Thread: Europa Barbarorum 2.08e is released!

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.04f is released!

just a quick thing, I started a new campaign as epeiros ( I got wiped out by the selucids on my parthian campaign when they betrayed be with 1 full stack and 2 2/2 3 stacks). All seems to be going well but when I go to build farms in my north western city (next to illyria) the loss of money due to destruction is shown as increasing by 250 but the money earned though farming would only increase by 150. This seems to be highly unrealistic. I realise this is probably due to the original game mechanics but I thought I would let you know. I haven't taken any where yet of a different culture so can't comment on that.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Yeah you have to be careful with the parthians.
    I was following the historians advice/layout for faction relations and goals when designing those AI interactions between the two.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

No complaints on my part, I enjoyed my very short lived campaign and it has been a long time since a campaign of mine went that badly in m2tw. Epeiros seems easier and I'll practice a bit more with them and other nations before heading back east after the autumn release.

Quote Originally Posted by sigurdr View Post
    No complaints on my part, I enjoyed my very short lived campaign and it has been a long time since a campaign of mine went that badly in m2tw. Epeiros seems easier and I'll practice a bit more with them and other nations before heading back east after the autumn release.
    It won't stay that way, necessarily, but pre-autumn-release, the easiest way to start with Epeiros is to go north first. Try to avoid getting too entangled in Greece, and focus on Illyria instead. That gives you a solid base to then go west into Magna Graecia, or east into Hellas.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    It won't stay that way, necessarily, but pre-autumn-release, the easiest way to start with Epeiros is to go north first. Try to avoid getting too entangled in Greece, and focus on Illyria instead. That gives you a solid base to then go west into Magna Graecia, or east into Hellas.
    Real men set sail for Syracuse and usurp it, and start building a new Epeiros from there!

Quote Originally Posted by HarkonRules View Post
    Real men set sail for Syracuse and usurp it, and start building a new Epeiros from there!
    That's what Pyrrhos would do, though he'd already been king of Syrakousai and might find the prospect of being king again rather boring. Certainly less interesting than taking the throne.

A few quick notes on my recent campaigns on 2.04f: Aedilis Cvrvlis does not grant Imperium, despite the tool tip saying the opposite (I don't know enough do say which is correct). Makedonia seems to be doing well, and Carthage is being aggressive. The diplomatic alliances are logical. The Bosphorus are heading west, which was interesting.

Assassin spam is still very annoying, as are the negative, paranoid attributes to all of my family members that are plagued by it (I think most of my family members are "a little paranoid" or crazy now). Also, and mistake by my own assassins or diplomats make them permanently gain negative attributes that make them very undesirable. Any plans on limiting these negative traits? Tactless diplomats because another faction doesn't accept balanced or generous proposals, or assassins that become worthless because the off chance that they miss an equally worthless assassin from the assassin spamming AI is pretty annoying.

H/H difficulty seems best at the moment. Accept for some horrible casualties (twice as many casualties taken as received on even or favorable engagements regarding units types), the battles are great (except the sieges or sallies, which I know can't be helped: a true travesty). Also, in my Romani campaign, I had the northern Gaul stacks attack me (and kill a family member)...a good wrinkle. I like the change in devastation, though I haven't tried the Sweboz again to see the effect on them. Epeiros is still quite passive.

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.04g is released!

Changelist for 2.04g:
    • Update to Lugian and Getai recruitment. Adjustment to first Sauromatian government building.
    • Cleaned up overlapping recruitment in eastern Balkans.
    • Alteration of Bosporan government buildings - no more Hellenistic troops (barring the top tier). Small changes to Pontos recruitment.
    • Removal of Pontikoi Doryphoroi from Anatolian recruitment - they're a unit from the northern Euxine shore, not the southern.
    • Increased size (and cost) of Toutanakoi and reduced cost of Katioi.
    • Addition of new early assistance money script.
    • Increased recruit_offset_priority of ships slightly. Increased that of javelineers slightly, to make them more favoured than archers/slingers.
    • CAI and pathfinding updates.
    • Added Kombarogoues unit card to slave folder to prevent CTDs.

Make the "town square" in minor settlement visible please, it's as silly as the R2TW's early "capture the flag" field battle. Defending an invisible square or lose in 3 minutes/capture an invisible square and win despite of surrounded by waves of enemy units is realistic or historical accurate? Let minor settlement battle be either field battle or siege, it cannot be both.

Its impossible to make them a normal field battle, and it doesnt makes sense to make them a normal siege since the reason they added them was to make it that the game was less about sieges...

Best choice for me is just to take away all the minor settlements really. Its even worse that the AI will sometimes lock their armies in a few minor settlements and do nothing even if you capture and hold the city 3 tiles next to it for the whole game.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Minor settlement battles will be converted to 'camp battles', basically an assault on an unwalled campsite with tents and campfires, eventually. We've still got a long way to go before implementing those properly.

A.S. h/m 2.04G . I get a ctd when I attempt to pick a candidate for the court royal appointment thing. Iv played the A.S. on several different patches and this has never happened before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ribtickler View Post
    A.S. h/m 2.04G . I get a ctd when I attempt to pick a candidate for the court royal appointment thing. Iv played the A.S. on several different patches and this has never happened before.
    Does it repeat after reloading?

Most important of all, what does your error log say? Most CTD's are accompanied by a recording of what was happening.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; September 22, 2015 at 06:19 PM.

Dumb question loaded the patch 2.04g and how do i know that version is loaded and active. 2.04f was on the campaign start menu. But 2.04g is not. Is this right.

Quote Originally Posted by general1959 View Post
    Dumb question loaded the patch 2.04g and how do i know that version is loaded and active. 2.04f was on the campaign start menu. But 2.04g is not. Is this right.
    It most certainly is on the menu. If you're not seeing it, something is wrong. Other files may not have updated, either.

Are you a Steam user? Do you have UAC active? When did you last clear your Virtualstore?

I am not a steam user. UAC is most likely not active (not sure what that is) and no idea about Virtualstore.

Yes , it repeated after re loading. there was no error log that I noticed.( I checked thru my folders.)
    It allows me to pick a successor but when the royal appointments shows the army scroll and you pick a candidate , it crashes. Iv tried different combinations to pick him, but get a crash all the time.

edit, sorry this answer was meant for Quintus (2633)
    Last edited by Ribtickler; September 23, 2015 at 03:25 AM.

Yes , it repeated after re loading. there was no error log that I noticed.( I checked thru my folders.)
    It allows me to pick a successor but when the royal appointments shows the army scroll and you pick a candidate , it crashes. Iv tried different combinations to pick him, but get a crash all the time.
    Do you have your config set up to direct it where to store the error logs (see the first post)? Without a log, besides knowing it's something in the campaign_script, we won't know exactly what the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Do you have your config set up to direct it where to store the error logs (see the first post)? Without a log, besides knowing it's something in the campaign_script, we won't know exactly what the problem is.
    It says mtw2 encountered an unspecified error and will now exit, or something to that effect.

It says mtw2 encountered an unspecified error and will now exit, or something to that effect.
    What does it say in the lines in log above that? The report that comes directly from the game on crashing isn't helpful. I need the log.

EDIT: Found the offending part of the script - it's an event_counter, but labelled a historic_event. I'll get 2.04h out shortly since it's a game-breaking bug.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; September 23, 2015 at 02:42 PM.