Page 2 of 213 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum 2.08e is released!

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.02 is released!

I should add, if you're reinstalling 2.01, make sure you follow all the instructions in that thread before you attempt to patch.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

This is a superb idea! Hopefully we can provide some valuable feedback before the summer release.

Trax's Avatar It's a conspiracy!

Two Epirote generals including Pyrrhos himself wandering around in Northern Italy without any troops. Both are the only unit in their stacks.
    They have share no border with this province.

Getai have been wiped out about 15 turns in. But by whom?
    Their province is held by rebels.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Perhaps the rebels themselves took the city, I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. Thanks for the picture- however a larger one would have been more useful, which would really help in regards to turn date- context (e.g. the surrondings of what provinces are taken and how close they are to their own).

In my game this is what Pyrhos is currently doing. And generally even on earlier versions he's done the exact same thing (gathered a full stack then eventually set out to attack a settlement)- however I do have a general idea of what went wrong but again, a picture with context would really, really help.

You can use this even as an example pic, although it's just a simple screencap. And yes I understand that you really just wanted to show up close what you're talking about. If you cannot give a picture, perhaps a description?
    http://i.imgur.com/MUJRsjG.jpg

Thanks.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Thanks for the picture- however a larger one would have been more useful, which would really help in regards to turn date- context (e.g. the surrondings of what provinces are taken and how close they are to their own).
    Turn 20. He was wandering around already before that but then the other one showed up so I got curious.
    The closest epirote provinces are probably Dalminion and Taras. Dalminion may have been captured later though.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

It belatedly occurs to me the fault may be unsolvable- at first I believed it may be something that I updated in my later iterations of files (even though this is the first time I've seen that sort of thing happen, even after watching quite a few turns with fog of war off) however now it occurs that it may be due to the land separation they have. They were probably trying to get to their foothold in rome.

I believe it should be only a very rare occurrence that they go and do things like that though It's probably also to do with the fact that the CAI is trying to use it's family members for attacks, rather than just captains.
    Last edited by z3n; May 15, 2015 at 11:58 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by squeehunter View Post
    Is this where to report bugs? I have never reported a bug before so I don't know the protocol is. So far here are some things I noticed:
    -No years are displayed on the UI
    Same here. This is the EBII.cfg line:
    Code:
    [misc]
    show_hud_date = 1
    Should it be set to "true" or "1" (haven't touched this file myself)

I also started a Romanii M/M campaign. Again an unexpected CTD after I ended a turn.
    This is the log entry:
    Code:
    11:50:35.017 [game.script] [always] f_seleukid: Faction turn start
    11:50:35.397 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Dunno if its related but from the event viewer I got a launcher error related to .NET Framework 4.03 (could be some permissions issue? I also need to RunAsAdmin the launcher or else it won't start)
    Code:
    Application: Launcher.exeFramework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
    Stack:
       at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.PostMessage(System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef, MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
       at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean, System.Nullable`1<ChannelSet>)
       at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowPos(IntPtr)
       at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
       at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
       at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
       at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
       at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr, IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DefWndProcWrapper(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
       at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr, IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
       at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.UnsafeSendMessage(IntPtr, MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
       at System.Windows.Window.InternalClose(Boolean, Boolean)
       at System.Windows.Application.DoShutdown()
       at System.Windows.Application.ShutdownImpl()
       at System.Windows.Application.ShutdownCallback(System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
       at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
       at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
       at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
       at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
       at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
       at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
       at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
       at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
       at M2TWLauncher.App.Main()
    I play on a fully updated windows 8.1 machine, no AV (on purpose), UAC disabled, etc.
    I also had some MTW2 fatal graphics error (on 2.01) - quite strange as well. I may try a custom vanila battle with some massive armies to test graphics performance (on Huge units).

In general what I noticed is that the Eleutheroi turn takes too much time to complete in comparison to 2.01.
    The AI armies getting in and out a minor settlement for 4~5 times in a row each turn (this happened also in 2.01).

john909 - are you using a Steam or retail version? Where is your M2TW installed?

Did 2.01 run fine just before you patched it to 2.02?

Did the specific CTD repeat when you tried to end turn a second time? What's in the rest of the log - we need a line that says "error" or better yet "fatal error"?

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

I bet he is using Steam version.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Graet news, the listed changes sounds really good to me

Frtigern's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    3) Go to [your M2TW folder]\mods\EBII\data\text\ and sort by type. Highlight all the .bin files and delete them. Don't worry, the game will regenerate them.
    Do people with a fresh install of 2.01 have to do this step?
    Swords don't kill people, people with swords kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by Frtigern View Post
    Do people with a fresh install of 2.01 have to do this step?
    Yes, because there are new text files in the 2.02 patch. If you don't delete the .bin files, the game won't generate new ones using the new text files.

As of turn 50+ as the Lugionez, I managed to expand and acquire 4 camps. M/M

1. Is the world supposed to be this peaceful? Only the Averni and the Aedui and the Macedonians vs Greeks are actually fighting. Also, only a few factions are even thinking of expanding their territory. The sweboz hasn't even acquired a single camp.

2. It seems the battles progress way too fast compared to EB1.

3. What's with the Adviser saying Skynet?

4. The slingers, need a little work as they seem to be very ineffective against horse archers compared to EB1 slingers.

Two Epirote generals including Pyrrhos himself wandering around in Northern Italy without any troops. Both are the only unit in their stacks.
    They have share no border with this province.
    Pyrrhos has lost it

I found a lone Epirote general in the exact same way turn 50. They don't have a fleet yet so i believe they choose the cheaper option of walking to Taras, since the AI revenue has been lowered a bit?

Senator

4. The slingers, need a little work as they seem to be very ineffective against horse archers compared to EB1 slingers.
    I found them to be very effectic ,they kill more HA's than many of my archers.

It should be a bit slower.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

It seems the battles progress way too fast compared to EB1.
    I tend to agree, even though EBI was actually a bit too slow.

Units also seem to move a touch too fast.

No one else has noticed the insane cavalry charges? I set up a quick battle with one unit of light cavalry versus classical hoplites. You just charge in headlong, wipe out half the spearmen in the first second, and the whole unit routs or goes into fight-to-the-death mode.

So far my record is every last hoplite dead for the loss of zero light cavalry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    It should be a bit slower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trax View Post
    I tend to agree, even though EBI was actually a bit too slow.
    Since several people have said this, I want to pull this discussion out separately from the other comments.

In what way, specifically are they too fast? Is it that units are routing too easily? Is it that men are dying too fast? Is it both? Is it something else?

As of turn 50+ as the Lugionez, I managed to expand and acquire 4 camps. M/M

1. Is the world supposed to be this peaceful? Only the Averni and the Aedui and the Macedonians vs Greeks are actually fighting. Also, only a few factions are even thinking of expanding their territory. The sweboz hasn't even acquired a single camp.
    50 turns isn't a long time. The AI is supposed to be more considered and focused in what it's doing. Could you keep going and see where things are at by 100 turns?

The slower expansion may in part be due to bigger Rebel garrisons; there are no longer easy targets close by. That may have gone too far in the other direction of being too difficult for the AI to risk trying to take them.

The AI also has less money than it did before, which may again impact it's level of aggression.

The pendulum was too far in the direction of rapid expansion by all factions before; it may have swung too far in the other direction, but we'll need more feedback to see if that's the case.

3. What's with the Adviser saying Skynet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    I found them to be very effectic ,they kill more HA's than many of my archers.
    Again, more feedback on slingers would be good, to see if there's anything like a majority view of them. Missiles have been completely reworked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantaprey View Post
    Pyrrhos has lost it

I found a lone Epirote general in the exact same way turn 50. They don't have a fleet yet so i believe they choose the cheaper option of walking to Taras, since the AI revenue has been lowered a bit?
    He would have had a fleet at the start of the game - it's probably been lost to pirates or another faction and never replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Trax View Post
    Units also seem to move a touch too fast.
    Which units? Cavalry are certainly faster than they were, but only lights are really fast. Infantry skirmishers are faster, by a noticeable amount. Most other infantry are slower, having a uniform speed now. Phalanxes are slightly slower than other infantry, rather than a lot slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Thuycidides View Post
    No one else has noticed the insane cavalry charges? I set up a quick battle with one unit of light cavalry versus classical hoplites. You just charge in headlong, wipe out half the spearmen in the first second, and the whole unit routs or goes into fight-to-the-death mode.

So far my record is every last hoplite dead for the loss of zero light cavalry.
    Alright, I think we need to look into revised (lower) kill rates. Is anyone else finding lots of kills happening very quickly? Is it just cavalry, or other units too?

Fortunately, I believe this is a savegame compatible change (just a tweak of the battle_config.xml).
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; May 16, 2015 at 10:54 AM.

Hey so how do i get the english names after the original names in the units? Like "Hastati (polybian etc etc). I know i had it before reinstalling but i didnt see any option for that in the 2.01 setup.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR