Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Rules (SABMOD)

Default New Rules (SABMOD)

Sabmod for Rule Britannia 1.7

New Rules v.1.0

This sabmod global rebalancing units and city/fortress defence, for more realistic gameplay.

After playing original Rule Britannia I actually did't like, only one moment, namely as implemented characteristics of units (stats): morality, the performance characteristics of weapons and armor, the cost of hiring/content.
    So the moral is painfully small in almost all units, I do not like battles to the last man stands, but sometimes when the knights run forward of the peasants, it's upsetting. Also as is traditional when the soldiers with identical armor and weapons have different armor and one weapon stats. And else I didn't like the fact that the price tags on recruitment and the maintenance of the troops are very small and cause no problems churning out full stacks of elite knights. This and something else on the little things made me want to apply my energy and imagination to EDU...

List of changes:

1. A complete rebalance of characteristics of units in game, as well as the change in the cost of recruitment and the maintenance.
    IMPORTANT! The rebalance was subjected ONLY a fraction of the main campaign mod (English, Wales, Barons, Danes, Ireland, Norwegian, Scots, French).

-Introduced delay between attacks, considering the weight of weapons and skills from the unit, changed the speed of the attack.
    -Changed the weighting parameters of infantry and cavalry, this greatly affects on charge and acceleration.
    -Changed speed and fit of light units (faster).
    -Some units added specific skills and abilities.
    -Globally reworked morale and discipline, it is now specific gradation on mobilization, professional and elite troops on the type of training, not just that one attack and defense more.
    -Globally redesigned the cost of maintenance and to recruitment troops, you need to carefully monitor your economy during the war. The timing for recruitment troops also revised.

Detailed
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Change of stats gave a longer fight, with great importance began to play psychological stability, so the army made even some of the militia is not very easy to break by a blow to the font, but with flanking maneuvers, they quickly lose their resistance and run, the presence in the ranks of the professional military forces greatly complicates the army, because these units have a high resistance and covering the regrouping of retreating troops.

Secondly troops in the game are divided into 3 levels:
    1. The militia - cheapest in content and in recruiting, but mostly have bad combat characteristics and low resistance on the battlefield. Although this rule is not true for all factions, more on that below.
    2. The regular army - is average in cost and performance troops, the backbone of the army.
    3. Professional (elite) troops - mostly knights, have a very significant military capabilities and a high resistance on the battlefield, but their hiring and content noticeably hits the pocket.

I approached creatively to the formation of these levels for each faction, and turned out about the following:
    The British and the Barons have a fairly mediocre militia, but a good regular and elite troops. While the recruitment and maintenance of the militia and regular troops are not particularly costly, but the knights are very costly.

Scotland and Ireland have a lot of cheap mobilized population, which has a slightly better combat training, and a much better motivation. These factions are good elite units, but some fall out of the regular troops, i.e. gradation there is quite a blurred, because the militia is able not bad to fight. For the money, hire and support the main part of the army is not particularly expensive, except the most elite troops. This is done due to the fact that this factions engaged in a national liberation war against the usurpers of the British, and they peoples is motivated to protect the homeland and without a big payday.

Wales turned out to middle, at the half, so they have quite a lot of middling strong, i.e. regular troops. For the money the army turns out more expensive in maintenance than Scotland and Ireland.

But for Norway and Denmark almost all NATIONAL troops are professional, well-trained and high morals, but hiring them takes more time and is quite expensive, because in fact they have to be transported to England from Scandinavia, however, the content of these units does not cost a lot of money, because of the war sailing to England for profit, simulated what they themselves salaries are mined, they need only to feed. But the local militia recruited as usual.

Separately I want say about mercenaries, unlike the original MOD I added significantly increased the cost of maintenance, which is now conventionally 2/3 of recruitment or more, it does not extremely favorable for a protracted period of mercenaries in the army. In this case, as the mercenaries lowered morale in comparison with the same army units, and some staff numbers a little lower. So you easily can recruit them, but harder to maintenance, and in any case this units can't be base of army, because they not reliable on battlefield.

Also I want to mention about artillery, I lifted it stats in range and knockdown, but SIGNIFICANTLY changed the cost and time of recruiting, so the construction of trebuchet or culevrina may take about a year (4-6 turns), that is realistic, and requires from player good planning.

2. Changing the speed of movement of units on the ground in the direction of its reduction.

Reduced the movement speed of units by changing ground characteristics, it is not only an aesthetic moment, as it specifically affects the combat system, now units moving slowly and they longer be in the sector of fire of enemy, also the enemy unit has more time to response (turn/shot/counterattack).

3. Strengthen the walls of castles and settlements, as well as their defensive weapons.

Walls are reinforced, the range and power of defensive towers weapons increased, also increased the ability of their incendiary ammunition.
    The sieges became more important, the loss has increased, now to the sieges should prepare better and not to go without serious artillery on fortifications. I made a small assumption, power attack arrows from towers installed as 12, is significantly higher than normal archers, but towers have the small number of shooting ports, so I decided not to reduce this value, and now towers are really dangerous for the troops. For tower cannons and ballista greatly increased range, now they can do counter-battery fire. However, there is a gradation, so about a tower ballista don't get trebuchet and cannon tower will not reach culevrina or Basilisk. The storms now should be hardest and bloody for storming side.

In rebalancing process I founded few bugs, some of it I repair, some I can't (not critical), here most important:

4. Bugfix for Wales.

Added bugfix as method of comrade Merio from HERE.

5. Bugfix for Denmark.

Danes units Swordstaff militia and Obudshaer has't textures, I corrected it.

Version changes history

New Rules v.1.1
    Changes log:
    -Included "Scotish fix"
    -Reworked units statistics
    -Reworked costs of units recruting and maintenance
    -Add new recruting system (need smiths and ports for recruting)*
    -Add officers
    -Bug fixes
    -Reworked king's purse (less mony for big fractions, more for scandinavians)
    -Reworked settelment robbery (more money)
    -Increased chance of bribery (especial for settlements in which there are civil unrest)
    -and many other small things.

* New recruiting system.
    For recruting some units you need 2 buildings, barracks and smiths/ports.

-For england fractions (england, baron alliance, welsh, scotland, ireland)
    If unit have mail, heavy mail or plate armor, you need build barracks for training
    and smiths for equipment (level of smiths matches to armor type), than higher smiths level,
    then higher speed of replenishment to recruit new unit.
    With the exception of noble, merchant and mercenary units, they can equipt by it self.

-For scandinavian fractions (denmark, norway)
    For recruting local militia HEAVY units (armor plate) you need smiths like english fractions.
    For recruting light and medium national scandinavian units and light militia units you
    need build only barracks, all equipment supply by sea from scandinavia.
    For recruiting heavy armored troops and cavalry you need build port and shipwright(higher speed
    of replenishment to recruit new unit).

When you build Royal armory barracks you don't need smiths for eqipment troops, which recruiting
    in this building.

New Rules v.1.2

Changes log:

-Introduced a Really Bad Battle AI System 5.7 (a new tactical AI)
    -Finally reworked units statistics in all aspects (weight, attack speed, delay between attacks, morale, training, attributes, fatigue, ground type impact)
    -Finally reworked the cost of recruting and maintenance
    -For artillery increased crews, increased the fatigue when moveing, reduced moveing speed, added the possibility to set the stakes before the battle
    -Changed the model and the conditions of recruting for 'militia swordsmen' (3 degrees of upgrading armor)
    -Changed the model and the conditions of recruting for the 'chosen swordsmen' (Scotland)
    -Changed the priorities of economic development and recruitment of troops for the AI
    -Reduced the moral for the generals (to reduce mortality in battle)
    -Scandinavians can recrute ballistas and catapults in port
    -Tournament buildings accelerates the possibility of recruting feudal knights (if settlement have barracks)-For Scandinavians simplified conditions of recruting for some units (reduced required buildings level)
    -The Scots as an officer added Highlander with a two-handed sword
    -Bombards burning shells removed
    -Increased the chance of betrayal for generals with low loyalty
    -Increased the chance of betrayal for army in the case of the presence rebels
    -Increased the chance of bribery
    -end etc

New Rules v.1.3

Changes log:
    -Rebalanced the cost of recruting and maintenance of units (fixed errors)
    -Chenged conditions of recruting units for Ireland and Wales (there were errors)
    -Fixed errors in EDU
    -Changed the parameters of the cavalry, it became more vulnerable
    -Changed the AI priorities to storm settlements (AI will take a big effort), as well as increased priority on organizing ambushes
    -Improved troops appearing on scripted events
    -Improved starting troops for Denmark
    -Changed the economy, the tax revenue cut at 30%, with increased income from trade and mines
    -Changed subsidies budget from the Kings Treasury
    -Added in some towns blacksmiths
    -Introduced one more armor upgrade level for the "Highlands nobles"
    -Fixed bug in which units could have big movment accelerate on some ground types
    -Reduced the influence of garrison public order, this will complicate the control of the occupied settlements
    -Reduced attack for archers (lowered effect ageinst armored units)

VERSION 1.3 DOWNLOAD (FINAL)

Installation:
    Put the contents in the folder 'mods' in the main game directory and overwrite the files.

IMPORTANT!!!
    You can do a custom installation:

Destination of the files:
    unit_models folder - bugfixes
    descr_battle_map_movement_modifiers - change speed units
    descr_walls - strengthening locks
    export_descr_unit - rebalanced units

P. S. I will be glad to receive your feedback and comments, and sorry my bad english

P.P.S. Unfortunately I didn't adapt my sabmod to "Wales correction", may be some time...

Last edited by Fritz_Sh; August 28, 2015 at 04:26 AM.

Default Re: New Rules (SABMOD)

---
    Last edited by Fritz_Sh; August 26, 2015 at 11:31 PM.

New Rules v.1.1

Changes log:
    -Included "Scotish fix"
    -Reworked units statistics
    -Reworked costs of units recruting and maintenance
    -Add new recruting system (need smiths and ports for recruting)*
    -Add officers
    -Bug fixes
    -Reworked king's purse (less mony for big fractions, more for scandinavians)
    -Reworked settelment robbery (more money)
    -Increased chance of bribery (especial for settlements in which there are civil unrest)
    -and many other small things.

* New recruiting system.
    For recruting some units you need 2 buildings, barracks and smiths/ports.

-For england fractions (england, baron alliance, welsh, scotland, ireland)
    If unit have mail, heavy mail or plate armor, you need build barracks for training
    and smiths for equipment (level of smiths matches to armor type), than higher smiths level,
    then higher speed of replenishment to recruit new unit.
    With the exception of noble, merchant and mercenary units, they can equipt by it self.

-For scandinavian fractions (denmark, norway)
    For recruting local militia HEAVY units (armor plate) you need smiths like english fractions.
    For recruting light and medium national scandinavian units and light militia units you
    need build only barracks, all equipment supply by sea from scandinavia.
    For recruiting heavy armored troops and cavalry you need build port and shipwright(higher speed
    of replenishment to recruit new unit).

When you build Royal armory barracks you don't need smiths for eqipment troops, which recruiting
    in this building.

---
    Last edited by Fritz_Sh; August 26, 2015 at 11:32 PM.

Now you can play on any difficalt as your wish (mony "BUG" fixed).

I've download the Submod, so I'll install it and give you feedback after I play a few rounds of the team's original work Your submod definitely seems interesting

New Rules v.1.2

Changes log:

-Introduced a Really Bad Battle AI System 5.7 (a new tactical AI)
    -Finally reworked units statistics in all aspects (weight, attack speed, delay between attacks, morale, training, attributes, fatigue, ground type impact)
    -Finally reworked the cost of recruting and maintenance
    -For artillery increased crews, increased the fatigue when moveing, reduced moveing speed, added the possibility to set the stakes before the battle
    -Changed the model and the conditions of recruting for 'militia swordsmen' (3 degrees of upgrading armor)
    -Changed the model and the conditions of recruting for the 'chosen swordsmen' (Scotland)
    -Changed the priorities of economic development and recruitment of troops for the AI
    -Reduced the moral for the generals (to reduce mortality in battle)
    -Scandinavians can recrute ballistas and catapults in port
    -Tournament buildings accelerates the possibility of recruting feudal knights (if settlement have barracks)
    -For Scandinavians simplified conditions of recruting for some units (reduced required buildings level)
    -The Scots as an officer added Highlander with a two-handed sword
    -Bombards burning shells removed
    -Increased the chance of betrayal for generals with low loyalty
    -Increased the chance of betrayal for army in the case of the presence rebels
    -Increased the chance of bribery
    -end etc

---
    Last edited by Fritz_Sh; August 25, 2015 at 02:36 AM.

BagaturSasha's Avatar Invictus
    Artifex

Blog Entries

My friend, i see, you loves hardcore gameplay ))) + for your work

Leader of the "Creative flame" studio.
    Author of the book "Legends of Moon Landscape"
    also author of the books "Fly", "Volcanorium" and other works too. Mostly specialized on fantasy.

https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?...r:BagaturSasha
    My Wiki page
    --

Have you tested your latest update? 1.1 is working great, it makes them game a lot more challenging. However it would be good to mention it is not save compatible

Right now I'm using 1.1 as Ireland and I've almost got the whole island to myself and its not even turn 30, so hopefully the new AI will entice the English to send support via boat. But again I'm hesitant with implementing it until I know you successfully integrated a new AI

2 BagaturSasha
    Yes it is

2 LuckyPistol
    Yes, I tested mod for all fractions, for scots already 50 turn, and all ok. By the way, I play scots and before 30 turns all was not very dynamic, but after looks like AI (all fractions) to gain strength, and in England starts real war.

There is no save compatibility unfortunately.

---

Future plans

-Adapt "Wales correction" sabmod
    -Add some new units

---

I need a little help.

Some units have problems with attachmentsets
    textures (on the shields) , I can't fix this, because I don't know how work in 3d max, if some one will fix this, it will be grate.

Units models to fix:
    -chosen_swordsmen
    -chosen_swordsmen_ug1
    -dismounted_knights_templar
    -dismounted_knights_templar_ug1

Also some denmark units have a textures problems (this is from original mod):
    -viking_raiders_ug3
    -dismounted_huscarls_ug1
    -norse_swordsmen_ug1

If some one fix it I will insert it to sabmod.

---

And also will be good hear to advice, where to take good units models to add in Rule Britannia, from which mod? If someone wants to help with inserting models, I will be glad.

I would put your unit problem into the tech help section and see if they can help

Also I would recommend putting the pike fix into your submod
    Last edited by LuckyPistol; June 03, 2015 at 12:18 AM.

I know about "Pike fix", but in may sabmod I did little on another: professional pikemans don't have 2nd weapon and fight only by pike, and this is effective, but militia pikemans have 2nd weapon, and as it so, they not so effective as professional

By the way 1 crash I take yesterday, from RBAI but only 1 at 50 turns, and it not replays. I think this is not so bad.

New Rules v.1.3

Changes log:
    -Rebalanced the cost of recruting and maintenance of units (fixed errors)
    -Chenged conditions of recruting units for Ireland and Wales (there were errors)
    -Fixed errors in EDU
    -Changed the parameters of the cavalry, it became more vulnerable
    -Changed the AI priorities to storm settlements (AI will take a big effort), as well as increased priority on organizing ambushes
    -Improved troops appearing on scripted events
    -Improved starting troops for Denmark
    -Changed the economy, the tax revenue cut at 30%, with increased income from trade and mines
    -Changed subsidies budget from the Kings Treasury
    -Added in some towns blacksmiths
    -Introduced one more armor upgrade level for the "Highlands nobles"
    -Fixed bug in which units could have big movment accelerate on some ground types
    -Reduced the influence of garrison public order, this will complicate the control of the occupied settlements
    -Reduced attack for archers (lowered effect ageinst armored units)

DOWNLOAD

VERSION 1.3 IS THE FINAL IT INCLUDE ALL CHANGES.

Known bugs: some units have little problems with shield textures; RBAI can do CTD (not often).

P.S. I think this is the final version.
    Last edited by Fritz_Sh; August 25, 2015 at 02:34 AM.

Very great work! I'm downloading it now and can't wait to try it out! A great many thanks for all the time and effort you've poured into this!

Version 1.0 can't be downloaded. Does 1.3 include all the updates?

Can you install one or more of these update individually?

DOWNLOAD LINK for 1.0 needed. Please, please.

Sorry, I don't have a copy of this, and it isn't in the Modding Vault either. Hopefully someone else will be able to help out here.

Thanks. I PM'd Fitz. Maybe he'll upload another one.

VERSION 1.3 IS THE FINAL IT INCLUDE ALL CHANGES.

YOU DON'T NEED INSTALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS!

As before, thank you. That's the info I needed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast