Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Recommend me an anime, Sher Khan! (Version 2)

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Recommend me an anime, Sher Khan! (Version 2)

Attack on Titan is my all-time-favorite anime.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Cowboy Bebop probably. Also liked Monster very much.

And that Cowboy Bebop OP never gets old.

Last edited by Knight of Heaven; August 04, 2018 at 12:36 AM.

The action scenes in AoT are great, but yeah, the dialogues are a bit lacking. I liked the series at first but lost interest after the first ten episodes.

Cowboy Bebop is a classic and just amazing, not much left to say.
    Monster is an intersting topic: It has an unusual premise and setting, great characters, and tells a intriguing story overall - yet it isn't that popular. I think its because of its length. 74 episodes is for a non-shonen is pretty lengthy and without epic fight scenes or much humor it can get dull at some times for some people.

FMAB is a good example for an amazing anime of a similar length that's famous and for many No1 Anime. It has action, comedy, a great premise, great characters and development, grood production (OST, Animation, etc. ...), and an intriguing world.

There is lots of good anime superior to attack on Titan imo. Not accounting for taste of course.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by theSilentKiller View Post
    The action scenes in AoT are great, but yeah, the dialogues are a bit lacking. I liked the series at first but lost interest after the first ten episodes.

Cowboy Bebop is a classic and just amazing, not much left to say.
    Monster is an intersting topic: It has an unusual premise and setting, great characters, and tells a intriguing story overall - yet it isn't that popular. I think its because of its length. 74 episodes is for a non-shonen is pretty lengthy and without epic fight scenes or much humor it can get dull at some times for some people.

FMAB is a good example for an amazing anime of a similar length that's famous and for many No1 Anime. It has action, comedy, a great premise, great characters and development, grood production (OST, Animation, etc. ...), and an intriguing world.
    Well, the first 13 episodes of AoT were the weakest IMO.
    I expected the first parts of Season 3 to be worse frankly, based on the manga but I was pleasantly surprised by the changes in the story of the first episode (38th total I think?) to put it in a more concrete fashion. In the manga pieces of the story were disjoined, spread among many chapters as they jumped around. They did a good job gathering those in the anime. I expect the first 3 episodes to cover 5-6 chapters but they don't tell them exactly in the same format; they take the story of those chapters and say it in a way that makes sense.
    Without spoilers, I wonder what they would do about a particular, important discussion that was taking place in like, 10 chapters, 2 pages at a time and it concludes at the conclusion of that specific arc! That was madness.

I couldn't get into Cowboy Bepop, I don't know why. It is kinda my cup-of-tea... I will give it a try again at some point after so many good reviews.

FMA:B was very good IMO, although I wouldn't say it had much comedy as much as a few bouts of comic relief. I still prefer AoT from it though but trust me, I am in the minority both when it comes to my friends and when it comes to internet critics. It is commonly acknowledged as better.
    I don't know for sure, but frankly, I think even the guys behind AoT also acknowledge FMA:B is better.
    But I am not like the majority when it comes to Anime. For example, I didn't like Deathnote and it is considered by most to be one of the best anime ever made.

And when comes to heresy... please put down the pitchforks for a moment, take a few breaths, consider all the good I've done in this cruel world and then check the spoiler.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I strongly disliked Pokémon; as in, I couldn't stand it.
    Last edited by alhoon; August 05, 2018 at 12:01 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon
    Well, the first 13 episodes of AoT were the weakest IMO.
    I expected the first parts of Season 3 to be worse frankly, based on the manga but I was pleasantly surprised by the changes in the story of the first episode (38th total I think?) to put it in a more concrete fashion. In the manga pieces of the story were disjoined, spread among many chapters as they jumped around. They did a good job gathering those in the anime. I expect the first 3 episodes to cover 5-6 chapters but they don't tell them exactly in the same format; they take the story of those chapters and say it in a way that makes sense.
    The beginning of almost every season was relatively enjoyable to me, expecially the first episodes of s3 - I just lose interest ofter about 10+ episode every season of AoT so far. I don't know anything of the maga. Without animation and soundtrack, AoT really doesn't seem that interesting to me even though I like the premise and the world.

The problem with Deathnote is, that it has almost no rewatch value for me - I tried to rewatch it but never got past ep 13 which is weird because I loved the series when I watched it for the first time.

I think the main appeal to Pokemon, the anime, is nostalgia. If I watch seasons that I didn't watch as child its kinda bland. You know what to expect and what will happen because its formulaic - which is great fo a show with its target demography being kids, they can anticipate what happens, they know there will be always the recurring hero saving everyone (Pikachu), etc.... Besides it can be used for some large franchise. But the series itself, if you look at the characters, the story being told and the fight of Pokemon its just ... meh. If I hadn't watched it as child I wouldn't like it either. In fact, I dislike the new season . I mean really, really dislike it.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

So...

was Made in the Abyss cancelled?
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Lack of another season doesn’t mean it was canceled. They just haven’t ordered a season 2

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Finished watching the Arslan Senki series, very mediocre show. I thought that by its subject matter I would really enjoy it but found it to be rather average. The worst part was the non-character Arslan who is a boring and poorly written protagonist. The references to history and Persian myth were amusing but sometimes annoying, such as inserting the Crusades within the Shahnameh inspired fictional universe. The main theme of abolishing slavery was also really cliched, uninspired and boring... and unrealistic to the time period.

