Thread: Europa Barbarorum 2.08e is released!

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.04d is released!

Quote Originally Posted by jim600 View Post
    How can I tell which version of this mod I`m on- all I can see is v1.05

Thanks
    It's on the "start new campaign" option when you click Single Player.

Well this is taking longer than I'd hoped. I've now done everything that supports my revision to Celtic recruitment, but the changes in the EDB. Also thrown in a review of Rebel Celtic garrisons in the process.

What a troll Quintus! Just as I installed EB on my other PC and patiently awaited all day to play it with the new patch!

Quote Originally Posted by HarkonRules View Post
    What a troll Quintus! Just as I installed EB on my other PC and patiently awaited all day to play it with the new patch!
    Haha, sorry. I'm changing the Migration and Confed government buildings for all three Celtic factions (Aedui, Arverni, Boii) - it's a copy+paste once I do one, but it needs some thought. Especially the Migration, which I'm going to turn into one with regional pools, like the Hellenistic Native Administration/Supervised Native Administration. I also need to alter the hidden_resource combinations on the Allied Government buildings.

Upshot will be more regionalised recruitment in all of them, and a lot more cavalry available.

Progress update: Allied Government pools for Celtic, along with Landa Skordiskoii/Odrysai are now done. No more unrecruitable hole in Tylis!

Also corrected an error in Massalia, where Hoplitai would never appear in Allied Democracies (they'd double up in Emporion, instead...).

EDIT: Confederations done, now the pain of the Migration governments...

EDIT2: Hmmm, think I need to review the Leusitane and Arevaci governments while I'm at it, since they're similar in structure. This may take a little longer.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; September 06, 2015 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Progress update: Allied Government pools for Celtic, along with Landa Skordiskoii/Odrysai are now done. No more unrecruitable hole in Tylis!

Also corrected an error in Massalia, where Hoplitai would never appear in Allied Democracies (they'd double up in Emporion, instead...).

EDIT: Confederations done, now the pain of the Migration governments...

Thanks for you're efforts Quintus, looks like painstaking work!

EDIT2: Hmmm, think I need to review the Leusitane and Arevaci governments while I'm at it, since they're similar in structure. This may take a little longer.
    Thanks for you're efforts Quintus. Looks like painstaking stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by charlieh View Post
    Thanks for you're efforts Quintus. Looks like painstaking stuff!
    Just had another go round the govslave (ie Rebel recruitment) as well, they've now got more options and more generally. Which should hopefully improve their viability.

The Confederation buildings are relatively straightforward to do; it's the Migration that's taking the time. Since it now has a collection of regional pools. EDIT: Redone the Leusitane and Arevaci Confed governments, I'll do the Migration for all five in one hit. EDIT2: You know how when you change one thing, then look at something else and think that needs revising too - Getai government buildings also use this structure. And also provide an alternative model for the Migration.

Otherwise, we're just looking at a wrinkle that's appeared in the newest BAI.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; September 07, 2015 at 11:43 AM.

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.04e is released!

Changelist for 2.04e:
    • Updated colonisation script.
    • After consultation with historians, Pergamene fleet removed - they did not have a standing navy.
    • Taksashila (and India) switched from Urban Tribal to Eastern Imperial "religion".
    • Alterations to morale of Celtic veteran/elite troops. Increased size of Drutonedammoi.
    • Revised Celtic and Celto-Thracian Allied Government pools, and corrected mistake in Massalia pool.
    • Updated Rebel recruitment to be slightly broader and more generous.
    • Revised recruitment in Migration and Confederation governments for Aedui, Arverni, Boii, Getai, Leusitane and Arevaci.
    • Hordes reduced in size and durability.
    • BAI and CAI updates.

That might appear a short list of changes, but many of them are pretty significant updates. One thing I missed on the list - a review of Celtic Rebel garrisons.

awesome!

Hopefully, the "barbarian" factions will now feel like they've had a bit of love, since most of the changes to recruitment have been for the settled factions.

Be interested to get feedback on them, too.

Thanks Quintus. The mechanisms have come on so much since the first release. I now consider this mod to have the most well considered mechanics in any total war mod. Thank you.

