Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monarchs! Emperors and Consul Presidents and family members.

Default Re: Monarchs! Emperors and Consul Presidents and family members.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    I did a little testing with the British monarchy and it seams to be a set order of heirs to the throne but I am not sure if it can be changed
    Lord Davn, if you can read french in this link you can find the chronological order and important people and important battles that even today history forgets to tell. From 1789 -1814. http://prats.fr/

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    If someone is willing to help, I'd be happy to have more resource!
    There are only two constraints from me:
    - Consistency: if someone want to make new textures / icons, or work on some part, OK as long as it blends well with the rest of the mod.
    - Conflict: since I'm working on some db tables for Netherlands for example, it is not practical if someone makes extensive work on this at the same time. So coordination is required (I think Skype is a good solution). It means that with your example of a familly tree, it's not very easy to let someone do it fully, but having someone research it, test it, and then give the conclusion so I can report it in the main startpos would be nice.

And then, you have two external constraints
    - Time and motivation: sometimes people come, say they want to help, but then leave before actually producing something.
    - Most modders are already working on their own mods, and won't abandon it to work on something else.
    I don't mind helping... and doing research, but before that I would like to know if we can add characters, with traits that could change the course of history in short the game play. So in short how you play the game may provoke a change of government, the fall of a monarchy and the rise of a republic.

"in short" anything requires scripting. For stuff like that I believe Medieval2 is more suitable. Also what you want to achieve and how is a bit vague.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    "in short" anything requires scripting. For stuff like that I believe Medieval2 is more suitable. Also what you want to achieve and how is a bit vague.
    Hello Sirlion, you seem to know very well the mechanisms and scripting, seen by your many comments in several forums. Unfortunately Im no programer even though I have some knowledge of C# language, but not enough to experiment on my own. What I suggest or I wish to see, in some distance future, that this mod or any mod of NTW would have more historical personalities in the game. Especially for the grand Campaign. In essences, playing this game would make you almost a history major, without you knowing, . The battles and strategies are great fun but the diplomatic issues and missions depending of whom and what you have as leader or government style of your nation lacks enormously in the vanilla game. Making this less interesting to play. If only Creative Assembly had more foresight they would of created a more refined game.

If your willing to push my idea I can form a list of important people, Kings, Prime Ministers, intellectuals, etc. etc. that interacted between Spain and France which finally brought the revolution and than Napoleon as first council . Of course this would start basically in the year 1789 the storming of the Bastille.

Each character or minsiter will bring considering change in the game mechanics which will lead in achieving your goals of the nation your playing. Either the beginings of the revolution, "reign of terror". OR the VIctory of the first Coalition http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_First_Coalition , and the countinuum of despotic monarchies.
    Last edited by Steveholmes; May 19, 2015 at 10:34 AM.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

I'd also love to be able to control change of monarchs, name of factions, etc to reflect historical changes.

However, it is useless to provide such a list if the game engine doesn't allow it. And the scripting possibilites for characters are quite limited.

The challenge of modding is we cannot only dream about what we could do if we could alter the game engine (which would require the source code), but how we can stretch the current engine as far as we can. Modding has to be an art of compromise between historical accuracy, our dream, gameplay issues, and the constraint of the engine. And unfortunately, the latest always win.
    Last edited by Steph; May 20, 2015 at 01:42 AM.

Indeed.. your right. I have been looking in some other NTW mods and in thier forums about this same issue. Not sure if they have succeeded, example La montée de l'Empire (LME) or

Revolution Order of War (ROW) or

The Rights of Man 2 (TROM2), I can't say, for I haven't tested them.

I did download the EasyESF software. But I'm not too sure how to use it, or if it works for NTW. But lookin into it It allows to add family members to factions, and attributes to characters.

Patrician Artifex

EasyESF didn't work well for me. It doesn't save properly, and adding slots to the city, when it finally saved, generated unstable saved game.

Oh I see. I'm just curious.. thou how it builts it, maybe once I understand how it works, I can replicate it manually. But Im very far from that yet. I don't even know how to attach a portrait to a character yet! If I only knew.. That would be like discovering that the earth is a sphere!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    EasyESF didn't work well for me. It doesn't save properly, and adding slots to the city, when it finally saved, generated unstable saved game.
    Why would it add slots to the city if your only adding family members? Or agents? Or Generals?

Patrician Artifex

It was just an example that since adding slot is not stable, I'm suspicious of EasyESF, and I would not be confident using it to add agents or generals

If Sirlion would be so nice to help me build a submod to test adding an historical family tree and even at a later time build some nation missions for Spain. I would be very eager to do all the research collection and even learn to script write. For I'm no software programmer just a simple a journey maintenance oil millwright.

If it was worth the time and effort put into it I would have helped you a while back. Unfortunately what you are asking, and trying to achieve, is impossible. The code simply isn't there.

Sorry Sirlion, i dont understand by the code isnt there. I have seen it done for ETW, and Lord Davn mentioned that for the British there is a set of family members. ��
    Last edited by Steveholmes; May 26, 2015 at 10:16 AM.

Yes but that is ONLY for show. You can't change the heir or set sons or anything.There is a pool of random claimants for not implemented wars of successions which had to be a feature of ETW but was scrapped. There is nothing you can do script wise.

So, for NTW the Kings are permanent fixtures? Weird in my NTW3 playing Spain Carlos IV died... And was replaced by random dude Called Luis I. Now why did Carlos die? Secondly where did they pick this Random guy? Did the game decide to pick from the ministère pool? Or another pool? And What if we build and replace the existing pools of people, with our own? Replace them with historical people of generals, ministers, and royals. Just that would inhance the immersion of thé game play.
    Last edited by Steveholmes; May 26, 2015 at 10:08 AM.

Yes but that is ONLY for show. You can't change the heir or set sons or anything.There is a pool of random claimants for not implemented wars of successions which had to be a feature of ETW but was scrapped. There is nothing you can do script wise.
    I found this mod not sure how it works or if it works properly, or if it's just made for the British crown. But a bit of reverse engineering may give us some hints. Again, I'm not a programmer nor I have expert knowlegde in reading code. http://www.gamewatcher.com/mods/napo...yal-family-mod
    Last edited by Steveholmes; May 26, 2015 at 11:42 AM.

That mod is what I'm trying to tell you, just a button enabler. The button for the family tree is a leftover from Empire and it was always present, just hidden. All that mod does is enable it again so you can click it. And you cant reverse engineer what is not present in the code. All you will get is a square texture with some paintings of random dudes and claimants. You can stare at it for hours, it wont change for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveholmes View Post
    So, for NTW the Kings are permanent fixtures? Weird in my NTW3 playing Spain Carlos IV died... And was replaced by random dude Called Luis I. Now why did Carlos die? Secondly where did they pick this Random guy? Did the game decide to pick from the ministère pool? Or another pool? And What if we build and replace the existing pools of people, with our own? Replace them with historical people of generals, ministers, and royals. Just that would inhance the immersion of thé game play.
    No, they are not fixed. They have a spawn time frame, traits applied to them (if it ever works!) and birth priority. That's it. Nothing else can be done without rewriting the whole thing which must take into account a lot of assumptions regarding engine references, which nobody knows.

That mod is what I'm trying to tell you, just a button enabler. The button for the family tree is a leftover from Empire and it was always present, just hidden. All that mod does is enable it again so you can click it. And you cant reverse engineer what is not present in the code. All you will get is a square texture with some paintings of random dudes and claimants. You can stare at it for hours, it wont change for you.

No, they are not fixed. They have a spawn time frame, traits applied to them (if it ever works!) and birth priority. That's it. Nothing else can be done without rewriting the whole thing which must take into account a lot of assumptions regarding engine references, which nobody knows.
    Oh Wow, now thats a real downer.... I was hoping for real change than the simple boring conquer the world game set. I guess if there is nothing that one can do, than there is no point on pushing, more custom made politics, and change of governments, and technological tree. For it is through the different ministers, and heads of state, which will aid better in developing advance economics and better research. Or end up staying in the dark ages and invaded by another nation.

I still praise Steph huge work on the uniforms, but playing solo on campaign mod will be less attractive.

Maybe transporting the Etw government mechanics and surplanting on the NtW may be a way. But thats my wish. I guess i'll end this as is.

Steve, if it's the political aspects and national political decisions you're more interested, I think you may be more interested in looking at EU III/EU IV or March of Eagles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12