Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: More reasonable diplomacy mini-mod (using taw's research into the territorial expansion problem, v10, May 16, 2015)

Default Re: More reasonable diplomacy mini-mod (using taw's research into the territorial expansion problem, v10, May 16, 2015)

Hey Alwyn..
    I time ago i saw some playing ETW with a different HUD in the Battle Map.
    Like the Napoleon and Shogun; the minimap in the top right corner, and 1 row of units -not two-..
    Do you know about this..?? Because i couldn find any..

Behorehand, thanks lad..
    Be safe, Peace out...

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: More reasonable diplomacy mini-mod (using taw's research into the territorial expansion problem, v10, May 16, 2015)

A picture would help. Can you provide a picture about the HUD?
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Hi Franz von Overbeck,

I don't know anything about modding the HUD, unfortunately. You could try sending a PM to Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (a member of the Imperial Splendour modding team), as he developed a themed version of the HUD, but I don't know if he'll know about the changes you described.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    A picture would help. Can you provide a picture about the HUD?
    This is it..
    Its an old video from 2010.. It's says Darthmod, but i dont want the whole mod, just this..

And this is the youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHuHImguR4c

Be safe, Peace out

That's the "minimal HUD" option that the game has, you can change it in the options
    Try my ETW mods: Interface Enhancement Mod

My bad lads..
    I was fooled.. The video says darthmod, but you can have the 1 row of units, and the minimap in the top right corner as an option in the game..
    NVM.. Thanks..

Thanks, Durango and Franz, that explains it.

Hi lads.. Happy holidays.. Hope you're all ok..
    Alwyn, i'm using many of your mods in ETW, and now i have a better, and somewhat logic gameplay..
    Without the heavy mods.. Thanks a lot..
    And now i have 2 questions..
    1- Can i build a Prestige building of another faction..??? Example; as Austria, i destroy France, can i build the Arc d'Triomphe..?? Is any mod for that.
    2- I was playing United Provinces and i noticed that the Conscripts have less ammo -3-, than the Militia even the Dahomey Warriors have 5, and cost more..
    I would try to cange the file, but i'm not sure to do it..
    Beforehand, thanks..

Be safe, peace out

Hi Franz, yes I'm okay thanks, I hope you are too.

Thank you for the kind comment. I don't know of a way to build a prestige building of another faction.

To create a mod to edit the ammunition for Conscripts, you would need Pack File Manager (PFM). You would either need to edit a mod file which contains the unit_stats_land table for Conscripts, or create a mod file with that line of the unit_stats_land table (from patch5.pack), and edit the entry for ammunition for this unit. Pretty much everything I know about modding Empire is linked from this post.
    Last edited by Alwyn; January 04, 2021 at 12:08 PM.

Hi Alwyn, greetings from Chile.

Thanks for the help. As i said it before; i started playing ETW -again since a long time- to complete some Steam achievements.
    But in that long time, i've playing other TW games.. And going back to Empire again is kinda stressful.. So easy, simple and yet a great game.. My first TW game btw..
    Now i get the meme of "One does not simply... play vanilla"

I was thinking in download some mods. I had the darthmod, -and another i cant remember- but it wasn't a nice experience.
    So i tried to play with smaller mods, specific mods. And now i have a great game.. As i said, more logic, somewhat more challenging gameplay. Thanks a lot.

FYI i'm using some of your mods:

More challenging battles: Removed Gabionades, here.

More challenging battles: Stronger Garrisons, here.
    (But i change some stats of the "Invalid Garrison Infantry"; more weak, less defense and attack, and no earthworks because.. well.. They are injured soldiers..
    -advice: i like to see a different skin in these soldiers, like some soldiers without hats, bandages in the head, arms and legs-)

More reasonable diplomacy and territorial expansion mod (using taw's research into the territorial expansion problem), here.

Nerfed Bomb Ketches, Rocket Ships and Steamships, here.

No city forts version of the vanilla startpos, here.

Weather mod, here.

Now i'm testing the Minor & Emergent Factions Unit Pack, here

Also im using other mods;

Larger fonts -this is a must have mod- here.

Durango's Historical Portraits, here.

Aditional Units MOD - AUM-EMP 3.7, here.
    This one have a lot of units, great ones too.. very impresive, and yet, i think, it can be improved...

Thanks Alwyn and Durango.. And for the others modders; still updating some Empire mods, it's means there're a lot of gamers still enjoying these games, and mods.
    Keep going..

Be safe, peace out...

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Hi Franz von Overbeck,

I don't know anything about modding the HUD, unfortunately. You could try sending a PM to Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (a member of the Imperial Splendour modding team), as he developed a themed version of the HUD, but I don't know if he'll know about the changes you described.
    So this diplomacy mod isn't compatible with ETF? I thought ETF by itself was basically just vanilla but with all factions.

Quote Originally Posted by BabylonBlitz View Post
    So this diplomacy mod isn't compatible with ETF? I thought ETF by itself was basically just vanilla but with all factions.
    In terms of game-play, Empire Total Factions is mostly a way to unlock all factions (with a few other changes, listed in the ETF Update History). However, ETF includes DarthMod AI. Large mods tend to already include changes to diplomacy which have similar effects to More Reasonable Diplomacy, so you aren't likely to need this mod. This mod is for people who want to customise their game-play with a few small mods.

However, ETF includes DarthMod AI.
    I never knew that ETF included DarthMod AI.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

The OP of the mod thread says that it has improved campaign AI and battle AI. I believe I read somewhere that this was DarthMod AI (I could be mistaken.)

Not exactly, instead ETF has an option to either enable or disable CAI and BAI.

2. AI: Enabe or Disable mod's CAI and BAI.
    4. More Content: Vae Victi's campaign is an early all playable campaign with some additional changes he has made to some of the minor nations making them more playable. Details here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...09#post8162209

Note, Vae Victi's campaign option is only for early campaign via the More Content menu in the ETF launcher.

I didn't say that there is no way to disable the improved AI. I said that ETF has improved AI. It does.

I didn't say that there is no way to disable the improved AI. I said that ETF has improved AI. It does.
    Fair enough.

Yes, you did.

Well, this is how diplomats at that time could argue about their arguments forever since no one on either side wanted to surrender hence for declaring war, so this mod is to make diplomacy more realistic.

I believe a well known Prussian general once said; war is a continuation of politics with a mixture of other means.

Thanks, Leonardo.

Maybe you were suggesting that turning off the AI in ETF could make it possible to use More Reasonable Diplomacy with ETF? This might be possible; I can't guarantee that it would work. (Combining mods can cause the game to crash and, if you're really unlucky, you might have to reinstall the game). It may not be necessary to use More Reasonable Diplomacy if you have ETF - if ETF already includes similar changes to More Reasonable Diplomacy.
    Last edited by Alwyn; February 14, 2021 at 09:23 AM.

This might be possible; I can't guarantee that it would work. (Combining mods can cause the game to crash and, if you're really unlucky, you might have to reinstall the game). It may not be necessary to use More Reasonable Diplomacy if you have ETF - if ETF already includes similar changes to More Reasonable Diplomacy.
    One thing the user needs to do after getting a CTD is to verify game cache in Steam and doing that might help more often than one realize.

Over the years I have playing ETF I've notice a few things and one of them is that I don't think ETF affect the diplomacy at all, except for the emergent nations e.g Mexico, Colombia, Naples & Sicily of course.

Hello. I'm using this on ETW which I think is the intended game. I'm still getting +1 rep per turn instead of +10. Has the mod broken since then?

reasonable_diplomacy_reduce_v10.pack is in my /data

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast