Thread: Europa Barbarorum 2.08e is released!

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.06c is released!

Can't Taksashilans build strategic fortification building? Trying to impose direct rule outside of India. Read somewhere strategic fortification and farm lvl 2 are required to build indigenous outposts.
    LVL 2 Farming is Small scale farming
    Strategic Fortifications/Road Garrison is available in Direct Mauryan Government. To build them outside of India you will need to challenge Asoka first and become independent. I don't know if they are available in Semi-Autonomous Viceroyalty.
    There must be NO Hellenistic expansion except for Minor Hellenistic Polis

If you have already done these, then I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by svramj View Post
    -Not able to set Kshatrya Arya Rata chariots to skirmish mode. They get destroyed by cavalry in few seconds in close combat. Would be nice to have skirmish mode available and defaulted.
    They should be able to skirmish; they have the missile class and don't have cannot_skirmish. I'll have to investigate some more.

-Most Taksashilan FMs run low on loyalty compared to AI and/or when playing as other factions.
    The AI gets some sort of hardcoded bonus to loyalty as far as I can see, so it isn't a meaningful comparison point.

I don't see that the starting FMs have any lower spread of loyalty than other factions - I see 3s and 4s, which is usual.

-Can't Taksashilans build strategic fortification building? Trying to impose direct rule outside of India. Read somewhere strategic fortification and farm lvl 2 are required to build indigenous outposts. Can you check this too?
    Strategic Fortifications do indeed need farms_two and Mauryan Direct Government or higher. As mentioned, the only bar on eastcols is the presence of Hellenistic colony/polis buildings.

Where are you having trouble building one?

Kshatrya Arya Rata, are a bit slow to move and react so cavalry can easily catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantaprey View Post
    Kshatrya Arya Rata, are a bit slow to move and react so cavalry can easily catch up.
    They're currently statted similar to the (heavy) scythed chariots - which may be the source of the issue. Or at least different to the light British chariots.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Strategic Fortifications do indeed need farms_two and Mauryan Direct Government or higher. As mentioned, the only bar on eastcols is the presence of Hellenistic colony/polis buildings.

Where are you having trouble building one?
    Orthaspana the settlement to the west of Taksashila

2.06 pontos, all my general units have funky looking units, missing heads, or horse parts etc.

I had to fast forward, click end turn, about 40 times in a row at the beginning of the game to make up my big debt i incurred while sieging the nearest city to the north

seleukid keep landing stacks of troops north of byzantion and marching them through my territory back to their territory in southern asia minor. They never attack (ceasefire) but keeplanding troops every few turns. The troops are coming from a boat that comes up from southern asia minor.

Orthaspana the settlement to the west of Taksashila
    How big is it currently? Minimum settlement size for roads_garrison is town (ie 2000 households - and have upgraded the walls). It starts with 1620, so too small.

Quote Originally Posted by madmatg View Post
    2.06 pontos, all my general units have funky looking units, missing heads, or horse parts etc.

I had to fast forward, click end turn, about 40 times in a row at the beginning of the game to make up my big debt i incurred while sieging the nearest city to the north

seleukid keep landing stacks of troops north of byzantion and marching them through my territory back to their territory in southern asia minor. They never attack (ceasefire) but keeplanding troops every few turns. The troops are coming from a boat that comes up from southern asia minor.
    Not had any reports about graphical errors with generals before; can you screenshot them?

Sinope is a bad first choice of target for Pontos; it's well-defended and there are softer targets like Trapezous around. Did you disband any of your army after taking it?

That's strange. Where does the boat start from - are they coming from Asia Minor or Syria?

How big is it currently? Minimum settlement size for roads_garrison is town (ie 2000 households - and have upgraded the walls). It starts with 1620, so too small.
    Cool, then that's the thing, not enough population reached. And by building these we're supposed to be able to recruit local units right? ones that are otherwise available on allied gov types?

I don't see that the starting FMs have any lower spread of loyalty than other factions - I see 3s and 4s, which is usual.
    Sending the FM with 3 loyalty points named Yajnasena Paurava I guess with his army to siege Sagala joined the rebels with his army very next turn. Made it very hard in the beginning
    Last edited by svramj; November 18, 2015 at 06:09 AM.

Cool, then that's the thing, not enough population reached. And by building these we're supposed to be able to recruit local units right? ones that are otherwise available on allied gov types?
    Glad that's sorted out.

No; Native Colonies don't give the same units as the Allied Governments - they only give professional-grade troops, not levies. Allied Governments give a balance that skews towards levies that are easily put under arms. The Native Colony is for serious warriors, some of whom come from neighbouring regions rather than the local area.

