Thread: Native Factions

Default Native Factions

Anybody have advice for the native factions? Either about playing either the Sycorox or Kukulcan factions. Right now I'm playing the kukulcan guys and having a somewhat tough time of it. I took over a bunch of territory in the north and allied with both the Greystokes and Sycorox. Then I ended up getting invaded by the blue natives and Valhalla guys. The vikings aren't too bad but the blue natives are sending endless stacks at me and I'm worried about making contact with both the renaissance and Lao Che factions, since they have tough units.

Also should I be converting every castle into a city? I've left alone the ones that have a high chance of being attacked, but maybe having them as cities would be better?

P.S. I'm willing to try a new campaign as the Sycorox since those mounted gunners and mammoths are pretty beast.

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Native Factions

My advice to you is come join the Thera HotSeat tournament http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ournament-Info

You will certainly enjoy the Sycorax campaign much more me thinks

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

If you're playing with the Kukulcan, your first natural enemy is the Paynal Empire (the blue guys).
    They're the Aztecs and you're the Mayans.

Allying with them while you position armies next to their important cities might help. Make sure you take Tenochtitlan (to the south) first.
    It's got a crap load of money which can come in handy.

Both the Kukulcan and the Paynal factions are Horde, which means lots and lots of fast, hard-hitting infantry.
    Try to overwhelm your enemies by sheer numbers alone!

Swamp them with bodies! The old Soviet way.

As for allies, nobody really likes you in Mesocala: the Paynal hate your guts for not worshiping their Gods, the Greystokes might seem like a valuable choice because they worship the same god as you (The Snake God) but in the long run, they'll betray you to steal your gold (duh, privateers).
    I suggest going for the Sycorax first, because their infantry is weak but if you let them advance their tech, they can bring Mammoths with guns, which are never fun to deal with.

So my advice to you is simple:

1. Restart the campaign.
    2. Crush the Paynals!
    3. Hit the Greystokes & Sycorax from the very beginning. DO NOT LET THEM EXPAND!
    4. Destroy the Western colonies (Tierra de Oro and that Faustian one)
    5. Wipe out Lao Meso (in the south).
    6. You don't need allies on the continent (maybe on the very beginning)
    7. Land in Ibellica, cause massive havok there with your troops.
    8. Forget the Tahars, concentrate on the Christian factions (they get more infantry and far more gunpowder).
    9. Once Mesocala is yours, land wherever you like.
    10. Have fun!!
    Last edited by Lord of the Drunk Penguin; August 26, 2015 at 08:58 PM.

I remember this campaign. I ended up taking over the lower half of the starting continent and the middle continent then handing it to the Greystokes. They were great allies! We took over most of the world together and they kept a ton of my enemies busy.

Since I converted every castle into cities I also had tons of cash at all times. Got pretty easy when I was fielding two or three stacks for every one of my enemies own.