Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Recommend me an anime, Sher Khan! (Version 2)

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Default Re: Recommend me an anime, Sher Khan! (Version 2)

I dunno I only read the first chapter cause everyone was talking about it.
    It is supposed to be graphic, censoring Goblin Slayer would be like censoring Berserk.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Speaking of Berserk...

Anyone watching Vinland Saga?

Totally worth it. The Anime has killer Animation, and aesthetics.

The Manga was already sick, but i think they are making great stuff with the Anime so far. ( only 3 episodes in).

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

^Does it have the Byzantine Empire?
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Patrician

Is it as good as the manga?

Been watching Dororo, adaptation from a 60's anime and manga. It is okay I guess. Weird that they would remake this old series though. I'm not even sure that it was anything close to an exact adaptation. Probably just wrote their own story which only covers a small part of the original.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Is it as good as the manga?
    Too soon to tell, only 3 episodes in. And the fourth will air in 2 weeks time. It has the potential to have better pacing then in the manga due to be an anime.
    So far the episodes are very good, blood and gore isn't censored from what i could tell. Its like Berserk reborn in that sense. And there is the Historic element we like so much.

^Does it have the Byzantine Empire?

I haven't read for a while as the manga is still ongoing, but my guess is yes it will have an arc there that will pass in Constantinople, at least the last arc that i read hinted at that. Although there is still Kievan Rus lands to go trough so it might take while still.
    But short answer not yet in the manga. I assume it will take a long time to be showed in the Anime. But everyone in the community is eager to see Greece and the Byzantines. And the Varangian guards.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; July 13, 2019 at 11:47 AM.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Na, it would end at the beginning of farmland saga.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Oda have you watched Kimetsu no yaiba? ( Demon Slayer) You might like it. The art is also Gorgeous.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Oda have you watched Kimetsu no yaiba? ( Demon Slayer) You might like it. The art is also Gorgeous.
    No I haven't. I have heard about it but I have too many shows to watch as it is. Also been really busy with real life.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

I am not sure if I must say this. I am really conflicted and worried about the stunning revelation I am going to make, so I will make it very short:

I am watching a comedy anime called "Love Lab", about a small group of girls that try to find ways to make men fall in love with them. To my deep shame, I like it very much. It is damn funny and it is certainly not as stupid as the title or the synopsis you would read would make you think.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I am not sure if I must say this. I am really conflicted and worried about the stunning revelation I am going to make, so I will make it very short:

I am watching a comedy anime called "Love Lab", about a small group of girls that try to find ways to make men fall in love with them. To my deep shame, I like it very much. It is damn funny and it is certainly not as stupid as the title or the synopsis you would read would make you think.
    Welcome to the dark side.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Not a huge fan of of genera - but my son and daughter are. As such my daughter talked me into Kill la Kill as so over the top to be a huge bit of fun to wind down the day (in return for Doctor Strange Love and The Thing by Carpenter). Second hand both of them are addicted to One Piece which means due where our computers are located (very very far from wife's home office - read basement) so I am always listening sort of or stopping to watch also. I also get constant recaps about both the anime and the books. Overall I say both are fun. Don't know if either have come up I really don't have the time to scan the whole thread. In case both are rather fun. Although I will admit I had to listen to 60 minutes priase to Oda from my son before I wrote this. But One Piece seem a bit like an investment for life given its scope.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Henlo everyone here. I have to admit, this genre is not my forte, however, it has romantically been suggested to me I could benefit from finding a good anime. The only "good" anime I have to reference is Hunter x Hunter. What should I recommend beyond this to watch? (I did like Hunterx)

Patrician

Hunter x Hunter is a Shonen genre. Which basically means it is a battle series with the target audience being young boys and teenage boys. I personally don't like Hunter x Hunter but maybe you will enjoy Yu Yu Hakusho, which is that writer's earlier work. If battle genre interests you then also try Fist of the North Star and Dragon Ball, although they are pretty old. In which case definitely try Berserk, which is a really gritty dark fantasy medieval setting but since there were no new seasons the story doesn't end... and it has been almost 30 years.

If you want new stuff try One Punch Man, a personal favorite of mine. People really like Attack on Titan but I've never seen it. You might like Goblin Slayer as well, I thought it was decent. Kill la Kill is also popular but I haven't watched it either.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; June 25, 2020 at 08:00 PM.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Attack on Titan is one of the best current dark-fantasy anime with cool battles, and it is geared towards 15-30 years old people.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Senator

I always liked Visions of Escaflown... have the DVD`s at Home, maybe I gonna rewatch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Henlo everyone here. I have to admit, this genre is not my forte, however, it has romantically been suggested to me I could benefit from finding a good anime. The only "good" anime I have to reference is Hunter x Hunter. What should I recommend beyond this to watch? (I did like Hunterx)
    Try Demon Slayer, is new, its pretty good and the Animation is top notch.

My hero Academia is cool too i guess.

Both are a long the lines of hunter x hunter.

I always liked Visions of Escaflown... have the DVD`s at Home, maybe I gonna rewatch it.
    Yeah i remember watching that way back.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; June 26, 2020 at 03:14 AM.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

The Promised Neverland was very nice

Ultimately it is a melodrama, but has horror elements and is somewhat cerebral.
    Also the setting is great.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post

How about Rage of Bahamut?

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

If you want new stuff try One Punch Man, a personal favorite of mine. People really like Attack on Titan but I've never seen it. You might like Goblin Slayer as well, I thought it was decent. Kill la Kill is also popular but I haven't watched it either.
    Is that not one with some training voice over about eating a banana for breakfast and not using AC...? I believe I rolled by to hear that while my kids were bing watching last summer and I turned into a running annoyance for them whenever they complain a chore being hard, its too hot to mow the lawn, etc. (although by now I mangled beyond recognition). In any case they would certainly give it two thumbs up.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.