.. It gets confusing when people swap randomly and now someone else is playing your LP when before it was another guy. Just saying someone told me earlier there is no point playing a Minor Lord because they cant do much.. Am I wrong about that ?
    You think the freys start powerful? Really? And swapping houses or taking a house over i much different than droppi g them. Houses become more powerful the longer you play them.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Skylord_Conor21 View Post
    BF, Milk of the Poppy is a substance called Laudanum. It's a mix of alcohol and opiates, and it's a painkiller. It was used by Napoleonic era surgeons.
    Right, my point still stands however, I wasn't really incorrect.

Milk of the Poppy in ASOIAF is certainly more "lethal" than a tincture of opium though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    You think the freys start powerful? Really? And swapping houses or taking a house over i much different than droppi g them. Houses become more powerful the longer you play them.
    Yeah but they are a High Lordship.. They are not a minor LordShip like House Westerlings are. You cant do much as a Minor LordShip as much as you can if you play a High Lordship. That is what I was trying to get at. Freys are a high Lordship.. They are not a minor Lordship like the Westerlings.Which as a minor Lordship cant do much.. Its not like they have the miltary to take out there Liege Lord and become a high Lord by force. unless I am wrong about that.. I dont see what much you can do as a Minor Lord under a high Lord

Would you still have played the Freys if they were a Minor Lord and not a high lord ?

Yes because i like the freys. I can build anything up into something strong. Anyone can over time but nobody has the patience. Peoppe just want to swap over amd take a gamble on early military actions to get bonuses. Its why we see all these stupid merc characters getting signed up as uber generals and immediately trying to raid or something. It's stupid. Tgis is aan rpg not a game of risk. The king is virtually giving away powerful spots in KL. Any minor lord could fill them. Instamt power. People who say they cant do anything just lack creativity

Azazel, your post about changing houses certaintly "triggered" Ponti, but he wasn't really necessarily pointing at you. You've just started, to be fair, and you've little idea what works best.

What's relevant and what Ponti really wants to say is: Sure, change houses if you really want , but make sure that once you pick a house, stick with it.
    Here's what you should do. Wait a couple days. Maybe a week. Try to continue RPing the Westerlings. I'm sure Ponti's created interesting things to do in the Westerlands. You also have Perry as the Reynes as a direct liege. If after a few days or a week you're still thinking about switching out, then fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylord_Conor21 View Post
    OOC: Summerhall is totally completed. Aerys made it into a huge summer palace and it was finished a long, long time before he died.
    Since when

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

I plan to give Darklyns and Hightowers a post. Still leaves me two other posts.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

I'm not trying to criticize new players at all. More just offering advice for what makes the game more fun in my opinion

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Yeah I never saw you reply it's finished appearance. Your last post was adding some features but that's it.

That post was made on June 6. Your character has been dead for two weeks. So for two weeks up to the death of Aerys, it was left unfinished from the looks of your posts.

Last edited by Lucius Malfoy; July 02, 2016 at 04:04 PM.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    I plan to give Darklyns and Hightowers a post. Still leaves me two other posts.

Prehaps Westerlings should have a chance as Masters of Whispers. That or Rowan... But I am looking at maybe Westerlings since that would help them a lot.

hmm I should probly Rp as the westerlings more

I mean Rowan would love to be Master of Whispers.. But if anything maybe House Westerling should have a shot at it

Quote Originally Posted by Bastard Feudalism View Post
    Azazel, your post about changing houses certaintly "triggered" Ponti, but he wasn't really necessarily pointing at you. You've just started, to be fair, and you've little idea what works best.

What's relevant and what Ponti really wants to say is: Sure, change houses if you really want , but make sure that once you pick a house, stick with it.
    Here's what you should do. Wait a couple days. Maybe a week. Try to continue RPing the Westerlings. I'm sure Ponti's created interesting things to do in the Westerlands. You also have Perry as the Reynes as a direct liege. If after a few days or a week you're still thinking about switching out, then fine.
    Was Not meant to trigger him though.. I did say I was not attacking him lol.

Yeah I will give it a few more days.. Maybe RP them more and see what I can do with them. Maybe interact with the Liege Lord Perry . Although would be nice if people visited me more at my home threads lol.

Unless you're an LP, don't expect visits to your home thread.

You're a minor lord, you have to seek out RP. Not provide it.

The Freys rarely get visitors at all. Gotta get out there and make the magic happen

Quote Originally Posted by Bastard Feudalism View Post
    Unless you're an LP, don't expect visits to your home thread.

You're a minor lord, you have to seek out RP. Not provide it.
    That does not explain why nobody Visits Rowan.. They are High Lords after all.

Eh i should seek out Rp more.. But I think the Raven Rules have me thinking that I can go instantly visiting threads because It should have taken me weeks to get to most of those places lol

If you don't engage withthe story lines playing out in the different regions you will get left out. A sure fire way to emd up with nothi g to do is by not interacting with other characters. Look at pinkerton. Within a day he is getting involved at a high level with the Pipers

Who wants to mod the Stepstones stuff for Ficenzi and I? Not trying to conquer anything. Just either converting pirates to sellsails or attacking pirates under Martell orders (not known publicly).
    Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

If I cannot find a way I will make one.

Hannibal Barca

@Azazel
    Just go to Lannister and be like

What up man, what's going on, what can I do

And boom, involved

Pretty much