Page 83 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3358737475767778798081828384858687888990919293108 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 2524

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Quote Originally Posted by Porphyrogenita View Post
    Thanks QS I'll give it a go.
    I just realised that by duplicating the whole building entry but changing the factions to the non-nomadics and adding "and govtype etc" to the existing "and" conditions it will give exactly the the desired affect.
    Regards
    P.
    Just be sure to use Notepad++ to make your changes.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quintus,
    what do you think now about slowing down somehow the player's expansion?
    I mean: if the player wants to take the provinces one-by-one with little pause, he can conquer fast a number of them. This is especially true for the less developed / less populated provinces for the major stumbling block: the initial civil order hit (eg. unrest related to culture or famine) is comparatively small. The best way to deal with such unrest in smaller settlements is simply a garrison: the ratio number_of_troops / population is already high for just 1-2 units - and these actually come for free due to the free upkeep from own government.
    My experience comes from the play with Pergamon and Pritanoi. In the latter case (obviously an easy one), I've taken all the British Islands (+6 provinces, Pritanoi have ownership and no additional unrest, but this actually doesn't matter) in 55 turns on VH/VH, with a few realistic restricting home-rules (like no attack in winter). I imagine that for the political system of Pritanoi such a land-grab would prompt a backlash, never mind the after-conquest rebellions in the very regions. This is not reflected in the mechanics (or maybe I'm yet to experience it ;-), even though one may easily imagine it, eg. every province taken lowers loyalty of all characters but this cools-down as the time passes. Perhaps such a mechanism starting only at a higher level of difficulty: H/VH (so that the people don't complain ;-)
    Experience with Pergamon in 2.3 was similar (well, not precisely: only +2 provinces in 55 turns, but then I've moved quickly due to the inactivity of the AI - and also had little problems while having plenty of money and recruitment possibilities).
    I know the argument about the role-playing, but maybe something has changed in the mind of the team and you imagine a kind of mechanism to deter the player from conquering provinces too fast?
    btw, I really admire that the reaction of the units to the orders on the battlefield is not such an instant one. This is really realistic imo, really good!
    another good thing: I've landed on the continent and the rebels are recruiting new units in the settlement! this prevented me from attacking and now it a big problem, I need to wait for more troops. Great!
    To be clear: I don' want more difficulty just for difficulty but more realism in the speed of conquest. We've had a discussion on the losses in the battles in the past and I understand this cannot slow down the conquest (even though at VH I have loses of 20-30%, and experienced even 40%, so there's a slight such effect), so I'm looking forward for something different.
    JoC
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; February 08, 2019 at 02:43 PM.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Per my post on the previous page (which nobody replied to), are there any plans to revamp the Western Greek large and huge city settlement models, or for that matter the Eastern Greek ones? They clearly had a lot of work put into them but they're still just kind of...bland. The Roman cities look much more lively, detailed, authentic, realistic, colorful, etc.

For that matter, where are we with the awesome remodeling of the Punic Carthaginian town and city models? I remember seeing Tweets and updates about them long ago, but there has been visual and textual silence about that topic for a long time now. It would be nice to know if these are still being worked on or if they've sadly been abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Per my post on the previous page (which nobody replied to), are there any plans to revamp the Western Greek large and huge city settlement models, or for that matter the Eastern Greek ones? They clearly had a lot of work put into them but they're still just kind of...bland. The Roman cities look much more lively, detailed, authentic, realistic, colorful, etc.

For that matter, where are we with the awesome remodeling of the Punic Carthaginian town and city models? I remember seeing Tweets and updates about them long ago, but there has been visual and textual silence about that topic for a long time now. It would be nice to know if these are still being worked on or if they've sadly been abandoned.
    They are still being worked on and when finished the guy working on them will do a battle video

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    They are still being worked on and when finished the guy working on them will do a battle video

Fantastic. The hype is real! Forget Cleganebowl! This is what I'm looking forward to this year.

Small suggestion: Cretan units should only use pelte type shields. The mini thureos just doesn't look good with the current shield grip.

More hoplite units with Boeotian and Montefortino helmets

It seems that a unit can receive more than 1 armour point from a single blacksmith upgrade.
    Apparently, you can add an additional armour point if you repeat the upgrade level in the armour_ug_levels unit entry, up to a maximum armour point increase of 7.
    For example: armour_ug_levels 4, 5, 5, 6 gives 2 points at the first upgrade and 1 for the second for a total of 3 extra armour; armour_ug_levels 4, 5, 5, 5, 5, 6, 6, 6 gives 4 armour and 3 armour for a total of 7 armour. If the team ever wants to use it, here it is.

If you guys reach the unit limit, but still have more unit concepts, feel free to remove the Pantodapoi from the game.
    Even if you don't have any more units planned, feel free to remove the Pantodapoi from the game

What's wrong with the Pantodapoi?

Quote Originally Posted by Tasty Leaf View Post
    What's wrong with the Pantodapoi?
    They're taking up space. There are plenty of Hellenic levy units.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    They're taking up space. There are plenty of Hellenic levy units.
    I don't know. I haven't played a whole lot of campaigns in the core sphere of the Hellenic world, but I am pretty far along in a Saka campaign, and for many of my allied client states in the areas of Baktria, Pantopadoi are a pretty important basic levy unit for garrisoning. I wouldn't know what to use without them, especially as I had some cities being sieged a bit back, and levy spearmen were crucial for holding onto those things.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

I am used to proper infatry, that is true. However, those guys are worse than cannon fodder. Uglier, too.

I gotta confess, in eb2 sarissa wielding units are very lackluster and their defence isn't great either. Infantry just walk right through their pikes and slaughter them. Idk wagwan

If you guys reach the unit limit, but still have more unit concepts, feel free to remove the Pantodapoi from the game.
    Even if you don't have any more units planned, feel free to remove the Pantodapoi from the game
    Hahaha please don't, I've loved the stupid things ever since I had a Carthaginian campaign on EB1 where I held half of Egypt using only Pandas, those were good times. Ever gotten to triple gold chevron Pantodapoi without a rebellion? The things killed silver shield pikemen in single combat , and probably rightly so, I think one unit had something like 5000 kills to its name before I ended the campaign.

Not happening. They represent one of the most common sorts of levies available to Hellenistic powers all over the place. They are a garrison mainstay, not something for the battle line.

I gotta confess, in eb2 sarissa wielding units are very lackluster and their defence isn't great either. Infantry just walk right through their pikes and slaughter them. Idk wagwan
    Do you have them with phalanx mode and Guard Mode on?

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Do you have them with phalanx mode and Guard Mode on?
    Yeah I do. It doesn't always happen, but in sieges it is very common; in fact, the enemy pulls through all of my infantry (even non-pike) in a bottleneck sometimes. It is very odd.

Domaje's Avatar Civis

To avoid this bad AI behaviour in siege battles, just keep a single unit in the town square. That way the AI won't try to reach it ASAP, meaning going through your lines like crazy. Also, avoid putting units just behind the gates and prefer to defend the streets a bit more far away from this bottleneck.

Senator

Ranged weapons need a buff at least when used against unarmored troops.It's just silly to see a unit of half nude greek skirmishers get shot in the back at point blank range by 160 javelins and lose 20 men. Or have a unit of elite archers fire at a bunch of horse archers without any armor and barely kill anyone even if the HA are stationary.Or elephants 2 units of greek skirmishers, hundreds of man,throwing their spears and nothing happens. It's neither realistic nor fun to see unarmored units tank ranged attacks as if they are wearing full armor.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Yeah I do. It doesn't always happen, but in sieges it is very common; in fact, the enemy pulls through all of my infantry (even non-pike) in a bottleneck sometimes. It is very odd.
    Pathfinding is broken in sieges, nothing we can do about that. The cohesion problem is interrelated to the issue with phalanxes in sieges.