Thread: Just bought a new i7 Dell, laptop with HP Graphics - graphic settings medium only

Default Just bought a new i7 Dell, laptop with HP Graphics - graphic settings medium only

Hello, my new laptop only lets me set the graphics options to "medium." Can anyone tell me how to tweak it to set some of the options on "high"? I see a post on March 17th, but I don't really understand how to implement the change. I have 8 gigs of ram, not sure what my Intel graphics card is.
    Last edited by Rick; May 12, 2015 at 01:25 PM.

Default Re: Just bought a new i7 Dell, laptop with HP Graphics - graphic settings medium only

I answered my own questions. See below:

Go to

C: \ Users \ Your PC Username \ AppData \ Roaming \ The Creative Assembly \ Napoleon \ scripts

Open the file preferences.script.txt
    Go to line:
    gfx_video_memory 0; # Gfx_video_memory, Override available video memory (bytes) #

Replace 0 by the amount of available memory on your graphics card

There I can't help you, you need to find this information on your own. In the control panel of your graphics card (Geforce or catalyst) or on the box of the graphics card or with AIDA64 software type, etc. ...

Depending on your card, here are the numbers to enter:

2GB = 2147483648
    1GB = 1073741824
    768MB = 805306368
    512MB = 536870912
    256MB = 268435456
    128MB = 134217728

ATTENTION! Be sure of your choice, it risks nothing but the game will crash if a wrong value is inserted.

This explanation can be found on the the Lordz forum.

Default Re: Just bought a new i7 Dell, laptop with HP Graphics - graphic settings medium only

I have a MSI GeForce GTX 970 GAMING 4G.

By which figure I owe replace 0 in " gfx_video_memory 0;" (preference.scrip.txt)