Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ACW 3.6 Beta Installer

Default ACW 3.6 Beta Installer

This is the standalone installer for ACW 3.6.2 . It includes all version in one installer. You will need to have a valid clean install of Empire Total War.

When the install is complete it contains both ACW Confederate and Union 3.6 campaigns with NO starting armies. When the launcher starts please select Zone of Recruitment.(or it will crash on startup)

Please feel free to leave any comments, concerns or questions.

This is just an installer, I do NOT claim any or all help with this mod. Please enjoy.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7P...ew?usp=sharing

Change log:

Default campaign startpos changed to a older, more stable version to reduce campaign crashes. (Something people could manually do themselves with the previous release anyway).

Projectile stats refined: damage and explosive values, aesthetics of projectile movement and fuse types.
    Smooth bore weapons modeled to fire 'buck and ball' so while inaccurate at long range are more lethal at shorter ranges.
    Similarly repeating rifles and sharpshooters become increasingly lethal at shorter ranges than before to represent an increased rate of fire as the target closes range.

ALL guns and firearms now fire accurately shaped and scaled projectiles to the weapon caliber, shot or bolt shapes. (Pause gameplay and have a look)

All artillery models reworked:
    - Gun carriages adjusted to improve carriage-barrel alignment. No. 1, 2 and 3 gun carriages represented.
    - All gun barrels accurately reworked and rescaled to correct shape, length and bore... That's right, all artillery models now have a properly scaled caliber.
    - new guns introduced: Model 1841 12lb gun, separate Confederate Napoleon model, new Confederate iron Napoleon (late war), union James Rifle (early war), 6lb horse artillery back.

- new mortar models.
    - smoothbore grape shot not in field use during ACW, replaced with a short range double canister.
    - Accurate gun models in forts.

Gun limber now period correct with brass lid.
    All guns use a more accurate 6 horse team.
    Gun movement speeds revised for mounted (horse drawn) and horse artillery. Mounted artillery can keep up with infantry movement speeds, or run on the battle map slightly faster to represent how crew would ride on the limber to travel around battlefields faster when needing to deploy quicker. Horse artillery retains fast walking pace as all crew would of been mounted on their own horses separate of the gun (not modable unfortunately).

Minor faction artillery revised, now have heavy 12lb gun.

Some unit models fixed to resolve lod anomalies.

Old style Union shell jackets given proper high collar (piped jackets on the Union cav and artillery).

New models for NY and OH vols have state jacket with light blue trim on collar and epaulets.

Maps: some reworked textures and grass of ACW maps.
    All ACW Maps all available for 1x1 player quick battles.
    Last edited by Railin12; December 19, 2015 at 01:15 AM. Reason: New Install File 3.6.2

Default Re: ACW 3.6 Beta Installer

Please, please, please ensure that Zone of Recruitment is checked, if not your game WILL crash.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACW 3.6 big.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	254.3 KB 
ID:	325660
    Last edited by Railin12; May 25, 2015 at 10:10 AM.

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Excellent effort, thank you Railin!

I cannot test the installer myself, but if some of you could try it out and check if all works as intended, I'd be happy to upload it to ModDB as ACW's official installer.

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

It works.

msckman101's Avatar Foederatus

Well well......somebody that actually completes a task. So glad you have done this installer. Is anyone still getting crashes with the campaign while using this auto installer? I will definitely have to give this a go.

Unfortunately still crashing whenever a campaign is started.

Please note what campaign and if possible post your crash log... Remember when you go to start the game in the Launcher make sure that under SubMods: Zone of Recruitment is checked. If you dont it will crash. I installed this on several machines and all worked.. Please ensure that you have a clean install as well.

Several weeks ago during testing I got to turn 55 in a Confederacy campaign and turn 57 in a Union campaign.. I still get battle crashes every once and while and I probably soon will get a Campaign crash.. To me it seems luck of the draw and unless built from the ground up would take hours of looking at code to locate if at all, the problem...
    Last edited by Railin12; May 25, 2015 at 02:55 AM.

It just says "Empire has Stopped working", on CS, and yes I have Zone of recruitment checked, I've installed many a mods in my day, and this isn't working. Even if it went to 50....something in a campaign, I need it to go all the way. I really want to do a series on it, and can't do it because of the instability.

Quote Originally Posted by Railin12 View Post
    Please note what campaign and if possible post your crash log... Remember when you go to start the game in the Launcher make sure that under SubMods: Zone of Recruitment is checked. If you dont it will crash. I installed this on several machines and all worked.. Please ensure that you have a clean install as well.

Several weeks ago during testing I got to turn 55 in a Confederacy campaign and turn 57 in a Union campaign.. I still get battle crashes every once and while and I probably soon will get a Campaign crash.. To me it seems luck of the draw and unless built from the ground up would take hours of looking at code to locate if at all, the problem...
    It just says "Empire has Stopped working", on CS, and yes I have Zone of recruitment checked, I've installed many a mods in my day, and this isn't working. Even if it went to 50....something in a campaign, I need it to go all the way. I really want to do a series on it, and can't do it because of the instability.

Quote Originally Posted by msckman101 View Post
    As for your install problems, I dont know what went wrong, I uploaded a new installer with some of the files moved around into their correct positions and I wont know until I see a crash report.

As for the campaign crash, thats not something I know how to fix. 3.4 and 3.5 are pretty stable if you want to move down a level. IMO they are still great campaigns just missing the unit variety which in most cases is cosmetic.

Aussie-tosser's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by msckman101 View Post
    Try deleting both your preferences and user script, that normally works for me

I just tried to download it that way, reinstal of etw and everything went perfect, but when I launched the game it said etw doen't work anymore.
    I know you Guy's told abouth it on the 3.6 release but I tried it and it doesnt work, this is the 5 time I tried to dawnload one of the versions, conclusion, none of these worked for me 8-/

post your crash log, you will find it in the main ACW folder

Ok, i will check it, thx m8

I dont find it, can someone pls tell me what to do?

Did you make sure Zone of Recruitment was checked?

Downloading now.

yes, i checked it and it was checked.

Hmm, guess I can't edit my posts yet. Anyways I downloaded and successfully installed 3.6 with the installer, checked ZoR and have started to enjoy my CS campaign. I do miss the campaign and battle music, but I read 3.6 came that way. Anyways good job team!

Quote Originally Posted by Allevander View Post
    Hmm, guess I can't edit my posts yet. Anyways I downloaded and successfully installed 3.6 with the installer, checked ZoR and have started to enjoy my CS campaign. I do miss the campaign and battle music, but I read 3.6 came that way. Anyways good job team!
    So the installer worked????

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast