Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bug Reports

Default Re: Bug Reports

That one's not actually a bug, but what I had to do to make that effect work properly. There is a squalor penalty, but it's only more than 0 when your city gets damaged. If your city is damaged or ruined, you'll have a squalor penalty there.

Tvrtko's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    That one's not actually a bug, but what I had to do to make that effect work properly. There is a squalor penalty, but it's only more than 0 when your city gets damaged. If your city is damaged or ruined, you'll have a squalor penalty there.
    Ah, ok didn't realise that because it seemed unusual for it to be there.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Hi Augustusng,
    I have two hints at the names of the settlements in your mod, might be helpful for the future work:
    - Iuvavum (today Salzburg) - at the turn of 4th and 5th century was probably deep in decay, at that time much more important city was Lauriacum (today Enns). See here (if you bother to get it): https://verlag.oeaw.ac.at/Der-roemische-Limes-in-Oesterreich1
    - Segobriga (in Spain) was already abandoned in 4th century (Wikipedia), you can probably find an alternative to this name.
    cheers
    JoC
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Thanks, I'll check those out. I'm traveling now, so won't have time to look into it for another week or two.

There is a major game breaking bug. The CAI for various factions will act stupidly for some faction in the game by disbanding armies or not rebuilding and resurrecting dead navies and armies. It is completely random. Playing the game with fow enabled or just looking at save parser files shows factions that have tons of income but no armies mid game. It is beyond game breaking.

There needs to make a force value for all AI factions to take absolute priority on making the current armies = total allowed armies and navies for imperium level. Then force the ai to build full stacks or have at least 60-70% of their total max force. I noticed on my play through that WRE for example had all their stacks destroyed and now they just have 1 navy with 4 vessels for the past 30 turns. they are not doing anything. Another playthourgh ERE didn't do anything and disbanded some armies. Also i have seen factions disbanding buildings to tier 1 even if they are the same culture group. Another modder on Steam MINOS noticed the same issue but he moved on to Warhammer. Please modders, for the community's sake, save this game from this game breaking bug.

I haven't touched the campaign AI, and to be honest, there's only a limited amount modders can even change in that regard. Not all AI behavior in the game is moddable. I can try to look into it, but I can't promise anything, and not soon. Try checking out some of the mods that specifically alter CAI behaviors. Some of those might be compatible with EP, depending on what they change.

Hello there, great work with this mod ! Great to see the WRE last longer than vanilla !

Playing with FOTE and EP (last versions on Steam), i didn't have to pay any colonization costs with the Burgundians (and the Venedians too). Whether I colonized with a single general or a 15-unit army didn't change anything. Is it intended ? Isn't the New Kingdoms trait supposed to grant a 50% reduction only ?

I tried with only FOTE and had to pay the colonization costs.

Thank you !

Hm, I'll check it out. Shouldn't be free, just reduced.

hey every time i try to launch the game with this mod activated the game immediately crashes, not sure what the problem is, even when this is the only mod activated.

Try verifying the integrity of your game cache in Steam.

i did... there was no problem but it keeps crushing

Well, I can't really help you here. The mod isn't crashing for anyone else. I can just advise you to make sure you don't have any lingering mods in your data folder that might be causing a conflict, or even to reinstall the game if you have to. Not sure what else could be causing an issue.

I have negative food as every faction when I start a campaign. Is this normal, or is it because there has been an update by CA?

You probably have a conflicting mod. There hasn't been an update by CA in quite a while.

deleted.
    Last edited by k966; April 07, 2018 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Found out it's a feature, not a bug. No more Viking raiding for me :(

Howdy! Loving this mod and can't believe I only found it now. However, I am experiencing a pretty permanent freeze at turn 50 during the Western Roman Defectors turn. They seem to be a civil war faction of the Western Empire, using the sword emblem as their flag. Any recommendations on how to remedy this?

Only using your mod and FoTE. I really dig this mod and don't want to call it quits so soon.

Hi, I assume you're the same person who reported this on Steam and that you've solved this already, right?

in two topics laid out the imbalance of shooters
    The mod is beautiful, but the balanas is combat ...... !!!!!.
    fall_of_the_eagles + Europaperdita

settings complexity - very difficult.
    shooters mow units in gold, one squad of shooters mowed down 433 people in gold.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234