Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum III preview: The new battle map enviroment

Default Re: Roma Surrectum III preview: The new battle map enviroment

Doesn't even look like RTW anymore, amazing ;D

Laetus

Will this mod be compatible with Steam once the update comes around or no?

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

I can't honestly say. I worked on it some more yesterday, but I just can't figure out how to make it work. I can get custom battles to work without settlements, and the campaign will load....but for some reason RTW\Steam refuse to be able to find any of the new building files...or any of them for that matter. I suspect I may have to restructure RS2 completely, and put all the new stuff in the original RTW packs to get it to work...in which case Steam may just choke on that as well. I'll keep trying, but it's very frustrating.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Looks great, the thing I question is this image,

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Should the tree's be that bright?...

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

It's an old screenshot and it's already fixed

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Huuwwwaatt?! For reals?!?

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

I´m not playing Rome 1 any longer, but I must say, this looks absolutely great. If I would not recognize the units in those screenshots, I´d say this is a brand new and modern game. Really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by szikelkun View Post
    I have find some mistakes on the campaign map.

I can't modding, just researching a bit about the Carpathian- Basin. ook at the lot of swamps too around the rivers)

I drawing a Carpathian- Basin picture, which is showing the correct location of bigger rivers and settlements.
    Please fix the RS2.5 campaign map! And should create new region border lines.
    An excellent point szikelkun !!!!!!!!!!!! I was long time intrigued about the Daco/Gaetia basin campaign map depicted in TW series, and see even now in RTW II again and again the same (big) errors about geography (location of rivers, cities, etc...); not to mention the scarcity of the dacian settlements, 2-3 ones on map, when historical sources give us dozens of large cities !!! I'm wondering if it is possible to make a new campaign map focused only on Carpathian area in the empire time of Burebista ! And the subject to be the forging of the dacian empire (which was really big by that era standards).
    Good job szikelkun and thanks a lot !
    Last edited by leonardusius; May 26, 2015 at 03:35 AM.

cocobongoclub-DJ's Avatar Pčre fourmois

Just WOW. can't wait to play this...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Under the Noble Patronage of Agisilaos
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...
    http://www.ancient-battles.com

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate Administrator Emeritus

This is commendable work, I really cannot wait to play.

Now, for the whining part. I usually play as Rome (1-turn, not that it matters) and the only let-down is the behaviour of Carthaginian AI. They (it) keep attacking Sardinia like the whole place is made of honey and butterscotch cakes. I did let them take Sardinia, just to see what they will do next, and they started blockading Lilybaeum. Not invading, not landing and the they took on the Ptolemies. There is a suggestion above to remove the Ai preference for naval invasion, which would lead to a war in Spain; it seems good, but I would really like to fight over Sicily. EB gives a settlement to Carthage there, but still, if they lose it, they go after Sardinia, again and again. My question is: what gives?

I wonder if there is any way to address this.

Patrician

I'm hoping to be able to address this much better in the next release. I have an idea how to make the Carthaginians much more aggressive against Roman settlements in general...just one reason I have made so many 'custom sets' in the settlement plan, because I can use them to make a Roman city look Roman forever...regardless of who takes the city. Or, make Greek cities stay Greek, or any other culture. That was one issue I always had with RTW...that in a lot of cases you had cities turning into 'Roman clone' cities when in fact they never historically did that.

Another issue I've noted for a long time is that Carthage, in particular, seems to recruit units stupidly as opposed to the Gallacei. In other words, it seems that in most cases, the troops Carthage has to face them are always of poorer quality...so they get their butts handed to them all the time. This is probably caused by a combination of the barracks system and what's in them, as far as Carthage is concerned....so I may have to ramp up what's available to them earlier on.

Still another idea I'm considering is spawning armies for Carthage...since their so inept at it for some reason.....and giving them a LOT more money. Afterall, they have to pay not only for the troops, but the ships as well to get them anywhere, so I think they need more.

@szikelkun: I'll also consider these changes, my friend. I guess it depends on how much work it will be to do it, but I'll have a look at the feasibility.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Will this be a mod for vanilla Rome 2 or for Attila (with it's extra features, like family tree and such)?

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    I'm hoping to be able to address this much better in the next release. I have an idea how to make the Carthaginians much more aggressive against Roman settlements in general...just one reason I have made so many 'custom sets' in the settlement plan, because I can use them to make a Roman city look Roman forever...regardless of who takes the city. Or, make Greek cities stay Greek, or any other culture. That was one issue I always had with RTW...that in a lot of cases you had cities turning into 'Roman clone' cities when in fact they never historically did that.

Another issue I've noted for a long time is that Carthage, in particular, seems to recruit units stupidly as opposed to the Gallacei. In other words, it seems that in most cases, the troops Carthage has to face them are always of poorer quality...so they get their butts handed to them all the time. This is probably caused by a combination of the barracks system and what's in them, as far as Carthage is concerned....so I may have to ramp up what's available to them earlier on.

Still another idea I'm considering is spawning armies for Carthage...since their so inept at it for some reason.....and giving them a LOT more money. Afterall, they have to pay not only for the troops, but the ships as well to get them anywhere, so I think they need more.

@szikelkun: I'll also consider these changes, my friend. I guess it depends on how much work it will be to do it, but I'll have a look at the feasibility.
    This would be a nice change even if you're not playing as Rome, to prevent early fast roman expansion.

SUPERB

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by anandus View Post
    Will this be a mod for vanilla Rome 2 or for Attila (with it's extra features, like family tree and such)?
    No. This is strictly an RTW\BI\Alex mod.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

neep's Avatar Tiro

Awesome

I need some new shades..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qrriKcwvlY

There we go...

Last edited by neep; May 26, 2015 at 02:24 PM.

Senator

You could have read the first post ...
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

The work is ART.

It's like (or even better) the atmosphere of Shogun2, incredible astonishing quality! No words! I repeat with RS and IBFD Mods RomeTW is still a GREAT, GREAT, GREAT GAME! THANKS!

Oh I drool with anticipation.

MARK TROTH's Avatar Libertus

Its good to see Dev that some one is still interested in Roma Surrectum II Platform, I thought that when Rome 2 came out that people would loose interest in playing RSII, good on you guys. I have played Rome 2 and don't get the same satisfaction and I don't like Steam all that much ether it seems to CTD all the time no matter what game so I hope you will keep away from it, anyway good work.
    Trothy