Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the TWC University!

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Welcome to the TWC University!

The Total War Center University was made long ago in an effort to give modders and prospective modders an environment to both teach and learn the various techniques crucial to successful modding of Total War titles. Since then the University has grown to include more than just modding related classes, but it needs able and willing professors to teach all classes!

We need both professors and students - qualified people to teach classes, as well as people willing to take them so the professor's time is not wasted. While we usually have a good number of students interested in some classes, we don't always have someone around who can teach that class.

So in an effort to boost the uni a bit, I've compiled a list below of potential classes that can be offered here. This list goes off of both classes that have been offered and taught through to completion here before, as well as ones suggested by users that never acquired a professor.

In addition, I will be offering a few classes myself that I will teach (though anyone willing to teach the same class with me or on their own is more than welcome to!). This will hopefully pick up activity here a bit and get more people interested in holding and attending classes here.

Previously Offered & Completed Classes

• Introduction to Mapping
    • Introduction to Scripting
    • Modding Basics
    • Photoshop Basics
    • Texture Creation
    • GIMP Basics
    • GIMP Advanced
    • Modeling in Milkshape 3D
    • Introduction to Mesh Texturing
    • Making Total War Videos with Movie Maker
    • Writing Course (English as a Second Language/Creative Writing)
    • Motion Pictures (GIF creation)
    • AARtistry Course (AAR writing)
    • Elementary German I

Recently Requested/Proposed Classes (need professors and/or more student interest)

• Elementary German I
    • Computer Science Course
    • Writing Course
    • Roman History
    • Medieval History
    • Military Leaders
    • Westeros/ASoIaF Lore
    • Mythology

Currently Offered and/or Gauging Student Interest

Please be sure to check out any current classes that interest you, and spread the word about them if you can. If you have suggestions, ideas, comments...anything!...please do post them. All the better to help the TWC Uni grow and prosper.
    Last edited by Hader; May 24, 2015 at 02:36 PM.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Welcome to the TWC University!

This thread may be used for any discussion or questions about proposed courses, or anything regarding the university in general.

Blog Entries

Registration is open for the Video Editing class: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ve-Movie-Maker

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

May I join the Creative Writing class? I can do this after my exams finish on the 17th of June.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Davout View Post
    May I join the Creative Writing class? I can do this after my exams finish on the 17th of June.
    While I'm looking to hopefully start one, there isn't a writing class setup yet.

Icon10

Hi there. Im fascinating with this project. The point is, i just know about it, but seems like you have been working for a long time @Hader. Anyway, I'm historian, just graduated, and I wonder what kind of historic courses are you planing to do. I could be interested to teaching something, whatever, but I'm not sure how to deal with this situation. Should we ask in the TWC University about what kind of historic courses do they want?

Regards!

Sorry for double post,
    (I just read my message, and I see I've not explained myself properly). What I mean with "kind of courses" is not the matter of them (I can see at top: Roman, Medieval, Mithology). What I really mean is how does the teacher deal with them. We are talking about huge matters, so..
    should we talk generally? Should we talk about something specially? It's not a practice teaching, it's one subjet which everyone could read about in Wikipedia or similar, how will teach it?

Thats what I mean, and thats why I said to ask people, how do they want this kind of course.

P.S. I've been so much time out of here, cant remember how to edit a post. Sorry
    Last edited by Aikanár; May 09, 2015 at 03:54 AM. Reason: consecutive postings

Hi,

I would be interested in signing up to a number of courses. Creative Writing, anything history based, and also some of the modding stuff, mainly on the arty side of things. I am currently in the process of learning to use some of the tools in Blender.

I will check back here periodically, but, if you could private message me on Steam my id-Cerberus Rex, it would be greatly appreciated.
    I hope to be doing one of the TWCU courses in the near future,
    thanks,
    Joe (Cerberus Rex)

Hey there great idea would love to sign up please.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus_Rex View Post
    Hi,

I would be interested in signing up to a number of courses. Creative Writing, anything history based, and also some of the modding stuff, mainly on the arty side of things. I am currently in the process of learning to use some of the tools in Blender.

I will check back here periodically, but, if you could private message me on Steam my id-Cerberus Rex, it would be greatly appreciated.
    I hope to be doing one of the TWCU courses in the near future,
    thanks,
    Joe (Cerberus Rex)
    You can PM me here if you need to.

FrostySOTF's Avatar Ice in My Veins
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

If you guys want to join creative writing there is a thread you can go to, just drop a comment in there and I'll get to you as soon as I can

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

I may do something in regards to 3d modeling or animation, but I'd like to see how Frosty and Hader get on first.

Blog Entries

Do it do it do it do it

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

I want to also help somehow
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Using this thread for a personal request for a course, how about a basic 2D Graphic Design course for those like me who are completely useless? Making things like sigs or anything else you expert graphic designers probably consider very simple. "Photoshop for Dummies", perhaps? I would shower thee with reps.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Maybe Gimp? I know of it a bit, but I don't think I'll be good enough for holding a course, at least not yet
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Moderator Emeritus

Gimp is fine, too. I just assume all the pros around here use PS, which I do have.

Blog Entries

well afaik Gimp is a freeware, so not an issue to get it in any case; maybe, and I say maybe, if there will be 3-4 people interested I can think about making a course on Gimp, but certainly not before mid-year (I'm too busy with other things ATM )

however, there should be already one or two courses about Gimp in the archives, maybe it will be enough to lurk them??
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Moderator Emeritus

Maybe, but I would prefer a professor who can be proud of me.

Blog Entries

well you can guess that I'm eager to get my Dude's Professor badge..

I won't promise anything, I'll seriously think about this.. if only I could find a co-teacher, that would be perfect

For now i am interested on GIMP .
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast