View Poll Results: Are you interested in this course?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Yes, and wanting to participate

The results are hidden 0%
  • Yes, and unsure if wanting to participate

• Yes, but unable to participate

• No

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Registration: CLOSED] Making Videos using Windows Live Movie Maker

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default [Registration: CLOSED] Making Videos using Windows Live Movie Maker

Welcome to the TWC university, and welcome to the new course "Making Videos with Windows Live Movie Maker".

Course Description
    While inspiration comes from the previous uni course taught here long ago, this course will be somewhat different. For starters, it will not focus specifically on making videos for Total War games. Therefore, it will not have any specific lessons or components for filming and techniques while in any specific game. Instead this course will focus more on the overall video editing process, and making the most from your video using the simple free software that is Windows Live Movie Maker. While it definitely does not have all the specific and loved features of higher end editing software, a lot can still be done with WMM and is a useful tool for even those expert video editors.

I will personally be teaching this course, as I do think I can teach plenty about the software and general video editing principles, but I also hope to garner some more attention for the TWC University overall and getting a course out there that will most definitely start is a good way to get people to notice.

Course Objectives

To teach you the ins and outs of WLMM, starting from the bottom up. It's fine to enter this course with some experience already, even a lot of experience, but the lessons and assignments will be geared towards those less experienced. By the end I want you to have at least a moderately in depth knowledge of everything WLMM can do for video editing, such that you can create your own videos with ease on your own in the future.

Lessons

In progress

Course Materials

In progress

Registration

Registration will be open starting now, and will go on indefinitely for now while more course specifics are sorted out. This means you may sign up now, please post in this thread expressing your interest to be signed up.

Course will start on June 1st, 2015.

Roster

• Aikanar
    • Lifthrasir
    • IlluminatiRex
    • Flinn
    • Junaidi83 de Bodemloze
    • Veteraan
    • Biggles9087
    • Ngugi
    • Gibor
    • Sarkiss
    • Sentou-no-Sakka-

Last edited by Hader; June 01, 2015 at 01:42 AM.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Registration: OPEN] Making Videos using Windows Live Movie Maker

Reserved

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Count me in.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'm in too. I'm interesting by the video courses in general, for my submod, personal reasons and may be also for professional reasons as well. I understand that this course will be different compare to the "old" one but I have to start from somewhere anyway and it's always good to have several strings on my bow (if you see what I mean ).
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Only if you plan on some crazy bow trickshots

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Yeah, I'm up for this.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

I am in

Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

I'm interested too.
    However, I am not sure though that I will be able to participate, as circumstances may change and nor a start date or duration of this course are given (yet).

Well, to be fair it is stated that it will be somewhere during the summer and I suspect the Northern hemisphere summer is meant.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    I'm interested too.
    However, I am not sure though that I will be able to participate, as circumstances may change and nor a start date or duration of this course are given (yet).

Well, to be fair it is stated that it will be somewhere during the summer and I suspect the Northern hemisphere summer is meant.
    You mean there's a southern hemisphere?

Yes, it will be quite soon. I'm working on lessons now, once they are more or less done I will solidify the start date.

Blog Entries

I've begun the intensive part of the lesson writing for this. Once I have those setup and ready to go, registration will officially close. So there is still time if any more are interested, but don't wait too long either way.

I only became aware of the existence of this course because I happened to see the post Flinn made in the "My Activity" tab on my profile page. I don't know how many people you would like to see taking part, but it seems to me a bit of advertising this outside the TWC University would probably attract some more interested members that possibly will participate. Especially since not much has been going on here lately.

I did a quick check on the main forum page and the side bar and the articles page but didn't spot anything about this. I may have overlooked it though.

Blog Entries

I did a front page announcement very recently for the whole university. It's a first step in getting more word about the university out there. On a class by class basis though I have done nothing specific yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hader View Post
    I did a front page announcement very recently for the whole university. It's a first step in getting more word about the university out there. On a class by class basis though I have done nothing specific yet.
    Well, a class is something concrete and in my view much more likely to draw attention than a generic message about there being a university, where you may or may not find something of interest going on when you do take the trouble of checking it out.

Also, I personally never visit the front page and I suspect (of course I have no data to back this up) few members actually do. It might change though when the new front page is launched.

Just giving some feedback here on how I perceive the university.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Well, a class is something concrete and in my view much more likely to draw attention than a generic message about there being a university, where you may or may not find something of interest going on when you do take the trouble of checking it out.

Also, I personally never visit the front page and I suspect (of course I have no data to back this up) few members actually do. It might change though when the new front page is launched.

Just giving some feedback here on how I perceive the university.
    It is, and I plan on giving classes their own announcements from now on. But the uni has had a lot of inactivity lately and I wanted a general announcement for it.

More people go to the front page first than you would think, though I know it isn't everyone either. I saw plenty of people looking here after my first announcement though.

Im def in what a great idea always wanted to learn how to mod brilliant when does it start.

Blog Entries

I'm roughly halfway done with writing the lessons for the course now. I won't start it until I am finished with them, can't not hold myself to the standard I do of other professors for course prep. Ideally I would like to start it soon though, I'm hoping by the start of June, and I'm going to be away for two weeks from mid to late June so I am planning the lessons to account for that and likely give a somewhat large assignment that should take some time so that no time is wasted long term.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hader View Post
    so I am planning the lessons to account for that and likely give a somewhat large assignment that should take some time so that no time is wasted long term.
    this sounds somewhat menacing you know ...
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    this sounds somewhat menacing you know ...

I like to sign up for this to please can u pm me the detail Hader please mate always wanted to learn this thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast