Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Europa Perdita - Mod Goal and Current Features

Default Re: Europa Perdita - Mod Goal and Current Features

A battle overhaul was in our plans ages ago, but we've had to cut that. My recommendation is to find a battle overhaul you like and use that alongside EP. Most should be compatible. FotE is compatible for sure.

Hello, I just finished my Rome 2 capaign and wanted to give Atilla a shot. With Rome 2, I used DEI, which takes out some of the DLC-units, something that wasnt clear to me when installing it (maybe assuming that Ca wouldnt implement things that are too anachronic). Still paid for that stuff, so want to experience it.

Should not be an issue from what I read about Europa Perdita, but now I am a bit wary with the bigger overhauls.

So is there anything taken out in that regard, units omitted, special abilities on the battlefield that were deemed to hollywoodesque?

EP is a campaign overhaul. It doesn't affect units or battles (except I did change around some of the sea sickness penalties, but that's about it). Most unit and battle mods are compatible with EP, so use whichever you prefer, or none.

No updates to this mod since two years ago. Is it more or less abandoned or any plans of doing more with it? I know that Augustus has said he'll come back to the mod as soon as the work on DeI is over. But then there is the new game about Britannia coming, which probably will keep him busy modding that instead of this one. The other guy, with codename m_1512, is probably doing other things too, instead of taking care of his little baby the Attila mod.
    Last edited by Gusten Grodslukare; April 23, 2018 at 04:46 PM.

I have almost no time for modding these days. There are a few things I'd like to iron out in an update, but I don't know if/when I'll come back to this. I'm not moving to Thrones of Britannia; I don't have time for that either. If the rest of the team were more active and there was more interest from the public in playing Attila, I might try to keep working on it, but as it is, I can't really justify working on it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    I have almost no time for modding these days. There are a few things I'd like to iron out in an update, but I don't know if/when I'll come back to this. I'm not moving to Thrones of Britannia; I don't have time for that either. If the rest of the team were more active and there was more interest from the public in playing Attila, I might try to keep working on it, but as it is, I can't really justify working on it myself.
    at some point i miss this game a lot that i keep on coming back to see if there`s an update for it`s special mods. EP + FOE pack was one of the Best Mods pack so far, an update will sure brings the fans back.

Proud To Be Orthodox Christian

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

Well, just to enter the topic of the player base... I totally stopped playing new TW games after Rome 2, but the arrival of Ancient Empires made me look at Attila finally. And by Attila I mean it mods, of course. While I was all about AE mod and it now "traditional" Classical Era TW experience (RTW [EB or RS], RTW2 [DeI] and EB2 for MTW2), I'm also starting to look at the Attila timeset for a different experience, and that means FotE + EP. While FotE at least got some updates this year, it's sad to see that EP (maybe the more important of the two) to be left to the moths like that. While I by no mean blame the EP modders (like Augustusng said no point to work for such a tiny player base), the arrival of Ancient Empires may bring a new light to Attila TW just like EB2 resurrected MTW2 for me, and by "me" I also mean a new wave of mod players.

By the way, speaking about MTW2, it may be the first time that I play two different mods for the same TW at the same time in a long time. The last time was when playing Stainless Steel and Third Age for MTW2, wich you may add another one now that EB2 arrived. It have being a long time since I saw a TW game without a clearly superior mod like DeI is in Rome2, and I mostly blame CA for it because without map modding and poorly faction modding it's very difficulty to create a totally new set for the campaign, but with the Classical Ages of AE and FotE+EP in the "Dark Ages" it may happen again.
    Last edited by VektorT; June 15, 2018 at 04:19 AM.

Master Celeborn's Avatar Libertus

Hello excellent work, does it possible to have migrationoverhaul also. willl befu to see barbarians establish somewhere and have stronger hordes. does it possible to bring babrbarians toestablish themselves in histrical or plausible homeland

Master Celeborn's Avatar Libertus

Also,i recommand 2 turns by reayrs for the campaign

Why do I lose money from putting armies in a settlement? What is the logic behind that?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011