Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BRACE YOURSELVES - Patch 6 imminent

Default BRACE YOURSELVES - Patch 6 imminent

(To the tune of Monster Mash, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOFCQ2bfmHw)

I was playing Rights of Man, late one night
    When my eyes beheld, an eerie sight
    For when Takeda took a turn, the screen did stop
    And suddenly, I blew my top

It was a crash
    It was the Turn Thirty Crash
    Turn Thirty Crash
    To a desktop smash
    It did the crash
    Campaign gone in a flash
    It did the crash
    It did the Turn Thirty Crash

From my office against my keyboard, I did rage
    Searching across the forums for the just right page
    That would render TROM playable, for all, and me
    What was the result? Just wait, and see-

It did the crash
    It did the Desktop Crash
    Desktop Crash
    Where the hell is the patch?
    There is no patch
    Matsumoto I must smash
    Desktop Crash
    It did the Desktop Crash

The Mod forums did not please
    Learning to mod - not a breeze
    The original modder did not grease
    when asked about the Thirty Freeze

For many nights and moons, I toiled in work
    This sacred duty, I could not shirk
    With Pack File Manager at my tips
    I slaved away, in an attempt to fix-

Turn Thirty Crash
    The Turn Thirty Crash
    Turn Thirty Crash
    Expanded copied in a flash
    Fix the crash
    This'll need more than a patch
    Turn thirty crash
    Fix the Turn Thirty crash

----

----->Stuck in on dropbox. If it doesn't work, tell me.<--------

Anyway.

Sengoku Gekokoju Version 4, Patch 6!
    (Updated 30th May, 2015)

Includes:
    Sengoku Gekokoju
    Patches 1-5

Fixes:
    Turn Thirty / Matsumoto Crash (Hopefully)
    Fixes buildings that were non-functional (Buzen, the starting Ikko Ikki temples, etc.)
    Re-introduces the Area of Recruitment (Not sure if it wholly works)
    (Actually) Fixes the Otomo technologies.
    Make Levy Ashigaru look like Levy Ashigaru
    Give Levy Ashigaru and Ashigaru Yari Animations

Known issues:
    Might crash if Otomo DLC units are used in battle. If it happens, yell at me and I'll fix it.
    Not sure if compatable without Otomo and Ikko Ikki DLC (You're welcome to try)
    Might need Sinfonia sound fix.
    Not sure if compatable with other mods (Although the ROTS / FOTS fix posted elsewhere should work).

Known 'features'
    -Each faction can only have one market, Zen temple and Buddhist temple at a time. This isn't a bug; its a way to force the CAI to build somewhat properly.

Future things that I may possibly do:
    Fix whatever goes wrong with this patch

Alfonzo Reduced Garrison Mod

Based on the originally broken garrison db table, this mod pack is exactly the same as the above, but reduces the number of Castle Garrison units. Makes the game a hell of a lot more dynamic, with clans rising, falling, going extinct, coming back and continuing on regularly.
    Last edited by Alfonzo over Innsmouths; August 02, 2015 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Alfonzo, Master of Lyrics and Download links

Default Re: BRACE YOURSELVES - Patch 6 imminent

Dropbox doesn't seem to be working, saying its an invalid address

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Of the East View Post
    Dropbox doesn't seem to be working, saying its an invalid address
    Are you sure? I've checked from a third party computer and it seems to be downloadable.

I managed to download it just fine. And I noticed a little problem with it. The stronghold and castle have no garrison. Unless there's another building in the province that spawns garrison units, that will cause a crash if anyone attacks the castle. I noticed this same bug causing crashes in the masters of strategy mod, and it may be what caused the "turn thirty crash", though I've never experienced that before with this mod. To fix it all I did was renumber the entries in the building_level_armed_citizenry_juntions table.

I can download it just fine, but the secure download manager doesn't work for me, I posted I picture of what happens when I try to use it

Quote Originally Posted by kugkings View Post
    I managed to download it just fine. And I noticed a little problem with it. The stronghold and castle have no garrison. Unless there's another building in the province that spawns garrison units, that will cause a crash if anyone attacks the castle. I noticed this same bug causing crashes in the masters of strategy mod, and it may be what caused the "turn thirty crash", though I've never experienced that before with this mod. To fix it all I did was renumber the entries in the building_level_armed_citizenry_juntions table.
    ...I am a complete idiot.

Although, I still maintain that Matsumoto was glitched; even with a garrison it crashed the game. Thanks for telling me. Being fixed, right now.

(Although I will keep the garrisons low for my own games - I've gotten used to the shenanigans of only having a three man garrison.)

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Of the East
    I can download it just fine, but the secure download manager doesn't work for me, I posted I picture of what happens when I try to use it
    Apologies, but I can't see you image, I just have an error. I am also unfamiliar with a 'secure download manager'.
    Last edited by Alfonzo over Innsmouths; May 19, 2015 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Alfonzo, Master of Quoting

Never mind, I was just downloading it the wrong way

I noticed I can't build farms above improved irrigation, even though I just researched equal fields

Whenever I select a harbor, there's no recruitment option, making it impossible to recruit naval units

Whenever I select a harbor, there's no recruitment option, making it impossible to recruit naval units
    Is this a particular harbour?

I'm trying to get the Ikko ikki one to work right now, but all the others seem fine.

WIll investigate the equal fields thing presently. If I can sort it out, I should have a patch up sometime this weekend, as I don't have a lot of time to playtest during the week.

I was playing as the Uesugi clan, if that helps

I was playing as the Uesugi clan, if that helps
    It does. I think it has to do with the startpos, but I'm not seeing an issue...i'll sort it out eventually.

Alright, update is up. Just redownload the file, and replace the one in the data folder with the new one.

Fixes:
    Recruitment of Naval units from starting Ikko Ikki ports, amongst others
    Some buildings being a pain in the neck
    Garrisons are fixed
    Unlock some AOR units (Although still having a bit of grief fixing the rest)

Great work man Haven't had any crashes on your initial release. Is the update save game compatible? TBH I kinda liked the no garrison bug, haha in my current game Uesugi, Date, Oda, and I (Hojo) are in a huge war for territory and we all have 10+ settlements.

Quote Originally Posted by StringingTerror View Post
    Great work man Haven't had any crashes on your initial release. Is the update save game compatible? TBH I kinda liked the no garrison bug, haha in my current game Uesugi, Date, Oda, and I (Hojo) are in a huge war for territory and we all have 10+ settlements.
    I'm not entirely sure; I didn't really change the startpos.

If you want I can put up a reduced garrison mod that I've been playing with - It's crazy in how quickly clans rise and fall with it.

I seem to be having the same issues with farms and naval units as the Uesugi. I downloaded the updated patch twice to be sure I got the most up to date one and I still have this issue. Sorry if I sound overly negative, I really do like this mod and hope it improves!

I seem to be having the same issues with farms and naval units as the Uesugi. I downloaded the updated patch twice to be sure I got the most up to date one and I still have this issue. Sorry if I sound overly negative, I really do like this mod and hope it improves!
    Bizarre. I did a quick run as Uesegi and did not have the issues you describe - I could build farms and recruit units from harbours and trade ports just fine. Have you observed this with other factions? Do you have other mods installed? Potentially the update may be not savegame compatable. There may be a potential mod conflict, particularly if you have the original patch 5 for TROM in your data folder.
    Last edited by Alfonzo over Innsmouths; May 23, 2015 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonzo over Innsmouths View Post
    I'm not entirely sure; I didn't really change the startpos.

If you want I can put up a reduced garrison mod that I've been playing with - It's crazy in how quickly clans rise and fall with it.
    Sounds great.

Garrison Mod Done.

EDIT: Currently thinking of doing 2 extra Religious units for Christian Factions that don't need nanban ports (Ashigaru Fanatics, which are essentially Yari Ashigaru with very good morale) as well as maybe an expensive pike and shot Ashigaru unit from Nanban Quarter (Nanban-trained Ashigaru Terco, which seems a little more realistic than actually importing Tercos), and reducing the cap on Portugese Tercos to 2.

Also thinking of making 2 low-tier Ninja-Ashigaru for Hattori.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Alfonzo over Innsmouths; May 24, 2015 at 10:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast