Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 10 years at TWC

Default Re: 10 years at TWC

I remember those day...
    "Through the destruction of our enemies do we earn our salvation!"

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus

Aww, shame it doesn't have everything accessible. I'm on a mood to read it all.

PikeStance's Avatar ⚜️ Omnipresent ⚜️
    Blog Entries

If you any of you "old" guys can lend a hand with this....
    Genealogy of TWC Project

I will greatly appreciated it.

Thanks
    MODDERS WANTED | MY PATRONAGES
    Imperial Splendour is looking for Modders and Researchers. SEE AD HERE
    If interested, contact PikeStance(Mod Leader/Manager) or Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (Mod leader /Lead Artist)

Under the Patronage of Omnipotent- Q | Member of the House of Wild Bill Kelso
    Patron of
    _Tataros_
    | Magister Militum Flavius Aetius | Alwyn | Lord Oda Nobunaga | Massive_attack |
    Proposed the Following for PHALERA: Mangalore & sumskilz | OPIFEX: wangrin, z3n, and Swiss Halberdier

Honourable Society of Silly Old Duffers | House of Noble Discourse

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

So those 10 years kinda turned into 12 by now
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

The Noble Lord's Avatar Holy Arab Nation

Well, I just turned 10 years on TWC recently! It's a great feeling, and I also feel huge nostalgia for my best years here which were 2008-2009 when it was a glorious time to
    be on TWC. It still great to be here, it's just I wish there was more of older members here and there was more energy and enthusiasm like it was back then. Anyhow I am most
    sincerely and genuinely looking to stay here at least next 50 years!

And is there some kind of award that you for your 10 year tenure?
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!
    Under the proud patronage of the magnificent Tzar

Gigantus's Avatar The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Modding Emeritus

Blog Entries

You get an acknowledging badge if you fulfill these conditions: "Awarded to those who have been on TWC for 10 years, have accumulated 10,000 posts, and have posted after completing both of the former."

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    You get an acknowledging badge if you fulfill these conditions: "Awarded to those who have been on TWC for 10 years, have accumulated 10,000 posts, and have posted after completing both of the former."
    Lol I've told yall of my qualifications of the medal for 3 weeks and yet nothing. lol. Especially since sad since as Gigantus should be one who isn't a noob who doesn't recognize someone like me as a total idiot. In fact, I think I was a Senior Mod in the days he was a mere acolyte.

Noble Lord: you'll be eligible as soon as hex climbs down its high horse, it may be months.

Hex is basically a body that lords whatever authority it has above members, the website is otherwise dying, nothing anyone says can fix this, and we all must bow and scrape to perform homage to the powers that be. As for myself, I'm preparing for TWC's inevitable death in other ways.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; December 20, 2017 at 11:08 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Lol I've told yall of my qualifications of the medal for 3 weeks and yet nothing. lol. Especially since sad since as Gigantus should be one who isn't a noob who doesn't recognize someone like me as a total idiot. In fact, I think I was a Senior Mod in the days he was a mere acolyte.
    I hadn't logged on for nearly 4 weeks until a few days back (longest ever since becoming a member), else I would have picked it up, I would think. There is no post of yours in this thread pertaining to your qualification - could you let me know where you posted that notice to avoid similar cases of 'overlooking'?
    In the meantime let me correct that short coming and put it on top of my list of things to catch up with.

Elitist chat thread and PMs to three current hex. Didnt realize there would be any greater mandatory action necessary on my behalf to get a simple medal awarded. I'd have had it resolved in minutes. Alas how things have changed from 2011. Daddy is angry, Gigantus. Perhaps I should share with TWC our hangups with allowing you into staff in the first place? Anime fox drawing, etc?
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; December 20, 2017 at 11:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Rather revel in your new badge

8 minutes fine?

Edit: that's why I am still in staff, I guess.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 20, 2017 at 11:43 PM.

Like a new power ranger, I feel my powers inexplicably increasing! I think I'll go run three miles to celebrate.