ASPGolan's Avatar Civis

Meh, I'm still holding off for the autumn release. It doesn't mean that this new update isn't appreciated, though .

Quote Originally Posted by ASPGolan View Post
    Meh, I'm still holding off for the autumn release. It doesn't mean that this new update isn't appreciated, though .

Yes, it surely is. Very much so.

Playing the newest version e I am pretty consistently getting a CTD every 3-4 turns when it gets to KH turn, I'm playing as romans

Quote Originally Posted by madmatg View Post
    Playing the newest version e I am pretty consistently getting a CTD every 3-4 turns when it gets to KH turn, I'm playing as romans
    What does your log say?

carthage 2.04e h/m . played 40 odd turns, no noticeable bugs but I have a question on hordes.
    Iv pinned down massallyia down to its last settlement with the last 2 fm`s in it(obviously leader and heir), I fight it out and slay both fm`s and continue fighting to almost their last man(it ends when they have 1 man left). So I destroyed them as a faction, yes?
    No, they horde up.
    Can hording factions be killed in battle or only by assassins? This is really annoying me as this has been a problem for what seems like ages. In my experience so far, horde factions can only be wiped out by assassins and that's just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ribtickler View Post
    carthage 2.04e h/m . played 40 odd turns, no noticeable bugs but I have a question on hordes.
    Iv pinned down massallyia down to its last settlement with the last 2 fm`s in it(obviously leader and heir), I fight it out and slay both fm`s and continue fighting to almost their last man(it ends when they have 1 man left). So I destroyed them as a faction, yes?
    No, they horde up.
    Can hording factions be killed in battle or only by assassins? This is really annoying me as this has been a problem for what seems like ages. In my experience so far, horde factions can only be wiped out by assassins and that's just wrong.
    Hordes should be a decreasing spiral, if that makes sense, while they can do it more than once, it should be smaller each time and they'll eventually die. It should also be much less egregious than it was before - their minimum size is smaller and it's harder for them to reach maximum size.

Has anyone noticed if it takes less time between turns when a faction turns horde?

What's your experience of Carthage been so far? They've had some major changes to their infrastructure (addition of ports and markets to some starting settlements that were missing it) and recruitment (complete revision of most of their troop-recruiting buildings, additions to their main merc pool). Did you play Carthage in 2.01 or any of the earlier test iterations? Also, how has your experience of the two Iberian factions been?

Does anyone have feedback on the five "barbarian" factions I've altered the recruitment of? Are Celtic factions recruiting more cavalry now?

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Has anyone noticed if it takes less time between turns when a faction turns horde?
    I have noticed. After the first or second time a nation horde's, they almost make no difference on the turn time. The last time I played as Rome, Carthage made Massillya horde several(4 or 5) times. The first time was a good 10 or 15 minute turn time. After the 2nd time, I couldn't make any discernible difference in turn times. A notice would pop up saying they had horded but my turn time was just the typical 1 or 2 minutes.

In my carthage campaign, the economy is noticeably better.In the years spent chasing the Massyllians from settlement to settlement I could afford an army and expand economically. The `horde` was actually more like a rabble(compared to previous hordes), 1 full stack and a stack with only 2 units. Which took 2 minutes to hoard. This minor horde is now being a pain meandering around my northern coasts.(Hopefully to be destroyed a 2nd time as they`ve made a mistake of besieging one of my settlements, allowing my chasing force to catch up).

edit. the Massyllians only horded once, and was destroyed a final time on turn 69.
    Last edited by Ribtickler; September 10, 2015 at 12:57 PM.

unit compositions at turn 100 2.04e

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Massyli -1 urban admin

Lusotanan - 1confed, 2 allied gov

Aruernoi - 1 protect 4confed

Aedui - 4confed 2 allied gov

Boii - 3confed 3 allied gov

Qarthadast - 4 ally capitols 4 ally colonies 12 allied gov

I'm playing as the Bosphorans. ill post the experience latter unless its urgent
    Last edited by Mantaprey; September 11, 2015 at 12:40 AM.