Page 89 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3964798081828384858687888990919293949596979899114 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 2522

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

I just want to say that I am satisfied the EBII team is looking into things and taking my suggestion about Egypt seriously, even if very little is achieved because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    I'd like to see hard numbers on that. I could see Egypt accounting for that high a proportion of surplus going into central imperial coffers, but I have a very hard time accepting that it accounted for 2/3rds of all provincial revenues.
    I can't find an exact source for it, but these academic sources are all in agreement that at the very least Egypt equaled Gaul in terms of revenue for the Romans. The video I shared on the previous page says that it surpassed this by the end of the 1st century AD due to the import and customs on luxury goods coming in from the Red Sea via the Indian Ocean.

The Claremont Colleges Digital Library: http://ccdl.libraries.claremont.edu/...on/cce/id/1815

The Metropolitan Museum: https://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/regy/hd_regy.htm

Aside from agreeing we need to do something, we haven't gotten on to how yet.
    Maybe infracstructure (or some kinds at least) is a little more effective? Like agriculture investments has an extra plus to that kind of income and maybe the same for trade. Then add presence of mining resources and it should be a wealthy region without issue as long as you keep it in good state and invest.

On the other hand, the lack of hellenic presence, shouldnt that be modelled by the starting situation? Scarcity of poleis and hellenistic colonies in their provinces and low hellenistic culture? Colonization and culture are really the things where you cant force through and only with time and investment you can steadily but slowy advance.

If Im correct the start with only Alexendreia producing colonists and almost only a few minor polis in Mikra Asia, so unless they conquer their way to hellenistic populations their ability to grow them naturally is mild.

We will either find a way, or make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaj View Post
    Maybe infracstructure (or some kinds at least) is a little more effective? Like agriculture investments has an extra plus to that kind of income and maybe the same for trade. Then add presence of mining resources and it should be a wealthy region without issue as long as you keep it in good state and invest.
    We're looking at farming income and trade in stuff like slaves and Arabian products.

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaj View Post
    On the other hand, the lack of hellenic presence, shouldnt that be modelled by the starting situation? Scarcity of poleis and hellenistic colonies in their provinces and low hellenistic culture? Colonization and culture are really the things where you cant force through and only with time and investment you can steadily but slowy advance.

If Im correct the start with only Alexendreia producing colonists and almost only a few minor polis in Mikra Asia, so unless they conquer their way to hellenistic populations their ability to grow them naturally is mild.
    The polis in Alexandreia has been downgraded to polis_two. That means no colonists for the Ptolemaioi until they've upgraded one of their Minor Poleis'. Which will reflect that issue that without some investment, they have no immediate source of additional Hellenes. The only other polis_two they start with is in Ephesos.

They'll also start with their professional-grade Hellenistic recruitment pools depleted (though only for the human player). The Ptolemaioi relied heavily on mercenaries until the 250s BC, because they didn't have the settlers in place to draw from.

With this nerf to Ptolemaioi, will they get (at least when controlled by AI) some kind of boost, so they won't end up being quickly swallowed by grey death?

Will the Ptolemaioi get a functional starting economy? I keep reading about the amazing wealth of Egypt. However, they're losing cash at a scary rate in the beginning of the campaign. Doesn't add up.

Tiro

I bet the men of Saka Rauka that take great care of their horses would be reticent to leave them and pull a siege engine up to the walls of a town, although there would no other alternative because the game requires some kind of infantry. Could maybe there please be some kind of mercenary specific to the Saka for a really crappy infantry unit to take of situations like this?
    Gornahoor|Liber esse, scientiam acquirere, veritatum loqui
    Crow states: "If you would be a great leader, then learn the way of the Tao. Relinquish the need to control. Let go of plans and of concepts. The world will govern itself. The more restrictive you are, the less virtuous people will be. The more force you display, the less secure they will feel. The more subsidies you provide, the less self-reliant they become. Therefore the master says: Un-write the law, thus the people become honest. Dispense with economics, thus the people become prosperous. Do without religion, thus the people become serene. Let go all desire for the common good, and the good becomes as common as the grass." ~ Lao Tzu - Tao te tching
    MONARCHY NATION TRANSCENDENCE

Would the team be interested in images of discovered Scordisci items? Coins, jewellery, weapons etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    With this nerf to Ptolemaioi, will they get (at least when controlled by AI) some kind of boost, so they won't end up being quickly swallowed by grey death?
    The pool deplenishment is player-only. And the AI doesn't use the colonisation script, they can always build polis and colony wherever the other conditions are right. So no "boost" needed, those changes only impact the human player.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Will the Ptolemaioi get a functional starting economy? I keep reading about the amazing wealth of Egypt. However, they're losing cash at a scary rate in the beginning of the campaign. Doesn't add up.
    We're looking into the economic side, as I said elsewhere. The idea is that mercenaries should be a significant part of their early military strength (for the player at least).

Quote Originally Posted by Bob69Joe View Post
    I bet the men of Saka Rauka that take great care of their horses would be reticent to leave them and pull a siege engine up to the walls of a town, although there would no other alternative because the game requires some kind of infantry. Could maybe there please be some kind of mercenary specific to the Saka for a really crappy infantry unit to take of situations like this?
    We don't create units merely to fulfil gameplay needs. There are already mercenaries available who can perform that role, otherwise there's nothing to stop you starving a settlement out, rather than assaulting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Would the team be interested in images of discovered Scordisci items? Coins, jewellery, weapons etc?
    We're always interested in images of historical significance.

You guys should consider recreating the entire Roman naming system, because the one you have now just doesn't work correctly with epithets and new cognomina. Every Roman has the same surname "Romanvs", so that completely skips over their gens, meaning that only their praenomen shows when a new cognomen is given. If anything the gens they have should be their individual surname. It is completely against traditional Roman naming conventions to skip over a gens when adding a new cognomen.

For instance, Rome's famous general who defeated Hannibal at Zama was Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus, shortened to Scipio Africanus, not Publius Africanus. It would be absurd to omit everything in between his praenomen (which was very personal and really only used at home among friends and family) and new cognomen epithet. Yet unfortunately that's exactly what we see in EBII. If I have a general named Caivs Sergivs Orata and he wins great victories over the Germanic Sweboz, for instance, he becomes Caivs Germanicvs instead of the full Caivs Sergivs Orata Germanicvs. Even just Caivs Sergivs Germanicvs could be acceptable.

Basically, what I'm saying is that what you did was bad, very bad, EBII team, and you should feel extremely bad about it too. Now go to your room without dinner to think about what you've done.

Here are the Scordisci images I mentioned.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1. Reverse of a Celtic coin, silver tetradrachm depicting a horseman and amphora, minted by Scordisci tribe, 3rd-2nd century BC. Syrmium

2. Reverse of silver tetradrachm minted by a Celtic tribe Scordisci, Zigzag type, with horse, square and letter S, 3rd-2nd century BC, excavated in northern Serbia.

3. Silver coin of Celtic tribe Scordisci, 3rd century BC, from the collection of the National Museum of Serbia in Belgrade.

4. Ancient silver coins, Greek, Macedonian and Celtic mintage, 4th-2nd century BC, found in ancient Singidunum, present-day Belgrade, capital of Serbia. Kept in City Museum of Belgrade.

5. Celtic golden coin – minim of tribe Scordisci with motif of animal paw, 1st century BC, found in Batajnica, near Belgrade.

6. Figurine of Celtic horseman, Iron age, La Tene period, 4th-3rd century BC, found in vicinity of Kladovo, eastern Serbia.

7. Celtic jewelry, 4th-1st century BC, excavated in graves at the ancient Celtic settlement of Singidunum, present day Belgrade

8. Celtic silver rings, 1st - 2nd century BC, made by Scordisci tribe, found at oppidium - Celtic hillfort at Židovar.

9. Celtic spurs, iron, late Iron age period, 2nd-1st century BC, found at various sites in vicinity of Svrljig.

10. Celtic iron knives, 3rd-1st century BC, findings from graves of Celtic warriors in Serbia. Kept in the National Museum of Serbia, Belgrade.

11. Celtic weapons – sword, spear heads, knives and umbo, central part of the shield, Iron age period, 4th-2nd century BC, found in graves at necropolis at Karaburma in Belgrade. Kept in the City Museum of Belgrade.

12. Celtic spearheads, iron, La Tene culture, Iron age, 3rd-2nd century BC, findings from warrior graves at Celtic necropolis in Kupinovo, Srem region, northern Serbia. 29.9 i 39.9 cm

13. Findings from a Celtic warrior's grave - fibula, knife, belt set, spear head and ritually killed bent sword, late Iron age period, 2nd century BC, found in Čubra village, near Negotin, eastern Serbia. Museum of Negotin.

