Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Halberd Militia versus Pike Militia

ProudNerd's Avatar Decanus
    The front lines searching for glory and honor.

Default Re: Halberd Militia versus Pike Militia

Quote Originally Posted by Derfel von Saljeth View Post
    and for the wall defence? Pikes work good?
    no since they cant form a spearwall.use somekind of heavy infantry or spears to hold them there then move up another unit and attack them from both sides. Pikes in spearwall with guard mode on are great for holding a gate or bridge or other small space. pin them with the pikes them smash them with heavy cav from behind or shott them with missiles.
    Last edited by ProudNerd; November 19, 2006 at 11:33 AM.

Why would you want to overclock a celeron? It woudl only make it suck faster...
    A day without blood is like a day without sunshine.
    Member of S.I.N.

perfect, thx

Quote Originally Posted by GODzilla View Post
    You just have to use them correctly:

1.) Pikes vs. infamtry: Activate the "spearwall" but deactivate the "guard" mode.

2.) Pikes vs. cavalry: Activate both the "spearwall" and the "guard" mode.

3.) Helberd vs. infantry: Activate "spearwall", deactivate "guard" mode (it is enabled by default, so switch it off!).
    Thanks for the tips I've been using guard mode up till now.

I wondered why they just sat there and actually let enemy soldiers run inbetween the pikes, and then just turned to their swords and got slaughtered. Hopefully now they will have the sense to use a forwards jabbing motion of some kind when the enemy comes in range.

combine them both place haliberds first and then behind the haliberd first rank place the pikes haliberd will keep the enemy at bay and stay in formation while the pikes prevent the enemy to get within sword range while stabbing the enemy in the guts,

haliberds have superior reach thatn swords only weakness to this is flanking and missles, you can kill noble swordsmen and noble pikmen and you lose about 12 men the enemy is viped out.

at least when you combine voulgier and swiss pikes D should take longer time with militias but the result should be the same.

Do pikemen actually lower their pikes to attack, or does it mean if they are standing still with the pikes pointing straight upwards that they are attacking with pikes? I find that turning spearwall off then on again makes them remember their pikes, but is it just a defensive mode?

Every time I use halbers or pike militia (no matter how and against cavalry or infantry) they let the enemy to infiltrate their ranks and then they start hitting them with their pikes/halberds like they are holding sticks and get slaughtered. What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrius Bekius View Post
    Every time I use halbers or pike militia (no matter how and against cavalry or infantry) they let the enemy to infiltrate their ranks and then they start hitting them with their pikes/halberds like they are holding sticks and get slaughtered. What am I doing wrong?
    Read this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Employ-Pikemen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12