Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Europa Perdita - Mod Goal and Current Features

Default Re: Europa Perdita - Mod Goal and Current Features

As I said, there are imperium level-based changes to upkeep. Your units will have higher upkeep when your imperium increases. It's a way to balance the start for smaller factions.

Tvrtko's Avatar Libertus

How can I remove the negative Christian influence in baths?

Delete those entries from the mod's building_effects_junction tables. They're easy to find, in their own table fragment.

Tvrtko's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Delete those entries from the mod's building_effects_junction tables. They're easy to find, in their own table fragment.
    Thanks

Libertus

I have a short question about garrisons: As far as I can see garrisons in EP are bigger than in Vanilla, which I like. However, I started a campaign with Aksum and a tier 2 settlemen has 9 garrison units and a tier 3 has 12, but when I play the Lakhmids my tier 2 settlements only have 5 units in their garrison and tier 3 would give 9 units. Is that on purpose or is there something wrong with my game?

Hmmm... maybe I've overlooked a garrison unit somewhere or added extra by mistake. I'll look into it. Might be that Aksum gets one of their unique units, or just that one of their other buildings gives a few units.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Hmmm... maybe I've overlooked a garrison unit somewhere or added extra by mistake. I'll look into it. Might be that Aksum gets one of their unique units, or just that one of their other buildings gives a few units.
    All those units come from the settlement. It makes it really hard to play the Lakhmids, because everybody has a lot of garrisoned units while I have very few.

Was wondering if a fix for the whole disease thing was gonna be coming. Its 485 now in my ostrogothic campaign and the entirety of the world has some form of plague or another for the past 50 years. Sassanian, the last remaining islands that the true Romans control, and maybe a few roman rump states are the only ones capable of fighting off the plague but I am getting messages almost every turn some new port or city has the measles because they are trading with infected nations. Or if you could do a quick little tutorial on how to do it would be dope too!

There will be a fix for it, I just haven't gotten a chance to sit down and work it out. I have a few ideas for changing how it works, messing with the squalor and sanitation numbers further.

If you need someone to tinker around with stuff for it I would gladly try my best to help! Also, how might one tweak colonization costs for the ai? Idk if I am unlucky but its been several years since the ai has colonized anything and I would really enjoy seeing eastern europe come back to life!

OK cool - if you want to tinker around with it, maybe play with the sanitation and squalor numbers in building_effects_junction and of course the numbers in the plagues table. That's where most of this stuff is.

The colonization cost is located in the aug_campaign_variables table fragment in the mod; it's occupation_decision_colonise_cost. It's just one number you can change, the base cost for colonization. That cost is also affected by the number of units you have in your colonizing army.

Have you thought about doing a pop system like DEI?

Love NCAA football? Go here.

Yep, we've thought about it, but we don't have anyone on the team with the scripting skill to do that.

the last update to the original post seems to be about a year ago, any major rework of those general guidelines or major updates in general that should be on there?

Not really, but I might as well remove the "planned features" for now. We added in faction banners for all the playable factions already, and we don't have anyone working on a battle overhaul now, so nothing to list there. The other features have been worked on a bit in the intervening time. I'm planning an update by the end of October with general rebalancing and some fixes.

Wait, is it supposed to be game design that the Sassanids are about 2000/3000 talents in debt at the beginning of the campaign?

I'm rebalancing the economy for the next update. It's very hard to get it right with all the changes, and putting the Sassanids in that situation was the only way I could get the numbers to line up for everyone else. You can easily get back to making a profit by moving your armies out of cities and increasing taxes for a turn or two until you can improve your buildings.

I just bought Attila Sorry for the question but will this mod still be updated for future improvements?

Yes, there will be at least one more update, when I get some time to work on it.

Just one? What about the battle overhaul? Sorry first time checking this out I may be misinformed.