14. Iron findings from a grave of Celtic warrior – battle knife, belt, spearhead and fibula, 2nd century BC, found at Čubra archaeological site, vicinity of Negotin, knife is 32.5cm, soear 39.5cm, belt 16cm, fibulae 9cm

15. Short Celtic iron sword with iron scabbard, Iron age, late La Tene period, 4th-2nd century BC, found in a grave at Celtic necropolis at Karaburma in Belgrade. 49cm. City Museum of Belgrade.

16. Spearheads, knives, spurs, fibulae, arrowheads and paleo-Balkan weapon sica - a curved dagger decorated with conjoined solar symbols, 3rd-1st century BC, made by tribe Scordisci. Kept in the National Museum of Serbia, Belgrade.

17. 83.5 cm Ritually killed Celtic sword by bending, La Tene culture, Iron age, 3rd-2nd century BC, finding from warrior grave at Celtic necropolis in Kupinovo.

18. Celtic bronze bracelets, La Tene culture, Iron age, 3rd-2nd century BC, finding from graves at Celtic necropolis in Kupinovo, Srem region.

19. Celtic bronze fibula, La Tene culture, Iron age, 3rd-2nd century BC, finding from a grave at Celtic necropolis in Kupinovo, Srem region.

I'd like to suggest that two Scordisci units make their appearance in the mod.

The first would be a cavalry unit - there's lots of surviving calvary equipment and horses often depicted on Scordisci coins. A medium-heaviish unit with a mix of Celtic, Illyrian and Thracian gear comes to mind.

The second would be a light-medium infantry unit - I don't have much to go on for now, but I was inspired by the short Celtic sword and Celtic knives.

I will try to find data and images on surviving armor.
    Last edited by Rad; April 07, 2019 at 07:18 AM.

would it be possible to include the 'rationing' and other logistics related traits in the new turn pop up windows? there are things like attuned governor, but no info on military matters/army on campaign. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    would it be possible to include the 'rationing' and other logistics related traits in the new turn pop up windows? there are things like attuned governor, but no info on military matters/army on campaign. thanks.
    It could possible be interesting to put that on the notifications pop up window, maybe the last levels of that turn, so you would know that your General was in a critic stage with supplies.

Actually, let me go ahead and say that that's not a good idea for functional reasons. Essentially, with the way the trait system works, having gain messages for such means you get SPAMMED(I cannot stress this enough) with such messages(which often provide inaccurate data). For this reason, I had to remove the gain messages from the Supplies trait and the LivestockHerds trait because of how complex their systems are.

Speaking of notifications, I saw it mentioned here by someone that it would be cool if there was a popup every time a faction leader died, like in SSHIP (not sure if its in vanilla).

I think it would be add flavour (and let you know when a particularly dangerous adversary has bit the dust - be handy to know if Phyrrus is dead before moving in on Epirus).

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mór Ó Néill View Post
    Speaking of notifications, I saw it mentioned here by someone that it would be cool if there was a popup every time a faction leader died, like in SSHIP (not sure if its in vanilla).

I think it would be add flavour (and let you know when a particularly dangerous adversary has bit the dust - be handy to know if Phyrrus is dead before moving in on Epirus).
    I don't think it is necessary to have it be tied to faction leaders generally, as there are always a load of faction leaders who just seem like random dudes (usually because the faction has been beaten so much and already lost every good FL). However, it would definitely be cool to have this for at least a number of the real historical (and important) characters who are on the strat map at the campaign start. People like Ptolemaios Philadelphos, Seleukos Antipator, Pyhrrus, and their likes. You know, the fellas who everyone knows are forces to be reckoned with.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh Mór Ó Néill View Post

agreed, that'd be pretty good.

Hey guys, really digging the new mod, had some unit recruitment questions:
    - Illyrian Peltasts’ limited aor with eastern colonies, compared to lots of Illyrian hoplites, light phalangites, and even Skaplani
    - Illyrian Thorakitai have much more limited recruitment compared to last patch, if I’m not mistaken they’re now only available via allied state or “slave” govts
    - Gallic elite swordsmen (argoi, solduros) are, oddly, harder to recruit for Gallic factions than those with eastern colonies (0.4 refresh for Celtic factional non-migration govts, 0.8 refresh for max upgrade eastern colonies, none in boii or celtiberian colonies)
    - Kataphractoi available in max lvl eastern colonies, I would assume they would be showing up in Hellenic colonies, no?

The Foreign Colony has been completely rewritten for the patch, so I wouldn't treat anything in it as reliable.

Lorica Segmentata!