Sending the FM with 3 loyalty points named Yajnasena Paurava I guess with his army to siege Sagala joined the rebels with his army very next turn. Made it very hard in the beginning
    The Heir is pretty loyal; best leave the other guy with the faction leader until he increases in Loyalty.

svramj, have you found this thread yet? It can also help with sorting out the options, though it may be slightly out of date for some factions due to 2.06c. It will be updated very soon, I'm sure:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...s-and-Colonies

The OP is all you need.

It also sounds like you just had a bad dice roll on that general turning rebel. I've never had that happen to me before.

Don't know if this is relevant but my campaign still says 2.06b even though I`v pasted c into my folder. Im playing Bosphoros greeks and the mines look fine, I`v got saurmatian BG units and for the first time in a while I had a 25 yr old suitor who was sharp/energetic/ charismatic.
    However while besieging Chersonesos ?, there was no video when I broke thru the walls/gates. Though I got a gate captured pop up when mytroops went thru the gate. Also the enemy never bothered to defend their walls/ gate. They all retreated to the town square and waited their in a solid mass.

Yes, I forgot to update the version number when I was rushing to get 2.06c completed last night. If the folder is "c" then it's still the updated one.

No idea about videos, we haven't touched anything multimedia-related.

hi guys...

just some feedback on update..

playing as pergamon h/m
    150 turns in, and the ai is overwhelmingly passive, with only 3 factions moving.
    arch selucai has taken 4 province's, 2 of Egypt, and 2 in the north, and has at least 7 full stacks just wandering around
    Macedonia has killed of epserote and kh on mainland Greece. (that is an improvement) and again has 7 full stacks just standing about.
    rome has taken sisaly, apart from Syracuse and has again 7 stacks..

every other faction, has at least 3 full stacks, but are doing absolutely nothing...

on a plus note, not 1 ctd....

Quote Originally Posted by jamminj View Post
    hi guys...

just some feedback on update..

playing as pergamon h/m
    150 turns in, and the ai is overwhelmingly passive, with only 3 factions moving.
    arch selucai has taken 4 province's, 2 of Egypt, and 2 in the north, and has at least 7 full stacks just wandering around
    Macedonia has killed of epserote and kh on mainland Greece. (that is an improvement) and again has 7 full stacks just standing about.
    rome has taken sisaly, apart from Syracuse and has again 7 stacks..

every other faction, has at least 3 full stacks, but are doing absolutely nothing...

on a plus note, not 1 ctd....
    What version are you playing?

206c

on turn 196, haysadan finally declared war on arch selucia, only to be wiped out 8 turns later..

I don't know how to take a screenshot..

rome has stacked 6 armies on Sicily, by the volcano..

and Macedonia has moved all its armies around korthinus..

every other faction has done nothing... and I mean nothing..

I like the slow game, but this is really slow..

I have 375000 gold, I cant spend it..

I could make armies, but I would just steamroll the map.

clone's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by jamminj View Post
    206c

on turn 196, haysadan finally declared war on arch selucia, only to be wiped out 8 turns later..

I don't know how to take a screenshot..

rome has stacked 6 armies on Sicily, by the volcano..

and Macedonia has moved all its armies around korthinus..

every other faction has done nothing... and I mean nothing..

I like the slow game, but this is really slow..

I have 375000 gold, I cant spend it..

I could make armies, but I would just steamroll the map.
    dlv has a good system for this
    every watchtower has an upkeep of 200
    when your family members are in enemy teritory they cost 500 for supplies and equipment
    every city has upkeep. huge city xxx ,large city xx, city x.....
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    dlv has a good system for this
    every watchtower has an upkeep of 200
    when your family members are in enemy teritory they cost 500 for supplies and equipment
    every city has upkeep. huge city xxx ,large city xx, city x.....
    indeed, almost every move a player makes has a bill attached to it. you also get inflation if the treasury goes above certain level preventing steamrolling beyond certain expansion point. a challenging and very rewarding gameplay that keeps you constantly involved and rarely gets to the point when the sheer amount of cash you make ruins the game.

Bosphoros greeks 2.06c H/M. Iv only played 43 turns but I havnt noticed the CAi to be too passive. While there is little movement, things have happened. Epirus made peace with the greeks very early on The greeks are on the defencive with Macedonia. Rome has took south Italy while Pergamon has Epheseus. Rome has recently declared war on Carthage and the A.S. on the Nabateans.

Sabaean recruitment needs a proper tidying up - there will be a 2.06d...

bosphoros greeks 2.06c H/M. Iv conquered Kutatisi and Mtskhetra and checked the building browser to see what I needed to build the mines there. The pre-requisite for strategic fortifications is closely allied oligarchy. Which in turn needs a large city. Is this right?