Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Total War: ATTILA - Assembly Kit Hotfix!

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Default Re: Total War: ATTILA - Assembly Kit Hotfix!

That wont ever happen Sander so just forget bout it. I sure did.

SamM posted on CA forums and said they are working on a patch to fix this saving problem. Should be out soon.

With todays patch (9-6-15) Now Ted crashes when I try to save a battlefield.

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    That wont ever happen Sander so just forget bout it.[...]
    Why is that? I cba to play Medieval 2 for eternity cause of that issue, srsly.

I didnt see any announcement of a patch on their forums Von Stoker? Are you sure they released their patch?

Miles

Tx for answering.

I didnt see any announcement of a patch on their forums Von Stoker? Are you sure they released their patch?
    Maybe it was a mod update? I just saw that steam downloaded a small update under Attila assembly kit. Anyway when I tried to save my custom map tile as a battlefield, my Ted crashed. Previously I normally had the Bob cant process map thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SanderP View Post
    Why is that? I cba to play Medieval 2 for eternity cause of that issue, srsly.
    Unfortunately, CA reps have already stated it would take too much time to develop a tool to mod the campaign map. Too expensive and too much manpower so its not important for CA to invest in. We can only hope for the future... but honestly I seriously doubt we will ever get a campaign map editor. CA says its technical and not because of their DLC sales but honestly that is BS. Had they wanted to they could of released a map editor or the files need to edit the map prior to release of the game. Had they developed the files or tools while developing the game it could have gone easier. CA did release the files for Shogun II which runs on a similar engine as Rome II. Logically it seems the files cannot be too different. No special tools are theoretically needed. Just the map files that allows us to mod using 3dmax. Well CA didnt have a lot of plans for Shogun II. FOTS was about it. So why not release the map tools. Sales were not that high anyway.

But with Rome II they had bigger plans. Several map DLCs and Attila plus upcoming Justinian. Were we able to mod the Rome II map we could of created an Attila campaign of our own long ago on the Rome II engine. We could of created JUstinian as well. Obviously, an enlarged map of a specific area like Caesar in Gaul is a little bit tougher to do... but creating our own campaigns on the main campaign would of been a possibility and that might of hampered DLC sales. So Sega prob ordered CA to not release any tools.

Quote Originally Posted by von stoker View Post
    Maybe it was a mod update? I just saw that steam downloaded a small update under Attila assembly kit. Anyway when I tried to save my custom map tile as a battlefield, my Ted crashed. Previously I normally had the Bob cant process map thing.
    I tried to save as battlefield because I got a update as well. Didnt get a crash but the same "cant process error". I have gotten crashes before though. I dont think they have released anything yet otherwise there would be an announcement on their forums.

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Well CA has said they are preparing new patch with TEd's fix.
    Also who said you can't have a tool for campaign map for Attila?
    Just make own campaign map tool...

I dont think anyone has the skills to make a tool to edit the campaign map. Plus wouldnt you need certain files only CA has? Or maybe these files are somewhere in the steam folder?

There is anyway with Assembly Kit to limit the campaign map? Dont add new regions, or a new map, just delete parts, I want a map focused in Eastern Roman Empire, its possible with the new tools?

You cannot add regions or change current borders so obviously you cannot remove regions. Except through devastation.

I dont think anyone has the skills to make a tool to edit the campaign map. Plus wouldnt you need certain files only CA has? Or maybe these files are somewhere in the steam folder?
    If you are skilled programmer you can create cmapaign map tool having only game and nothing more.

So, for example can i raze cities and then cover with water, o border with mountains, then the AI/Player cant take/access to these places?

No, during the gameplay you can't.

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Unfortunately, CA reps have already stated it would take too much time to develop a tool to mod the campaign map. Too expensive and too much manpower so its not important for CA to invest in. We can only hope for the future... but honestly I seriously doubt we will ever get a campaign map editor. CA says its technical and not because of their DLC sales but honestly that is BS. Had they wanted to they could of released a map editor or the files need to edit the map prior to release of the game. Had they developed the files or tools while developing the game it could have gone easier. CA did release the files for Shogun II which runs on a similar engine as Rome II. Logically it seems the files cannot be too different. No special tools are theoretically needed. Just the map files that allows us to mod using 3dmax. Well CA didnt have a lot of plans for Shogun II. FOTS was about it. So why not release the map tools. Sales were not that high anyway
    Thats . CA doesn't develop a campaign map editor because the community doesn't need a campaign map mod tool.

Of those who are screaming for campaign map tools, who experimented with the fully modable campaign map in shogun? No one? I thought so.

There were 3 guys who are/were working with the campaign map tools in shogun. Uanime, Spartan Warrior and me. Of course, CA noticed this and saw, that while the community is very good at screaming and ranting for campaign modding, it isn't able and willing to put the effort into it, to learn how to mod the campaign.
    Logical decision is to develop the tweak and unit editor tools, because thats the thing the community is using the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    Thats . CA doesn't develop a campaign map editor because the community doesn't need a campaign map mod tool.

Of those who are screaming for campaign map tools, who experimented with the fully modable campaign map in shogun? No one? I thought so.

There were 3 guys who are/were working with the campaign map tools in shogun. Uanime, Spartan Warrior and me. Of course, CA noticed this and saw, that while the community is very good at screaming and ranting for campaign modding, it isn't able and willing to put the effort into it, to learn how to mod the campaign.
    Logical decision is to develop the tweak and unit editor tools, because thats the thing the community is using the most.
    I agree. All what most part of community can do is reuse different unit parts plus reskin in "new" unit. The same thing will happen with TEd and settlements, people will just use vanilla models and change their positions and probbly edit textures but nothing new in fact.
    There should be a way to prove CA we need map tools (and Terry currently can be the only way?).

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

It has only been 3 years since s2 ted was released. All other mods in the past didnt make real professional changes for years... In time it will get modded unless the community dies off due to your attitude as a mapper apparently not caring about mapping.
    My friend and co modder anarchon made an impressive map over the course of 7/8 years of dedicated mod development stretching from ireland to sri lanka. That is the length of time it can take but it can and probably will happen.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

What would be the point if the AI cant make sea journeys?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14407213

Hardly fully moddable if something like that is omitted/hardcoded/unmoddable/inaccessible.

3ds max is hardly cheap, that alone would knock modding the campaign map on the head for a lot of people.

No offence to the Japanese people and their history, but I don't want to play a game about Japan, why should I waste my time modding a game I don't want and wouldn't want to play, let alone spend thousands of hours modding? Buying the game and spending money on 3ds max would be quite an investment for a game I don't want to say the least.

I can't find any evidence of CA making any effort with campaign map modding tools to enable custom campaign maps to be made for Empire and Napoleon TW.
    Last edited by danny X; June 21, 2015 at 05:08 PM.

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

3ds max is hardly cheap, that alone would knock modding the campaign map on the head for a lot of people.
    You can get student versions for free. Even as non-student.

No offence to the Japanese people and their history, but I don't want to play a game about Japan, why should I waste my time modding a game I don't want and wouldn't want to play, let alone spend thousands of hours modding?
    How about modding it into something else? Oh wait, too much work...

I can't find any evidence of CA making any effort with campaign map modding tools to enable custom campaign maps to be made for Empire and Napoleon TW.
    Because the games are old as . But yeah, CA missed an golden opportunity with ETW since a lot of able modders were still active. There lies back then, that they don't even use tools themselves, did a lot of damage. Today they are atleast honest and admit that developing tools is simply not worth the investment.

That's about the bottom line. Why should CA invest time, money and personnel into something that will barely be used. Reality bites, but there it is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast