Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Submod 2nd Release] 0.53 Unit Revamp (link on page 3)

Default [Submod 2nd Release] 0.53 Unit Revamp (link on page 3)

Quote Originally Posted by turkay98 View Post
    So i was surfing moddb, and if there is any eager person to do a mod with new units ingame you could try this. ( http://www.moddb.com/mods/western-un...s-lo-vult-m2tw )

But please if you want to use it, give credits and first of all ask the main person who did these units. (it's not me btw)
    The aim of this submod is to update the unit rosters using the models from the DLV Western Units Overhaul, as these provide a great base for high medieval troops. All factions except Dorne will be covered, but the level of detail (different houses) depends on figuring out some model stuff. The tunics and shields now match so the professional troops look like they belong to a specific house.

Any suggestions and/or help is obviously appreciated.

2nd release is now linked to on page 3. Ignore the old one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails knights1.jpg   knights2.jpg   knights3.png   knights4.jpg   lannister.jpg  

stark.jpg   tully.jpg   tyrell.jpg   newunits.jpg   newunits2.jpg  

Last edited by VltimaRatio; July 25, 2015 at 08:44 AM. Reason: new release
    Winter is Coming

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Default Re: Idea for a next sub-mod based on ASOIAF

this is westeros related how?

I think I get the idea, overhauling WTW units using these resources (IIRC the author said they could be used if credited). I might try to do that actually, I've been thinking of getting back into modding this game and those units would make a good base for Westeros units.
    Winter is Coming

Quote Originally Posted by VltimaRatio View Post
    I think I get the idea, overhauling WTW units using these resources (IIRC the author said they could be used if credited). I might try to do that actually, I've been thinking of getting back into modding this game and those units would make a good base for Westeros units.
    Someone give that guy a cookie he got it +rep

it really does look Stark-ish

Those units look nice! Would be cool to see them with a Westeros themed re-skin!

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

My only gripe would be if those skins will be able to encompass all of the factions in the game... House Tyrell and House Baratheon would have the same skins and armor but the only thing would be if the shields are different because of all the other houses.
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some.

I think that's OK for the regular troops, they'd probably look pretty similar anyways, for the knights and elite units I think I saw a thread on how to match shields to the soldier model, or at least use the different variant models in each mesh to make them stand out more. No reason this should be a problem more than with the vanilla units.
    Winter is Coming

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Default Re: [Submod in Development] 0.53 Unit Revamp

oh well there is no doubt that they do look stunning I'm really excited to see this implemented. If you don't mind me asking, hows progress going so far for all the units for the Houses?

Well I only just started, but I'm trying to do the heraldry more from scratch instead of just using westeros.org or HBO stuff. Even that shouldn't be too bad, the tedious part will be editing the modeldb file to put the new models into the game.
    Winter is Coming

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

hmm I see. I also want to ask if the specific houses' generals will have different and unique skins? and not just different tabards but actual unique armors?

Eventually, probably, but the focus for now is on replacing vanilla troops with the new models and so on
    Winter is Coming

Default Re: [Submod in Development] 0.53 Unit Revamp (new screens thursday)

When do you think you will be finish with it ? Btw it looks awesome!!!

I think it's best to release this in parts, and the first one (adding serjeant spearmen and men-at-arms swordsmen to all factions, + campaigns) will probably be up tomorrow. Then I'll probably add knights and other units as they're done. The ones not using shields (ranged units and so on) will be quick, there's no need to match body parts or anything.

As of now the units are mixed based on house, I'm considering separating units by house and making them recruitable in specific regions. But that would take more time and I'm unsure how many unit slots remain in the EDU.

Also, I don't know how to approach knights, texture wise. I could just give them the sigils of major houses but I get the feeling men-at-arms would be using the sigil of their lord while knights would have personal arms.
    Winter is Coming

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

sounds good then either way I'm sure everyone playing this unit skin mod will be thankful to see actual high medieval soldiers from DLV than the slightly colored vanilla models.

You know SSHIP made a good roster for the almoravids using Broken Crescent and Gemini sandy units, maybe you can do the same for Martel:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13920102

Quote Originally Posted by Joseon194 View Post
    sounds good then either way I'm sure everyone playing this unit skin mod will be thankful to see actual high medieval soldiers from DLV than the slightly colored vanilla models.
    Yeah, the submod may be more obsolete with 1.0 but for now it's a nice change.

I couldn't get the file to upload, in the downloads section or as an attachment. I'll have to try something else, maybe a hosting site.

b257

Not sure if their models are available as a resource the same way the DLV ones are though.
    Winter is Coming

redsquirrel141's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: [Submod 1st Release] 0.53 Unit Revamp

really good man especially love them for the starks

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by b257 View Post
    You know SSHIP made a good roster for the almoravids using Broken Crescent and Gemini sandy units, maybe you can do the same for Martel:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13920102
    I hope you plan on using these resources to create house martell. The units from the pack look absolutely appropriate for portraying the Dornishmen.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [Submod 1st Release] 0.53 Unit Revamp

will this work with all submods based on 0.53 or just vanilla?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast