Thread: Europa Barbarorum 2.08e is released!

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.04a is released!

Why can't we delete posts on TWC?

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

First of all, a big THANK YOU to the whole team of EB2, you did really great so far!!! I see that the road is still a way to go until you reach the final goal, take your time! Nevertheless i have a proposition for the "to active, or to passive AI" problem: why not host two downloads in the final version, one with active, and one with passive or slower AI? Just a thought, probably you had the idea yourself! Keep going EB 2 team, we love your work!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Does anyone have a copy of the vanilla descr_rebel_factions.txt they could upload? You need to have unpacked your vanilla files, I don't dare touch my M2TW installation.
    How to unpack outside your installation and even unpack individual files, see here.

Why can't we delete posts on TWC?
    You require Local Moderator permissions

Preview of the changelog for 2.04b:
    • Reduced distance from capital penalty slightly, from 0.35 to 0.3, and halved for camps.
    • Reduced corruption modifier for camps.
    • Increased impact of garrisons - now caps at 50% rather than 40%.
    • Baktrioi cavalry made available to all Hellenistic factions through the polis (though they still have to be in Baktria).
    • Updated the Roman spawn consul script.
    • Updated "Taking Knossos" script to terminate if the human player is KH.
    • Added port buildings to Ebusus, Gadir and Mastia. Also added port garrison to Gadir. Upgraded Lilibeo to market_two, added market_two to Gadir, Mastia and Ebusus.
    • Added Law bonus to port_garrison building.
    • Defensive skill of Maures Infantry and Numidian Infantry reduced.
    • Added hyparchia hidden_resource to Kypros.
    • Old script causing war between Rome and Carthage fixed so it only triggers once, rather than perpetually, irrespective of ownership.
    • Trialling new cultural mix in Iberia and Balkans.
    • Added free_upkeep_unit to Komatai, Komatai Toxotai and Dacian Light Phalanx. Also Caetratii.
    • Slight adjustment's to Pyrrhos and Makedonia's starting armies.
    • Machairophoroi added to helcol_two and polis_two.
    • Changed horse archer recruit priority.
    • Added Thureophoroi and Phalangitai to Carthaginian mercenary pool.
    • Switched the incorrect placement of ImmobileRebel in Getia Koile.
    • Update to Hellenistic colonisation - now holding three polis_two's will grant colonists. This means Epeiros and Bosporans have options without having to take a polis_three, though Baktria is still reliant on the Ferghana event.

The only thing I haven't completed is the culture change, which is a bigger undertaking than the tweaks above. z3n's BAI changes aren't ready yet, either, and will likely be in 2.04c next weekend.

Hello, I'm new to the community. My game crashed in a Hayasdan campaign after I decided to not pay tribute to the Seleucids for a second time. This happened on turn 56. Could anyone propose a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Royalflush21 View Post
    Hello, I'm new to the community. My game crashed in a Hayasdan campaign after I decided to not pay tribute to the Seleucids for a second time. This happened on turn 56. Could anyone propose a solution?
    What did your error log say?

Can I get some more feedback on the AI regarding:
    -army compositions
    -recruitment and use of navies
    -government building choices - are we seeing lots of Allied Oligarchies, for example?

The armies I'm fighting are well balanced - no complaints at all.

Navies are hit and miss. First I encountered two types of ships: 1) small scouting missions from rival states, like the Romans or the Punics would send one ship out that would run around for awhile and then go home (I was playing as KH). 2) Pirate fleets of 1-3 ships that would try to kill my landing parties or scouting missions. Later when I got into big fights with major powers I raised serious war fleets and I was the only faction to do so. It led to total domination of the wine-dark sea.

I think AI is more likely to build the Allied governments because it senselessly expands into areas a human player wouldn't. I've seen proper government buildings in appropriate regions.

Question:
    Do the Boii have a reform event like the Aediu/Arverni? If not, why?

I have noticed a problem with the text that appear when you hover over traits... I hovered over Ptolemaios' biography trait to read it, and the upper part of it was off screen:

I hope you can fix this for the next release.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Looks like the text is simply too long? Otherwise try scrolling the trait list a bit up until the biography is the top most entry and try then - that might default it to display below the entry instead of above as it is in the pic.

Can I get some more feedback on the AI regarding:
    -army compositions
    -recruitment and use of navies
    -government building choices - are we seeing lots of Allied Oligarchies, for example?
    In my latest (2.04a Sweboz) campaign:

1) Army recruitment seems good to me. I didn't run into a single all-skirmisher stack. Of course, the AI doesn't really retrain its units, so there were many battles against "full" stacks in which the majority of the AI units were at less than 1/3 strength, but as far as composition went they were pretty well balanced between skirmishers, infantry, and cavalry.

2) Playing as Germany, I didn't see much in the way of naval usage in my vicinity. However, peeking around the map there were some naval operations going on. The Lusotann invaded Brittany, while the Pritanoi invaded Belgium. Because the Aedui and Boii conquered most of Cisalpine Gaul, the Romans sent a full stack to Spain via the sea. And later in the game, once KH had conquered all of Macedon and Epirus, they began spamming ships like crazy - they had six or seven fleets sitting around, "supporting" their attack on Ephesus. Of course, there were no Ptolemy or Seleucid fleets in sight, though whether this was because none were built or because all were destroyed I couldn't say.

3) The Aedui and Boii seemed to be building a lot of allied governments, even in places where they could theoretically have built factional governments. For what it's worth, KH actually managed to build the Congress in my latest campaign; I got a notification around Turn 140.

Quote Originally Posted by inforc View Post
    Do the Boii have a reform event like the Aediu/Arverni? If not, why?
    As far as I know, none of the Continental Celtic factions currently have their reforms implemented. Pritanoi can do some reform stuff, but Aedui/Arverni/Boii reforms are not in the game yet.

delra's Avatar Praepositus

We can go down to smaller AI fleets. AI builds more ships but still uses them separately, never merges into larger fleets. So the original issue was not resolved, while new problems with random DOWs were introduced.

I have the same problem with long walls of text being unreadable.

I am still playing older version than this. 2.03h to be exact, and I would like to know how to install the new one? Do I just install it like normal and I don't need a clean 2.01 version to install to?

Quote Originally Posted by Merovingi View Post
    I have the same problem with long walls of text being unreadable.

I am still playing older version than this. 2.03h to be exact, and I would like to know how to install the new one? Do I just install it like normal and I don't need a clean 2.01 version to install to?
    Just copy the files over the top.

Biarchus

Just follow the instructions on the first page of this thread. Just copy this one over your 2.03h. It's dead simple, even I figured it out....

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Looks like the text is simply too long? Otherwise try scrolling the trait list a bit up until the biography is the top most entry and try then - that might default it to display below the entry instead of above as it is in the pic.
    That was the first thing I tried to do. It didn't work, the text still displayed above the trait.

What did your error log say?
    It said "Medieval 2 Total War encountered an unspecified error and must now exit". I use Steam. Also, if I try to attack a Seleucid army to initiate war, as soon as I click the "fight on the battle map" or "auto-resolve" option, the error occurs. I found that if I decline tribute one year and pay tribute the next year (since if I don't pay tribute my game crashes), the option to pay or decline tribute comes up again right after I pay tribute, on the same turn. This time, I am able to decline to pay tribute, but if I attack the Seleucids, my game still crashes. Hope this info helps, and thanks for this wonderful mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Royalflush21 View Post
    It said "Medieval 2 Total War encountered an unspecified error and must now exit". I use Steam. Also, if I try to attack a Seleucid army to initiate war, as soon as I click the "fight on the battle map" or "auto-resolve" option, the error occurs. I found that if I decline tribute one year and pay tribute the next year (since if I don't pay tribute my game crashes), the option to pay or decline tribute comes up again right after I pay tribute, on the same turn. This time, I am able to decline to pay tribute, but if I attack the Seleucids, my game still crashes. Hope this info helps, and thanks for this wonderful mod!
    Not the last line, that tells me nothing; the last 20 or so lines, any that have "error" on them. Better yet, zip up the whole file and post it as an attachment.

Playing the Lugia campaign, the Field of Games building has an error as its description. Also, I made Pella and Thermon have a Hellenistic Metropolis, and I changed Ephesus' to a Hellenistic Polis. This was done because it does not make sense for a Large Town to have a Hellenistic Metropolis, whereas Pella and Thermon are Cities, and have the necessary rel_h and population for a Hellenistic Metropolis.

Not the last line, that tells me nothing; the last 20 or so lines, any that have "error" on them. Better yet, zip up the whole file and post it as an attachment.
    I've never zipped a total war save game before so here goes nothing. If I didn't do it right, could you please tell me how to zip the save file correctly? Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files