Blog Entries

It should be noted that The Noble Lord, who has indeed been a member for 10+ years have less than the 10,000 posts required for the award. As soon as he makes up the 2,600+ plus posted, he will then have met all of the requirements for the award.
    If interested, contact PikeStance(Mod Leader/Manager) or Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (Mod leader /Lead Artist)

Patron of
    _Tataros_
    | Magister Militum Flavius Aetius | Alwyn | Lord Oda Nobunaga | Massive_attack |
    Proposed the Following for PHALERA: Mangalore & sumskilz | OPIFEX: wangrin, z3n, and Swiss Halberdier

Blog Entries

I believe that's what my response to him states.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Ok, I got it now. I have to get 10,000+ posts and I am eligible for a Milestone Award. Thank you for the prompt response my friend.
    And I'll most definitely continue posting, it's just that I've been very busy in the last few years. Otherwise I am here every night.

One thing: when I joined in I was a single guy who was going out and playing TW and doing TWC every night. Now, I have 3 children
    and I am in Kabul, Afghanistan and I am still happy to be a frequent poster here.

the website is otherwise dying, nothing anyone says can fix this,
    Are you been sarcastic or you are telling the truth, is there some problem with the TWC?

It should be noted that The Noble Lord, who has indeed been a member for 10+ years have less than the 10,000 posts required for the award. As soon as he makes up the 2,600+ plus posted, he will then have met all of the requirements for the award.
    Thank you my friend, I got it now. i just have to get back into it like in the old days. I used to make 100+ posts per night back in 2008-2009 and it was beautiful.
    It is pain in the neck now that sometimes when I wanna log in the Internet here is extremely slow or it goes down, my area of Kabul.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Noble Lord View Post
    And I'll most definitely continue posting, it's just that I've been very busy in the last few years. Otherwise, I am here every night.
    I am little jealous I missed out on the good times here. I totally could have been here; I owned both Shogun and medieval at the time.

One thing: when I joined in I was a single guy who was going out and playing TW and doing TWC every night. Now, I have 3 children
    and I am in Kabul, Afghanistan and I am still happy to be a frequent poster here.

Are you been sarcastic or you are telling the truth, is there some problem with the TWC?
    He is not actually joking. Here are some statistics I collected. I am currently looking at other areas of the forum. I have made it back to 2010 in the Political Mudpit
    2012: 986
    2013: 513
    2014: 441
    2015: 329
    2016: 257
    2017: 172
    it is time for every man to grab an oar!

Thank you my friend, I got it now. i just have to get back into it like in the old days. I used to make 100+ posts per night back in 2008-2009 and it was beautiful.
    It is pain in the neck now that sometimes when I wanna log in the Internet here is extremely slow or it goes down, my area of Kabul.
    I worked with a guy who worked at a school in the Gaza Strip when all heck broke loose. Taught their classes in an apartment building before being evacuated. My mind runs wild what it would be like in Kabul.
    The closest I came to that is Coe-d'Ivoire. We had frequent power outages and the Villa next to the school was attack and there were bullet holes in the gate of the school.

Patron of
    _Tataros_

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

12 years and a half by now at TWC
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    I am little jealous I missed out on the good times here. I totally could have been here; I owned both Shogun and medieval at the time.
    You are still doing extremely well my friend, joining in 2011 is not too late. The reason I joined in in 2007 was M2TW and mods for it that were available here. Every time I would go on Internet and search about M2TW and all the aspects of the game, TWC was THE most informative and most helpful site on the entire Internet. Then I discovered that they had politics/history/political academy threads and I was in, that was that for me!

He is not actually joking. Here are some statistics I collected. I am currently looking at other areas of the forum. I have made it back to 2010 in the Political Mudpit
    2012: 986
    2013: 513
    2014: 441
    2015: 329
    2016: 257
    2017: 172
    it is time for every man to grab an oar!
    I've just gone through the stats and it does not look good, you are right. We have something like half a million members, but only five thousand active ones. We have to do something to
    re-energize the TWC and either bring old members back or bring in the new ones who'll stay active for years!

In my opinion decline started in 2010 when reputation was taken from us, it was reduced actually. Huge number of people were offended by it and they left.
    Plus in early 2013 I believe the site layout was changed, and member's profiles lost on it's potency. You couldn't pump up your profile page any more. and social groups
    became useless. I reacted vigorously at that time (there is a thread about it) and I protested but there was no change, and I actually said that people will leave.

You see, before the TWC was better than Facebook and all the other social networking sites, you could build your character/persona here and constantly promote it.
    But after the change of the layout, you couldn't do that any more, you can't even have albums on your profile any more. Profiles became distant and faceless, and social groups
    became useless and nobody saw point for them any more.

If we can reverse some of these things my friend, perhaps we can re-energize the forum and have the same excitement, vigor and energy that we once had!

I worked with a guy who worked at a school in the Gaza Strip when all heck broke loose. Taught their classes in an apartment building before being evacuated. My mind runs wild what it would be like in Kabul.
    In Gaza, yeah it is tough there and the situation is becoming desperate for the Palestinian people. Kabul is safe when you know Kabul, you stay away from the military installations and
    ISAF bases and it's alright. To be honest, the biggest problems in Kabul are traffic which is constant gridlocks and you get late everywhere, pollution, electricity on and off and problems with
    water!

It may sound crazy, but security is the least of problems here in Kabul. And city is heavily overpopulated which creates lot's of other problems. When Russians were building and
    designing modern Kabul back in the 1950s and 1960s and especially in the 1980s, the city was designed to function perfectly for a population of 1,2 or 1,3 million people.
    But since 2002 and the fall of the Taliban so many people came to Kabul that it is now city with almost 7 million people and growing!!...

Ridiculous, something has to be done in that regard because overpopulation is more dangerous than the Taliban.

The closest I came to that is Coe-d'Ivoire. We had frequent power outages and the Villa next to the school was attack and there were bullet holes in the gate of the school.
    Wow, what was that like? I've never been to the continent of Africa. How long were you there?
    [IMG][/IMG]
    أسد العراق Asad al-Iraq
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA!!!

Frunk's Avatar The Duke Will Return...
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

In my opinion decline started in 2010 when reputation was taken from us, it was reduced actually. Huge number of people were offended by it and they left.
    Plus in early 2013 I believe the site layout was changed, and member's profiles lost on it's potency. You couldn't pump up your profile page any more. and social groups
    became useless. I reacted vigorously at that time (there is a thread about it) and I protested but there was no change, and I actually said that people will leave.

You see, before the TWC was better than Facebook and all the other social networking sites, you could build your character/persona here and constantly promote it.
    But after the change of the layout, you couldn't do that any more, you can't even have albums on your profile any more. Profiles became distant and faceless, and social groups

If we can reverse some of these things my friend, perhaps we can re-energize the forum and have the same excitement, vigor and energy that we once had!
    Any layout changes are before my time, but I'm quite sure one can customise their profile and also create albums on their profile. I've personally done the latter. Perhaps it was changed back?

Also, thanks for sharing your experiences of Kabul. +rep
    FrunkSpace | Mod Announcements | Colonies & Empires

Under the patronage of Iskar of the House of Siblesz. I'm proud patron of:

atthias | PaulH | Athos187

Elfdude's Avatar The Blue Spirit
    Patrician Citizen Censor

Can we get a word count award instead of a post count award?

<hates spamming>
    "Pride is not the antidote of Shame but its source, humility is its only true antidote." - Iroh

"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    @ Elfdude, I don't give a for your condescending appraisal of my strategy. You haven't addresses a single point because I think you're unable to. I'm embarrassed for you honestly. Never has somebody so pathetically claimed the moral high ground. Piss poor debating, piss poor. I accept your surrender. Absolutely pathetic. Phalera my ass.
    When all else fails insult your opponents.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Noble Lord

Could you elaborate a bit more? Albums do still exists and you can customize the layout of your profile page. To the best of my knowledge Social Groups on TWC serve as base for discussion amid like minded members - it just isn't utilized much.
    Reputation still exists, too - what was different then? I got a vague memory that negative reputation was removed\disabled because of it's detrimental effect and misuse (Don't like someone? Give negative rep to each of his posts).
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 02, 2018 at 10:53 PM.