Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: Recommend me an anime, Sher Khan! (Version 2)

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝

Default Re: Recommend me an anime, Sher Khan! (Version 2)

I dunno I only read the first chapter cause everyone was talking about it.
    It is supposed to be graphic, censoring Goblin Slayer would be like censoring Berserk.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Speaking of Berserk...

Anyone watching Vinland Saga?

Totally worth it. The Anime has killer Animation, and aesthetics.

The Manga was already sick, but i think they are making great stuff with the Anime so far. ( only 3 episodes in).

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

^Does it have the Byzantine Empire?
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Is it as good as the manga?

Been watching Dororo, adaptation from a 60's anime and manga. It is okay I guess. Weird that they would remake this old series though. I'm not even sure that it was anything close to an exact adaptation. Probably just wrote their own story which only covers a small part of the original.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Is it as good as the manga?
    Too soon to tell, only 3 episodes in. And the fourth will air in 2 weeks time. It has the potential to have better pacing then in the manga due to be an anime.
    So far the episodes are very good, blood and gore isn't censored from what i could tell. Its like Berserk reborn in that sense. And there is the Historic element we like so much.

^Does it have the Byzantine Empire?

I haven't read for a while as the manga is still ongoing, but my guess is yes it will have an arc there that will pass in Constantinople, at least the last arc that i read hinted at that. Although there is still Kievan Rus lands to go trough so it might take while still.
    But short answer not yet in the manga. I assume it will take a long time to be showed in the Anime. But everyone in the community is eager to see Greece and the Byzantines. And the Varangian guards.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; July 13, 2019 at 12:47 PM.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Na, it would end at the beginning of farmland saga.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Oda have you watched Kimetsu no yaiba? ( Demon Slayer) You might like it. The art is also Gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Oda have you watched Kimetsu no yaiba? ( Demon Slayer) You might like it. The art is also Gorgeous.
    No I haven't. I have heard about it but I have too many shows to watch as it is. Also been really busy with real life.