Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: More reasonable diplomacy mini-mod (using taw's research into the territorial expansion problem, v10, May 16, 2015)

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: More reasonable diplomacy mini-mod (using taw's research into the territorial expansion problem, v10, May 16, 2015)

Hi TheVigilantWolf, welcome to TWC. Yes, this mod is intended for ETW. It worked when I tested it back in 2015, and as far as I know there have been no significant patches to the game since then.

I suggest checking the file extension - is it .7z or .pack? If it's .7z, then the file needs to be unzipped with 7zip (which is available free to download). Probably you did unzip it, I'm suggesting it just in case.

Are you using other mods? Other mods might make similar changes which could override the changes made by this mod. Are you playing on a PC or a Mac? This mod was made on a PC, and as I understand it, mods made on PCs often don't work on a Mac. If neither of those apply, then maybe something has stopped this mod from working. If you're prepared to spend some time modding, it wouldn't be very difficult to create your own version of this mod using Pack File Manager.
    Last edited by Alwyn; November 27, 2021 at 03:58 AM.

Default Re: More reasonable diplomacy mini-mod (using taw's research into the territorial expansion problem, v10, May 16, 2015)

Thanks for your reply Alwyn.

Yes the file was unzipped and the .pack is in /data . There are no other mods and I am playing on PC. Not sure what could've broken this mod, oh well.

You're welcome - and thanks for letting me know. I'm sorry to hear that it isn't working. I don't know what could have stopped it working either, unfortunately.

You might want to try the Diplomacy almost completely fixed mod, by BraselC5048.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVigilantWolf View Post
    Thanks for your reply Alwyn.

Yes the file was unzipped and the .pack is in /data . There are no other mods and I am playing on PC. Not sure what could've broken this mod, oh well.
    I was in the same boat, but I had DM installed but not running and found that it was interfering with this mini-mod (not sure how exactly); uninstalled DM and now no issues, working as it should (reasonable_diplomacy_reduce_v10 anyway). Not sure if that throws any light on your situation!

Thanks, PourCoco, and welcome to TWC!

I don't know why DM prevents this from working - my guess is that Darthmod has its own version of the same database table which this mod uses, but that's just a guess.

diplomacy sucks, faction "hostile" to me from start, but no war yet, BUT faction ask "trade agreement", this is idiotic
    and they ask me about it EVERY turn, this is annoying
    "quality assurance" team slept during this? or did not existed?
    Empire Total War

edit: i hope this mod will fix it
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; December 27, 2022 at 02:55 AM. Reason: posts merged

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456