Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Europa Perdita - Mod Goal and Current Features

Default Re: Europa Perdita - Mod Goal and Current Features

Yeah, that's possible. Actually a good idea. I think I'll add that, thanks!

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Yeah, that's possible. Actually a good idea. I think I'll add that, thanks!
    I'm glad to give some help.
    I want to ask you if it is possible to change diseases english names in diseases latin names, if you can address me to the table I have to change I could do a submod.
    The reason is beacause diseases english names are very different from latin culture languages like italian, spanish and french.

It is possible to change the names of the diseases, like any text in the game. I'm not sure which table that's in. Looks like... effect_bundles.loc I think.

Civis
    Malang city, East Java province, Indonesia

a suggestion from Me, maybe the mods already fix it better

the AI must have better when build their city, I mean which building must be made, I'm sure in vanilla, from what I know, this one make Them always easily can be defeated of collapse faster, for example: don't have enough sanitation buildings, foods. After that, rebels become too often to appear.

the second, about build a building again
    the Ai, sometime very stupid at least for Me, the example, some Arabian faction recolonize Yathrib, I'm happy then, cause friendly with Them as East Roman, but after long time waiting, They do not make building that produce iron.
    so, it end with Me declare war to Them, only to occupy that city and build iron producer building, not cause I am is Their enemies or They do not want trade with Me.

Thank You for Your hard work, time, and all for making and updating this mod to be better !

There's only so much we can change with AI building priorities, though I haven't looked into it much. Maybe we could do a little.

Civis

There's only so much we can change with AI building priorities, though I haven't looked into it much. Maybe we could do a little.
    thank You very much for Your attention, Sir.

wow I'm very happy, the second problem (My AI friend occupy a settlement with important resources, but do not make building that produce it) really send Me into high dilemma

note: I'm sure with AI building priorities, They will be look smarter, stronger, and more real as a faction
    Last edited by Cleeon; June 28, 2016 at 07:53 PM. Reason: forget to write a "note"

Civis

I just got and idea !
    don't know yet, how exactly the trade system in the game works, but is there any way a faction can get a resource (example iron) from other faction who do not produce it, but already import it from other faction>>>>maybe with little more expensive price

Hmmm... that's probably not moddable. I don't think we can do that, but it would certainly be cool.

Civis

hmm..ok,

Till now, I'm happy, playing as Sasani, have reached around 410 AD and Western Rome still almost complete, Eastern Rome still having Their complete all cities, wow.

I have 1 question, look like only 2 nomads left, Hunni and another, can that nomads faction rise again after destroyed ?
    if yes, how it can be happen ? >>>>maybe when Hunni have a rebel, then that rebel can become other nomads faction ?

Nomadic factions can re-emerge from some parts of the map, in the same way that other factions can. It doesn't mean it will happen often. Only the Huns get scripted army spawns. It is currently an issue with the mod that horde factions are weak, but to be fair, this is also the case in vanilla, just not to the same degree. It has to do with the economic balance - the same reason why the Romans are doing so well. Small factions have a much harder time in EP at the moment, and large factions an easier time. We're working on rebalancing this somewhat so it's not quite as lopsided, and rebalancing hordes generally to give them a better chance.

Civis

I agree, Augustng, C.A and Sega, really make a mistake, I play as Huns and never feel be the scourge of GOD, cause that's weak, event A.I playing better as Hun than Me, the player .

for now, My Sasani, having balance for near 4 million, wow, maybe I am the richest faction in the game.

sorry, I don't have other idea for nomad and small faction, which in history have real potential to disturb "big faction"
    the only idea, which is real and inspired with Mongol invasion on Medieval Total war,
    Nomads must have option to be free upkeep or some of Their army must be very cheap upkeep, that is real, in history maybe they don't get salary, join war just because their loyalty,
    and also for small faction, some factions We called barbaria, like as Vikings, I'm sure the king of vikings never pay salary to His armies, which in real also His civilians too, They go to war cause the needs and like it .

I thinks in real that is the different, big factions runs all as official and pay good money
    small faction runs all life no need as official, but just like spontaneous action and They can pay with looting the enemies, do not need pay regular salary.

1 idea, can We have option when defeat a city to >>>>>You do not capture the city, but loot the settlement, all captive enslaved ?>

additional info from Me, but maybe I'm wrong, the A.I do not have ability to disband units, which sometime, They need it, for example after hire lots of mercenary, need to disband after win/lose battle.
    Last edited by Cleeon; July 01, 2016 at 05:05 AM. Reason: forgot to add 1 important info

We are thinking about something like the Tanukhids have, certain units with free upkeep - give something similar to all horde factions.

Also for your last idea there, the game already has the "sack" option, which is like that, but the captives are killed. Attila doesn't really have the "enslave captives" mechanic the same way Rome 2 did; it's replaced with "immigration."

Civis

We are thinking about something like the Tanukhids have, certain units with free upkeep - give something similar to all horde factions.

Also for your last idea there, the game already has the "sack" option, which is like that, but the captives are killed. Attila doesn't really have the "enslave captives" mechanic the same way Rome 2 did; it's replaced with "immigration."
    Thanks so much, for the response, I'm happy

Yes, like Tanukhid have, Tanukhid even can get a settlement, but with some penalty.

I'm continue playing with Europa Perdita.

out of topic, maybe, Perdita is the name from Heroine of William shakespeare story ?

Have you guys thought about rebalancing the economy in a way similar to TWW? I mean having a province being able to sustain one possibly two armies and having buildings generate less income in general? I say this having in mind the insane cashflow you get after 50-60 turns which is largely useless after a while and gives no motivation to invest in lowering your upkeep. Same applies to the upkeep increase with the more armies you have. Could this be implemented? I guess not but still......

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cleeon View Post
    out of topic, maybe, Perdita is the name from Heroine of William shakespeare story ?
    Hahaha, so it is. But in Latin, Perdita means ruined/lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by drillmaster View Post
    Have you guys thought about rebalancing the economy in a way similar to TWW? I mean having a province being able to sustain one possibly two armies and having buildings generate less income in general? I say this having in mind the insane cashflow you get after 50-60 turns which is largely useless after a while and gives no motivation to invest in lowering your upkeep. Same applies to the upkeep increase with the more armies you have. Could this be implemented? I guess not but still......

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    TWW? You mean Warhammer? Frankly, I haven't played it yet. I'd like to, but I've got too much other stuff to do right now. As far as your actual question, we will definitely be reducing that crazy cashflow in the future, that's for sure. We have a few options on how to do this - the easiest is to re-add base income. We might do this for now, then work on something more interesting down the road.

Civis

Hahaha, so it is. But in Latin, Perdita means ruined/lost.
    sorry, I continue a maybe out of topic discussion, I have search using popular search engine and then it informed Me about Perdita and Who is Her, from Shakespeare, but it really match, story name is Winter Tale, and I see Euro is under threat of bad winter in the game, Lol.

Now, about the Game, after continue playing, I see Budinian faction rise, from what I remember, They are one of nomads, but it rise as a settlement, minor, on Slavic region, I must say, I very like it, cause I read on history, sometime nomads can settle, at least making a village, maybe to get some extra income ?, and then after that, They just burn out/raze that village, before continue move to more fertile land.
    I think that is very good, cause from what I remember, nomads in this game gaining some bonus growth from raze, so, if They can settle, maybe They can got some growth bonus also from abandoning the settlement ,

Thank You

note: I'm very like for current game, both Roman faction look still strong and have almost all cities, which very real, especially W.R.E didn't really collapse, when Attila still live on the earth, They just disturbed by Hunni.

Civis

Hello

in My campaign as Sassani, Attila not be a Hunni king yet, I success make a defensive alliance with both Roman and really feel nomads and barbarian invasion, with My puppet state having different religious with Me, it add more fun and intrigue to the game, I like it, Thanks.

Now about the problem that I begin to feel, on next 5 years, I'm sure, Attila will become a Hunni king and as A.I, They will got lots of free armies bonus and then Their troops will increased much and with powerful units. The problem that I begin to see, with the barbarian and migrator faction, look like They become weaker, sometime They are enemies of nomads, Me and both Roman do not do very hard against Them, cause maybe Their land is not good enough, then Why I want to conquer all Their world, but nomads very like razing them, when any barbarian or migrator declare war, especially the Hun, but I'm understand, Hun do that cause They need it (growth bonus when razing)

but, then I have seen Seaxe, ostrogoth and visigoth, Vandal, and maybe more (don't remember the faction name), from migrator and barbarian become extinct, They are gone, the one Who survive against nomads, is the Norse and Slavic, I'm sure because They can flying away even at winter (immune to snow attrition) and one by one the immune to snow attrition factions replace the barbarian and migrator place.

So, My conclusion is, even They are My enemies, but migrator and barbarian is very poor collection of faction, I will try playing till Attila become a king, I worry all of Them (barbarian and migrator will go to extinct).
    maybe, barbarian and migrator need some diplomacy bonus between Them, so They will be stronger (something like confederation).

note: I feel and see all A.I now is smarter with Europa Perdita (I mean, They act better with the current situation in the game), very good job, make Me really feel better when playing the game.
    Last edited by Cleeon; July 04, 2016 at 07:56 PM. Reason: forgot to add note

Civis

Hello, Can We have something like this, for example for eastern faction, can have hamam/public bath and also yakchal/food preservation (same with sanitation chain building) at the same time ?

Thanks in advance.

Hmmm... maybe, yeah. I hadn't thought about that, but since the roles of those buildings are different enough in EP, it could be fine.

Civis

Thank You very much, is the Europa Perdita Team have some "planning" or schedule, when the next update will be released ?

I have a suggestion regarding economic balance when playing as Eastern faction: I think buildings like Royal barrack or Royal stable, must be increased to have very expensive maintenance cost, as it named "Royal" and having wonderful look and ornament, then the Player can be forced to have only few of that building even when the conquer lots of region on the map. I hope it can add more fun in the game, so when player become bigger and more factions hates Him/Her, then maybe sometime at war He/She lose that region which own "high upgraded military recruitment building", then We can begin to say "here began the fall of empire" >>>>>I don't know yet why, this some anomaly only happen with human, when become very rich, they start to get boring (hope not happen to Me and You in real life)

***question please, sorry I don't know yet where to ask: If I want to suggest Area of Recruitment (for example, after some Persian region occupied, Player have option to recruit elite Persian archer on that area only), I must suggest here or go to Fall of the Eagles forum thread ?
    Last edited by Cleeon; July 31, 2016 at 06:11 PM. Reason: almost forget to post suggestion