Thread: Orient.exe Installation error "Not enough space"

Lt_John_Chard's Avatar Laetus

Default Orient.exe Installation error "Not enough space"

Ok, I will put my story very simple.

The year is currently 2015. I have wanted to play this mod ever since I discovered it in 2013. That's a long time of waiting. The reason why I was never able to play it was because of a error that said,

"You do not have enough free space to install this program. Please free some space and try again."

I have looked for people with my same issue, and tons of people have it. Some people suggested changing the compatibility settings. That didn't work. I tried every version compatibility all the way up to Windows 98. It still showed the error. Some people suggested installing it manually. I downloaded the torrent, and got a virus. After formatting my whole computer (and having to reinstall Napoleon Total War again), I finally got rid of the virus. I need a way to make this installer work. Anybody have any help?

Please somebody answer this question. I have wanted this mod for almost 3 years now, and this error has prevented me from letting it work. I may never get to see how good this mod was...

If anybody could help, that would be great.

Default Re: Orient.exe Installation error "Not enough space"

If anybody needs more information, I am using Windows 8 by the way. The error comes up when I run Orient.exe, the file i downloaded from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4k8ikiygb0

When ever I run the installer, it asks for my language, and when ever I choose a language (it doesn't matter which one since i tried all) it says the error. I have tons of space in my hardrive, and i am wondering what to do about this error.

plz help

Same problem here. By the way, you were my favorite character in Zulu!

Same problem here. Can anyone explain step by step the installation process, please?!

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 26th North Carolina Redcoat View Post
    Same problem here. By the way, you were my favorite character in Zulu!
    Yeah. Zulu is one of my favorite movies. Too bad I can't play this Zulu Mod. If somebody just came up with a solution to this dumb problem. I have heard that some people bought Napoleon Total War in hopes of just using this mod, and having this issue stop them would break anybodies heart.

we need help

NauDaModder's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Lt_John_Chard View Post
    Yeah. Zulu is one of my favorite movies. Too bad I can't play this Zulu Mod. If somebody just came up with a solution to this dumb problem. I have heard that some people bought Napoleon Total War in hopes of just using this mod, and having this issue stop them would break anybodies heart.

we need help
    Lt. Chard sir! I have found a way to play Zulu smoothly without running into exe problem.
    1. Go to the last page of the Download Files sticky, and there is an awesome guy called bangalore.
    2. Download the fies for manual install.
    3. Get NTW mod manager, if you havn't already.
    4. Inside the folder for the Orient Manual install you will see a folder called DATA, open it!
    5 Drag all the .pack files into your Napoleon Total War data folder. It may take awhile.
    6. Drag the campagin into campagins, and drag the mp_europe napoleon thing into the campaign map.
    7/ Run NTW mod manager, and you will see a list of .pack files with check boxes. Scroll down and click Khartoum. Then once Khartoum box is checked, click on Launch!
    8. You will see a really creepy intro picture of a pirate skull, thats the pirate mod, but once it finishes loading you see the beautiful cinematic intro. There is a new campaign called the Orient Campaigns.

Ignore what I just said. The campagin files go into the same folder. Otherwise you're gonna get a really weird "Campagins of the Coalition" which gets really boring because for some reason England in 1805, has maxim machine guns and riflemen.

Oh my gosh! It WORKED! Thank you soooo much kind sir! You can't belive how happy I am of finally getting this after 3 long years of waiting!

I can't thank you enough!

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

I managed to launch the installer on a 220 Gb Drive of which free were 127 Gb. After unzipping it is 1.4 Gb ...However afterwards when trying to launch the Orient Campaign (there's two choices between that and Pirates Campaign) game freezes before the main game menu.

Is the Orient you managed to launch on the map of Egypt which standardly replaces the files in mp_euro_napoleon which is the Coalition Campaign ? And what's the difference from Khartum mod alone ?

SirHiggins's Avatar Libertus

Hi ... maybe someone still reading this

Made the manual installation, including NTW clear install, but when i launch NTW (within mod manager, or with user script mod+ napoleon exe launch) the skull screen
    shown, but after that CTD
    1st Regiment of Foot (The Royal Scots)