Season 2 was exceptionally boring and uneventful. They had the opportunity to give some great character moments and plot points but canned it for the weekly adventure type of plot. Problem with this was that they only did one arc within the 8 episodes that were released. I'm willing to read some of the mangas (both if I can), and watch the 90's OVA. Maybe I'll even read the novels. Still don't get why this show got so much hype though... Worried that the other material will be as bland as this. Admittedly I did enjoy some of it.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Back Street Girls.... Three yakuza thugs make mistakes while doing a job for their Yakuza Boss, so as punishment, he orders them to head to Thailand for sex reassignment surgery to become pop idols

Sounds and looks Hilarious.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

^WTF?! o_O

That is ridiculous; even by japanese anime standards
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    Finished watching the Arslan Senki series, very mediocre show. I thought that by its subject matter I would really enjoy it but found it to be rather average. The worst part was the non-character Arslan who is a boring and poorly written protagonist. The references to history and Persian myth were amusing but sometimes annoying, such as inserting the Crusades within the Shahnameh inspired fictional universe. The main theme of abolishing slavery was also really cliched, uninspired and boring... and unrealistic to the time period.

Season 2 was exceptionally boring and uneventful. They had the opportunity to give some great character moments and plot points but canned it for the weekly adventure type of plot. Problem with this was that they only did one arc within the 8 episodes that were released. I'm willing to read some of the mangas (both if I can), and watch the 90's OVA. Maybe I'll even read the novels. Still don't get why this show got so much hype though... Worried that the other material will be as bland as this. Admittedly I did enjoy some of it.
    It's probably told better in the novels. Same writer as Legend of the Galactic Heroes, so I'm sure it's better in the novels. Once LOGH is finished being published in English, I have a feeling Haikasourou will move on to Heroic Legend of Arslan.

Over the weekend I watched Diebuster and Kemonozume

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga

Didn't even bother with the second season. I liked the first 2 or what eps of the first season but yeah, the show was mediocre, at best. For some reason, anime often seems to completely forget how to do characters and story telling when they use a historical seeing, or are heavily inspired by history. Look at Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki - set during an unused and interesting time period but messed up the characters completely and everything is kinda cliché.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven
    Back Street Girls.... Three yakuza thugs make mistakes while doing a job for their Yakuza Boss, so as punishment, he orders them to head to Thailand for sex reassignment surgery to become pop idols
    The art looks neat though - definitely going to watch that one even though opinions on it seems split, with some hating on it, some apparently loving it. Might be good comedy though.

The problem with Deathnote is, that it has almost no rewatch value for me - I tried to rewatch it but never got past ep 13 which is weird because I loved the series when I watched it for the first time.
    I couldn't agree more. I've tried re-watching it twice, but no dice.

Kemonozume
    An extremely weird anime with weird animation. Not amazing, but worth a one-time watch for how truly odd it is. Usually, our heroes don't poop their pants every time they fight the baddies, nor do we often see our villains stuff severed arms into their underpants. The voice actor for the main antagonist is just perfect for the role.

Patrician

Saw Gundam Wing... dunno why this is so popular. It was pretty boring at times and nothing in the show makes sense.

Who are these characters? Why are they fighting? Who are they fighting? Why did mask guy turn on Treize? Why did Treize let himself be killed? Why did they make Relina ruler of all Earth? Why didn't Treize just rule as a dictator? Why are all the protagonists named after numbers? What are their motivations? Why is Hiro a psycho? Why is Lady Uno bipolar? Why does the animation suck so bad? Why did they change some of the voice actors half way through the series in the English dub?

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Never seen Wing. I've seen all of the Gundams that take place in the UC universe, Gundam SEED, and Iron Blooded Orphans
    Watch the original. It is definitely the best one out there.

Hum, recently i have been watching Goblin Slayer, and im having Berserk, and RPG Vibes. ( also Dark Souls)
    Im enjoying it so far.

Last edited by Knight of Heaven; December 06, 2018 at 04:24 PM.

Patrician

You're supposed to read Goblin Slayer. The show waters it down a lot... I think. Don't recall girls being raped by goblins in the show.

In the show it is quite implied though. There is really no need to be that graphical imo, unless you doing Hentai or something.
    Funny enough as it is some people got offended with the first episode, and crunchy roll apologized...( ridiculous times we live in when people get offended over nothing.)

They could release afterwards a naughty version of it, like they did with seikon no qwaser. But i dont think so.

I dont read much manga this days, but yes i hear Goblin Slayer in the manga is supposedly to be good?