Page 21 of 213 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930314671121 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum 2.08e is released!

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.03 is released!

Thank you for 2.03! I will give it a try this afternoon.

Antioco III's Avatar Libertus

If i started a campaign with 2.02c, can i update to 2.03 without having to start a brand new campaign? Thanks and keep up your amazing work

Quote Originally Posted by Antioco III View Post
    If i started a campaign with 2.02c, can i update to 2.03 without having to start a brand new campaign?
    As QuintusSertorius stated just a few posts ago: "As always, not savegame compatible"

Thank's for the update! Will test it out asap!

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Quote Originally Posted by Antioco III View Post
    If i started a campaign with 2.02c, can i update to 2.03 without having to start a brand new campaign? Thanks and keep up your amazing work
    Nop, every new version is not save game compatible.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Thank you for the good and intense work! I'm looking foreward to try out the new version and give feedback. One Question: Can this be simply installed over 2.02c (without other mods) or do I have to reinstall from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by QKuhlmann View Post
    Thank you for the good and intense work! I'm looking foreward to try out the new version and give feedback. One Question: Can this be simply installed over 2.02c (without other mods) or do I have to reinstall from scratch.
    Install over 2.02c - all the old files will be overwritten.

I just saw an enemy general start chasing my skirmisher cavalry ...only to turn back once he ran them off a reasonable distance! Wow!

Just... no... I can't... I'm in a middle of my exams session... what have you done...

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates

It seems you changed the 2.02c thread to 2.03? I think the changelog is 2.02c's... or if you added to it I don't know what's added.

In other words, what changed in 2.03?

Everyone who had talked to me (8 factions so far in turn 9) has asked for an alliance and Carthage seems to be getting the same thing. This is all the western Europe facings except Carthage as well as the kh and macs and 3-4 eastern countries.

Ok, quick feedback after 25 turns in Bactria-Campaign:
    - Vassal script with Seleukids seems to work properly: Every year they demand 3K. If you don't pay once, the get angry, don't pay twice and they declare war.
    - Progress of AI-Factions against eloitheroi seems to be much improved. About half of the factions expanded. But its too early to say something particular about that.
    - One issue are the multiple alliances between AI-Factions all over the world: AI-Factions seem to get Alliances with eachother much too easy. For instance: After about ten turns, Rome had 11 Allies. (In round 20 they broke up with six of them at once) Nearly every turn from 2 to 6 Nations ally with eachother. Also, for me as player-controlled bactria, I asked Takashila for an alliance, and despite our "terrible" realtions they simply accepted. I think, you should definetely look over this.
    - Rome proceeded quickly too: Took Rhegion and Messalia and threatens Tarentum.

By the way: My first baktria campaign with EB2: Very beautiful!!
    Thanks again for the amount of work you put inside this mod!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Simpelicity View Post
    It seems you changed the 2.02c thread to 2.03? I think the changelog is 2.02c's... or if you added to it I don't know what's added.

In other words, what changed in 2.03?
    The changelog has changed too. The specifically new things from 2.02c to 2.03 are:
    • Campaign AI completely reworked, AI factions will now be more aggressive towards the Rebels.
    • Campaign diplomacy tweaked, including a review of all the AI factions victory conditions.
    • All units re-costed, based on a consistent formula accounting for status, equipment, training and unit size.
    • Free upkeep reviewed for units - all units with is_peasant now have free upkeep; many non-steppe cavalry units have had it removed.
    • Defensive skill for general bodyguard cavalry standardised at 9 for all units; they are now more fragile than they were, don't leave them unattended in melee.
    • Archery attack value for Sarmatian units increased from 4 to 6; ammunition for all horse archers increased from 25 to 40.
    • Frighten_foot removed from the vast majority of units (mostly heavy cavalry), which should reduce the incidence of mass routs. Now only elephants, scythed chariots, Gaisatoi and Drapanai have it.
    • Armour upgrades enabled for those units which already have updates to their skins.
    • Free upkeep slots added to the numidia2, pontos4, hay_caucas and helcol_one buildings.
    • More tweaking of phalangites. Mercenary Phalangitai have had their stats downgraded and Machimoi Phalangitai are no longer a mercenary unit, and don't become available unit the ThureosReform event.
    • Mercenary pools reviewed and amended. Gaisatoi and Liby-Phoenician Cavalry no longer mercenaries, Celts (Galatian placeholders) added to Anatolia.
    • All reform events reviewed and their closing monitors fixed. Similarly colony systems have all been reviewed.
    • Scorpions now recruitable by Rome and Carthage.
    • Rebel armies spawning as bandits amended to remove post-reform units.
    • Text and user interface legibility change included, courtesy of Tux.
    • Faction colour scheme amended for better colour contrast on the minimap.

