Thread: M2tw Eax

Default M2tw Eax

Ok, after fiddling around for hours/days, constant reinstallation (and cleaning) of drivers, and triple checking EAX actually works for me in RTW, I am at my wits end.

I cannot get any of the EAX options to work in M2TW with my Creative Audigy 2 Zs sound card. I have the latest creative drivers, I even tried some drivers that were (apparently) EAX drivers for the card....nothing works.

This is frustrating as I have 5.1 speakers sitting there looking at me with little puppy dog eyes wondering why they aren't being used.

If anyone has any ideas, helpful thoughts, etc, apart from the "Just buy a new soundcard" one (Which isn't a help as I'm buying a a new computer (well building) in a couple of months anyway...and I don't like swapping hardware from one computer to another...just adds to the risk that I'll stuff it up), err, I'd be grateful.

I really don't get why EAX 3 works in RTW but EAX won't work at all for me in M2TW. :hmmm:

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: M2tw Eax

I have the same card and same type of speakers, EAX works for me in RTW, I've not tried it in the new game. I'll try next time I play and report back :-)

Pent uP Rage's Avatar Tech *********

Do you have it enabled on the card as well as in the game????

under the patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, son of the Black Prince
    Before you post, see if your question has already been answered
    here

SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor

I think I have the Creative Soundblaster Audigy SE (the $30.00 card, whichever) and EAX 3 works in both RTW and M2TW. I'd open up the various Creative control panels and sniff through the options.

2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night

Turbo's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Aristocrat
    Ok, after fiddling around for hours/days, constant reinstallation (and cleaning) of drivers, and triple checking EAX actually works for me in RTW, I am at my wits end.

I cannot get any of the EAX options to work in M2TW with my Creative Audigy 2 Zs sound card. I have the latest creative drivers, I even tried some drivers that were (apparently) EAX drivers for the card....nothing works.

This is frustrating as I have 5.1 speakers sitting there looking at me with little puppy dog eyes wondering why they aren't being used.

If anyone has any ideas, helpful thoughts, etc, apart from the "Just buy a new soundcard" one (Which isn't a help as I'm buying a a new computer (well building) in a couple of months anyway...and I don't like swapping hardware from one computer to another...just adds to the risk that I'll stuff it up), err, I'd be grateful.

I really don't get why EAX 3 works in RTW but EAX won't work at all for me in M2TW. :hmmm:
    Do you have EAX console running? If you installed the drivers and no software then no EAX in MT2
    Work of God

Bah, I've tried everything and it won't work.
    The only thing I haven't tried is a complete format of the system, I'm baffled.
    If I reinstore windows and it doesn't work I believe I shall kick someone in the balls....if only to relieve my frustration.

Edit: Well a complete reinstallation of windows (as expected) did the trick....now to download all my anto virus again.
    Last edited by Aristocrat; November 18, 2006 at 06:56 AM.

I have Creatives XiFi and the latest drivers playing MTW2 in EAX4, please excuse my ignorance of what you have tried, but have you gone into Audio Console(think that's the one, my gaming PC is at home) and adusted everything? I think you have to tick a box or something to enable EAX(an educated guess, because I can't quite remember how I set mine up)
    Do you have all speakers working but just no EAX?

I'd fiddled with everything, ticked every box there was and so on.
    In the end though, it is my guess a registry entry somewhere was out of whack or driver cleaner wasn't doing the job well enough, a clean install of windows with the original drivers and applications that came with the sound card solved the issue....

Now all I have to do is risk updating the drivers again....which I will let the creative auto update tool instead of using driver cleaner (which is what I did when I updated when Oblivion came out).