Thread: Europa Barbarorum 2.08e is released!

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.06 is released!

Playing as Pontos(2.06) and the native colony building gives me no troop options in Ankyra , but it gives me access to celtic troops in my capital.Is this normal?

Rib, I believe 2.06a is coming out today, and some extensive work was done with native colony buildings, so this may already be covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ribtickler View Post
    Playing as Pontos(2.06) and the native colony building gives me no troop options in Ankyra , but it gives me access to celtic troops in my capital.Is this normal?
    Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    Rib, I believe 2.06a is coming out today, and some extensive work was done with native colony buildings, so this may already be covered.
    Indeed, soon as I hear from z3n it'll be go.

Galatia doesn't have a Native Colony pool in 2.06; it does in 2.06a because it shares the Balkan Celt pool.

Quote Originally Posted by gosam View Post
    The code for these traits fires upon character selection, what you're seeing is "normal". I'm not sure yet if there's a reason to do it that way instead of the usual beginning of turn though. I'll look into it and see if it can be improved.
    That seems unwieldy and counter-intuitive. =/

No edit permissions, but I thought I'd just add that I'm now superstitious about which generals I'm allowed to select, and which order to touch them in. If I recall correctly, that gives me a +1 influence boost, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Funkmaster Rick View Post
    No edit permissions, but I thought I'd just add that I'm now superstitious about which generals I'm allowed to select, and which order to touch them in. If I recall correctly, that gives me a +1 influence boost, right?
    It's a +2 influence boost, and +1 one to naval command (doesn't show up on the UI), and it requires the FM to have 1 influence at least.
    I'm trying to see if it can be changed to turn start.

Just some final tests on an update to archers and we should be ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Just some final tests on an update to archers and we should be ready to go.
    Is it worth me staying up to wait for the release?

Quote Originally Posted by Frodge View Post
    Is it worth me staying up to wait for the release?
    I'm going to bed in an hour or so, so if it's not ready by then it'll be tomorrow morning.

Go go, archers, go Need anything tested by us to help?

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.06a is released!

Test this!

Changelist for 2.06a:
    • Eastern and Steppe Client info card replaced with one that won't cause CTDs. Steppe Client Rulers added to Parthia. Fix to silver surfer Client Rulers. Adjustment to what is available in Arabia - east now gets Iranian Clients. Fix to stop Client Rulers becoming Hegemons. Fix to recruitment in villages.
    • Replaced eastern_axeman model with one that actually has javelins - thank Sylon for that.
    • Sauromatian and Sakan early government buildings brought into line with the Pahlavan ones which are the model. This means regional recruitment options both pre- and post-reform.
    • Removed the requirement for your own army to be 1000 or more men from the Pergamon reform script.
    • Fix to the "Olympic cycle" script that was failing to fire in the case of Carthginian (and possibly Hellenistic) colonisation.
    • Removed colony-point cost of Carthaginian precursor colony. Gadir and Atiqa upgraded to carthage_polis governments.
    • Update to projectiles that was preventing archers and slingers firing properly with their new BAI.
    • Reduced Roman colonial recruitment pools.
    • Unreachable Rebel in Saka-land moved. Saka can now build Native Colonies after their reform.
    • Another rejig of the money script - moving debt relief and withdrawal of assistance above the annual bounty and adjusting for the weaker factions.
    • Major overhaul of the Hellenistic Colony - now regionalised and varied. No more Kretikoi in Afghanistan.
    • Some tweaks to Numidian government pools (numidia3 and numidia4) to give them some better options if they take Carthaginian territory. Also in Libya (using Carthaginian-Libyan units).
    • Changed relative recruit_priority_offset of Libyan Infantry and Numidian Cavalry to encourage AI-Carthage not to spam the former.
    • Changed rename of Mastia when taken by Carthage to Qart-Hadast just in case same name as the capital causes issues.
    • Added a free upkeep slot to Carthaginian Settler Colonies.
    • All Iberian cavalry (not just the skirmisher) put on ponies - the Iberian horse was quite small.
    • Relaxed the prerequisites on some infrastructure buildings so that more can be done with an Allied Government.
    • Updates to archer formations and BAI to make them usable again. Distinction between levies and more professional types - the latter can fire co-ordinated/synchronised volleys.

So this is it then? Autumn Release around the corner?

Quote Originally Posted by romanius24 View Post
    So this is it then? Autumn Release around the corner?
    Thanks, QS, z3n and others. Romanius, I think maybe if I spent a lot of time doing work to get a release ready, I wouldn't want the first thing I heard to be about all the rest of the work that still remains

I think they're both resting now, but yes, they have mentioned earlier that they mostly have what they need for it ironed out and that there shouldn't be too many more small patches before it.

The excited one's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by romanius24 View Post
    So this is it then? Christmas Release around the corner?
    corrected^ don't thank me, thank common sense and logical predictions.
    war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery......
    (george orwell 1984)

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.02 is released!

Played as Taksashila and found the following
    -military occupation description incomplete? I was not able to recruit elephants after installing direct mauryan rule but subjugation allows recruitment of elephants. Can't see why? This happened in settlement Sagala east of the Taksashila

-captured settlement Orthaspana to west of Taksashila and recruited a Iranian Clint ruler. Game CTDd after trying to read his bodyguard unit description.

Using 2.06
    Last edited by svramj; November 17, 2015 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by svramj View Post
    Played as Taksashila and found the following
    -military occupation description incomplete? I was not able to recruit elephants after installing direct mauryan rule but subjugation allows recruitment of elephants. Can't see why? This happened in settlement Sagala east of the Taksashila

-captured settlement Orthaspana to west of Taksashila and recruited a Iranian Clint ruler. Game CTDd after trying to read his bodyguard unit description.

Using 2.06
    I'll flag the description, but it isn't for these test releases to correct missing text.

Upgrade to 2.06a, faulty info cards was a known issue we've just fixed.

I'll flag the description, but it isn't for these test releases to correct missing text.

Upgrade to 2.06a, faulty info cards was a known issue we've just fixed.
    Not about the missing text. Why elephant's not available for direct mauryan government but recruitable for subjugated government types?

Not about the missing text. Why elephant's not available for direct mauryan government but recruitable for subjugated government types?
    That's an oversight. You can get armoured elephants in the Mauryan Urban Centre (top-tier post-reform government), but there's no regular elephants anywhere.

That's an oversight. You can get armoured elephants in the Mauryan Urban Centre (top-tier post-reform government), but there's no regular elephants anywhere.
    So was it done on purpose? Mauryan armies being set up around elephants and not being able to recruit them in directly governed settlements felt weird. Didn't know armored elephants being available after reforms but will be good to have regular ones before reforms.
    Last edited by svramj; November 17, 2015 at 04:17 AM.

So was it done on purpose? Mauryan armies being set up around elephants and not being able to recruit them in directly governed settlements felt weird. Didn't know I can get armored elephants though.
    No, it's an oversight, meaning something we missed. I'm discussing it with the historians now - it looks like they should be in the local_city.