Quote Originally Posted by madmatg View Post
    Everyone who had talked to me (8 factions so far in turn 9) has asked for an alliance and Carthage seems to be getting the same thing. This is all the western Europe facings except Carthage as well as the kh and macs and 3-4 eastern countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by QKuhlmann View Post
    Ok, quick feedback after 25 turns in Bactria-Campaign:
    - Vassal script with Seleukids seems to work properly: Every year they demand 3K. If you don't pay once, the get angry, don't pay twice and they declare war.
    - Progress of AI-Factions against eloitheroi seems to be much improved. About half of the factions expanded. But its too early to say something particular about that.
    - One issue are the multiple alliances between AI-Factions all over the world: AI-Factions seem to get Alliances with eachother much too easy. For instance: After about ten turns, Rome had 11 Allies. (In round 20 they broke up with six of them at once) Nearly every turn from 2 to 6 Nations ally with eachother. Also, for me as player-controlled bactria, I asked Takashila for an alliance, and despite our "terrible" realtions they simply accepted. I think, you should definetely look over this.
    - Rome proceeded quickly too: Took Rhegion and Messalia and threatens Tarentum.

By the way: My first baktria campaign with EB2: Very beautiful!!
    Thanks again for the amount of work you put inside this mod!!!
    Hmmmm, looks like diplomacy has gone too far over the other way. What difficulty setting are you two playing on - is this Medium campaign difficulty or Hard?

In any case, I'll get z3n on it.

Slightly annoyed Rome has managed to take Massalia so early in your game, before taking Taras, I may have to increase the garrison there further still.

I play on Hard Campaign and Medium Battle difficulty.

Thank you Quintus

Guess I have to look over the reforms again.

started new 2.03 Hayastan campaign. the faction screen says it is 273 instead of 272. upon pressing start campaign it is indeed winter 273 but snow isnt really there (well it sort of was but after moving camera around campiang map it disappeared). also, FMs' trait says it is spring (garun).

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    started new 2.03 Hayastan campaign. the faction screen says it is 273 instead of 272. upon pressing start campaign it is indeed winter 273 but snow isnt really there (well it sort of was but after moving camera around campiang map it disappeared). also, FMs' trait says it is spring (garun).
    The seasons tracker doesn't work properly if you start the game in summer, as it did before in summer 272BC, it took six turns to get to 271BC. So we rolled it back to winter 273BC. When you click end turn, it should be spring 272BC.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    The seasons tracker doesn't work properly if you start the game in summer (as it did before), so we rolled it back to winter 273. When you click end turn, it should be spring 272.
    it was but then after the following winter it jump straight into summer skipping spring. trait still says garun (spring)
    btw, didnt the game start in spring 272 not the summer 272? or the engine only recognises summer and winter?

it was but then after the following winter it jump straight into summer skipping spring. trait still says garun (spring)
    btw, didnt the game start in spring 272 not the summer 272? or the engine only recognises summer and winter?
    It started in summer 272BC before - the game only recognises summer or winter at the start, because the original game only had two seasons, not four.

something isnt right with the seasons: spring summer transition. having second summer (back to back) in 272. the trait changed from Garun to Amar (summer) correctly. the icon in the mini map left bottom corner of the screen said summer where it should have said spring.

also have a look at the unit speeds. upon ordering to charge they seems to go into a slow motion. same with pursuit and rout. and rebels rout almost instantaneously, some units even before the contact (although i did kill their general).

something isnt right with the seasons: spring summer transition. having second summer (back to back) in 272. the trait changed from Garun to Amar (summer) correctly. the icon in the mini map left bottom corner of the screen said summer where it should have said spring.
    There are only two season icons: summer - which is used for spring, summer and autumn, and winter. So ignore that, the only accurate indicator of the season is the trait. Is that turning over correctly?

also have a look at the unit speeds. upon ordering to charge they seems to go into a slow motion. same with pursuit and rout. and rebels rout almost instantaneously, some units even before the contact (although i did kill their general).
    Unit speeds have been thoroughly reviewed and tested. Which units specifically are you observing? What you're describing doesn't sound like a speed issue, but a cohesion issue.

If you killed their general, that will have a pretty instant negative effect on morale. Were they led by a captain or a named character?
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; June 05, 2015 at 12:23 PM.