Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picture and Video Campaign AI thread

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Picture and Video Campaign AI thread

Please remember, any change in arrow and artillery was included in Better Missile Pack, so if you guys want back to original version you can do it with simple tick on mod manager

Since most of us, more easy to understand from looking on video rather reading from people comment, i post some picture and several home made video, the quality is poor but its watchable and at least more the enough to satisfied some of your curiosity

Massive Battles

Oh yes its horror and very epic if your Pc can handle it

AI Vs AI

Langobard

Western Rebel

Glad i am not their neighbour, notice how fluid the AI reaction on attack and defence, they try counter each other movement like watching people play chess

Artillery Warfare and Balance Army Composition

Normal

Siege

Believe or not , if you able to complete all element for BAI like mele, artillery, archer, spear, the BAI use it very well. Since they are constructed to use this A type versus B type its help them greatly. In simple words if AI able to hold better army composition its will react very well. Similiar like play poker card, by having each type of unit, they can use any strategy in their arsenal

Anyways artillery will play important role, why ? Because if both AI vs AI (yes i let AI handle my army) is under each other artillery range, they will perform realy well, since AI work based on how much Area that covered for them, and artillery realy provide that. Its act like some shield radar for AI, so when both side have artillery its will like shield vs shield fight. Casuality is very high anyways

Improved Arrow trajectory and its impact

Day

Night

Its enabled you to make arrow loop into target, similiar like Medieval 2 arrow style. Both feature like artillery and Arrow you can found in Better Missile that already one whole package with Better AI. Including their specific version like Radious and Fall of The Eagles

The rule is very simple :
    1.Normal standar Arrow
    Each unit will shoot 2 missile at once, but its very poor on accuracy, perfect for shower highly dense area, good on quantity worse on quality. Can loop

2.Special arrow like whistling or fire
    The more upgraded version of standart arrow, while its dont shoot as many as normal, but they have better accuracy and special effect they caused realy work best, its like jack of all trade. Can loop

3.Heavy arrow
    The bane of any heavy armor units or light unit, they simply tear it apart, they cant loop but they have the highest accuracy and not mention very powerful shock effect that can render any units to stay on ground lots longer giving their extra time to maximize their potential. Very good if you can flank the enemy, or need some fire power to stop any cavalry movement.
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; May 16, 2015 at 12:50 PM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Default Re: Picture and Video Campaign AI thread

Cool, so finally you opened this thread

Well I don't got any videos or photos yet but I can suggest a youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs9...A6DA/playlists

For the ones don't know, he uses Imperiales Economy, Radious and Better AI altogether (as Picts)

Quote Originally Posted by SharpEyed View Post

For the ones don't know, he uses Imperiales Economy, Radious and Better AI altogether (as Picts)
    I might be out of a job...

Quote Originally Posted by Delicate Strawberry View Post
    I might be out of a job...
    You can be faster than him for testing mate and maybe better voice too

You can be faster than him for testing mate and maybe better voice too
    It would be quite suitable to have the Picts narrated with a Scottish accent I guess.

Thankfully my last essay is due next week, so I'll have plenty of time to test.
    Last edited by Delicate Strawberry; May 15, 2015 at 10:49 AM.

3.5 Version is very peacefull campaign i must say, any one of you that already play 3.6 Beta already know how bitter and grim situation is

I just bit sad since that guys already upload 10 video using 3.5, which people will forget when 3.6 official release hit in couple days
    Last edited by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze; May 15, 2015 at 10:49 AM.
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass

It would be quite suitable to have the Picts narrated with a Scottish accent I guess.

Thankfully my last essay is due next week, so I'll have plenty of time to test.
    Hehe it would, wait for the 3.6 full version which will be ready very soon

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    3.5 Version is very peacefull campaign i must say, any one of you that already play 3.6 Beta already know how bitter and grim situation is
    as long as AI vs AI is the same, no problem

Yep thanks again mate, already help solve some bug from beta

You mean I'll have to fight to survive? But that would mean I'd have to actually play the game properly. D:

I joke, next week will be a good week for my Attila campaign, a lot of updates all being released within a few days of each other. I'm still waiting for a general reskin though, the only thing missing now.

Well you see it yourself, in video how AI able to crush any resistance, using all he have in his arsenal, like what we Human always do

Yep thanks again mate, already help solve some bug from beta
    not even mention it mate, it's my pleasure

You mean I'll have to fight to survive? But that would mean I'd have to actually play the game properly. D:

I joke, next week will be a good week for my Attila campaign, a lot of updates all being released within a few days of each other. I'm still waiting for a general reskin though, the only thing missing now.
    still no Hun reskin around

Well you see it yourself, in video how AI able to crush any resistance, using all he have in his arsenal, like what we Human always do
    hehe

But AI will also use gold for buildings too right? Or else I'm sick of spear spam..

still no Hun reskin around
    Forgot about that, nor Sassanids/'Eastern'. There's a couple, but not extensive. Maybe if there's a DLC focusing on that part of the map there will be. Shame, I'm looking forward to my ERE campaign.

I just bit sad since that guys already upload 10 video using 3.5, which people will forget when 3.6 official release hit in couple days
    Just seen your edit, well I've told him already about new version of Better AI and Radious, so I don't think it'll be a problem

Forgot about that, nor Sassanids/'Eastern'. There's a couple, but not extensive. Maybe if there's a DLC focusing on that part of the map there will be. Shame, I'm looking forward to my ERE campaign.
    Well, we can only hope
    Thou some extensive mods will include reskins

Yep in theory, to check how army composition would be, try go to custom battle, lets AI auto generate the army automaticly, what you see in custom battle composition also apply on campaign as well, provided they have access to the building to recruit that unit.

If they dont have access they will try via mercenary system as another attempt, if all is fail then they will just recruit whatever provided for them based on highest order. I doubt their spam spear, more like sword type or axe.

Here some of common army composition :

10 unit as infantry : 5 sword + 3 spear + 2 range
    9 unit for other : 3 siege + 2 cav mele + 2 cav shock + 2 cav range
    1 general : 1 melee or 1 cav

More like jack of all trade composition

Yep in theory, to check how army composition would be, try go to custom battle, lets AI auto generate the army automaticly, what you see in custom battle composition also apply on campaign as well, provided they have access to the building to recruit that unit.
    Well that's something new for me, good observation, congratz!

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze
    If they dont have access they will try via mercenary system as another attempt, if all is fail then they will just recruit whatever provided for them based on highest order. I doubt their spam spear, more like sword type or axe.

Here some of common army composition :

10 unit as infantry : 5 sword + 3 spear + 2 range
    9 unit for other : 3 siege + 2 cav mele + 2 cav shock + 2 cav range
    1 general : 1 melee or 1 cav

More like jack of all trade composition
    It's mostly spear (alonside hurlers/slingers and archers) because of the options, AI not always after building military buildings afterall
    But maybe things will change, will see

Btw this thread is going to be more discussion thread than Picture and Video

So our victim (just kidding ) goes on more suffering with his campaign
    But hey he learned Political actions the hard way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKZ6x7VPBl4

(I prefer not to tell him about the latest Fame table update )
    Last edited by SharpEyed; May 20, 2015 at 11:03 AM.

Actually the latest fame tables also encourage political intrique, since more stack mean more general, more general means its more harder to control its loyalty, mean even more bigger chance for civil war to happens

Actually the latest fame tables also encourage political intrique, since more stack mean more general, more general means its more harder to control its loyalty, mean even more bigger chance for civil war to happens
    Yea exactly and more army to fight with of course, that's why I said that
    I mean he is struggling enough atm, let's go slowly

Quite interesting that AI does this attack, even tho I can easily win
    Not complaining thou, just surprised

Click to view content: 

So, the video in the OP - is that with a mixture of mods, or just the AI mod? That's a lot of stacks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast