Thread: I'ld like to help moding DEI

Default I'ld like to help moding DEI

Hello I would like to participate to the creation of the mods in DEI,
    I have a lot of great ideas that I would to share with the community.
    I'm a begginer for modding, but I learn prettty fast, what's the steps for being modder, what have I to do?

Default Re: I'ld like to help moding DEI

I don't know the answers to your questions but I do know community members have made their own submods. Sometimes these get included into the main mod.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

It would be up to Dresden or m_1512 to decide (I think ). But my guess is that you need to show them that you have a certain set of skills that they need. Contact them, I think that will be the easiest way to get a quick answer.
    I have no idea if we need any new members on the team atm.

I think the best way is to get going and try to make submods first. I dunno how experient you are exactly with modding, but it's always a good idea to check other people's guides (like this one, it helped me A LOT) and start experimenting with submods till you are comfortable modding the game. Personally I also think it's best to keep them as submods because: 1) Your ideas may be great, but mod teams revolve around a central alignment of thought. If your idea goes against the main principles (or any principle really) that the team has, it's best that it is kept separated. That's why for instance there are a lot of official submods, they were all ideas the team had that didn't make the final "official" cut. Submods give more freedom to expand on your ideas, without having to focus on the team's philosophy. 2) Depending on the mod, you may even port it to Vanilla, so that a larger part of the community is benefited from your work. But that's just my line of thought, you my see things in a different way =) Anyway, good luck, whether you go into the team or not I look forward to see some of your mods here soon It's always good to have new members of the community be so proactive, specially in the modding scene =)

valky's Avatar Ducenarius

@luck_ponte I agree with nearly everything, but is it really that hard to hit once in a time "enter" while writing :Þ ?

Block-text is for a funny reading....
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite store on the Citadel!
    I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is now my favourite spot on the Citadel!

Better ingame Encyclopedia for Shogun 2 (reworked) - RotS - FotS (new map) + web-based version

Quote Originally Posted by valky View Post
    @luck_ponte I agree with nearly everything, but is it really that hard to hit once in a time "enter" while writing :Þ ?

Block-text is for a funny reading....
    Paragraphs halt the flow of my writing =p In reality it's just that when I start writing I never think it will get big to the point where I actually need to hit "enter", but I'll keep that in mind when posting