Page 79 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2954697071727374757677787980818283848586878889104 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2522

Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

The short answer is no, we're not changing the kill rate. You're more than welcome to adjust it in your own game, but otherwise you need to change your approach to sieges.

First of all; thanks EB2 team for the massive work that you have put into this mod! It's truly amazing!

I would really like to see an aqueduct building! These marvels of engineering were a very characteristic part of the Roman Republic and Empire, and it would be really cool and immersive to be able to build them throughout your empire.

(Edit: I realized I haven't played as the Romans for that long so I hope I haven't just missed it ^_^; )
    Last edited by Paltmull; December 23, 2018 at 07:56 AM.

Master Celeborn's Avatar Libertus

Thank you for your work,

few suggetsins; 1. for 2 remaining faction slots, i recommand Illyria and caledonii. 2. could you restore jerusaleme ingame, a settlement is needed in that area. I think you should suppress axum and ethiopia. The map is over extended a bit. I am more for quality stuff than quantity.

Any chance that the generic celtic spearmen receive an armor upgrade? We're talking about a unit that goes through the entire game without any changes, despite its increasingly hostile environment.

A tiny thing, but imo descriptions for higher numbers of command stars could use some polish, they don't make the most sense as they are now. Confidence as well as it's very hard to have 0 points, so 1 point sounds somewhat too positive.
    Last edited by Stannis Baratheon; December 29, 2018 at 01:43 AM.

Is it possible that naval blocades to raise unrest and cause famine and great financial disaster?something similar it happens when land armies block ports(it causes unrest).if this is possible then i believe that naval power will have a better impact in the game
    There is only one Macedonia in the world and it is GREECE
    Kosovo is Serbia
    ΠΑΝΙΩΝΑΡΑ ΓΙΑ ΠΑΝΤΑ
    SUPPORTER OF MY SERBIAN BROTHERS

Quote Originally Posted by Paltmull View Post
    First of all; thanks EB2 team for the massive work that you have put into this mod! It's truly amazing!

I would really like to see an aqueduct building! These marvels of engineering were a very characteristic part of the Roman Republic and Empire, and it would be really cool and immersive to be able to build them throughout your empire.

(Edit: I realized I haven't played as the Romans for that long so I hope I haven't just missed it ^_^; )
    I don't think there is a "health" capability for buildings, which would be the most obvious thing for it to affect. Otherwise we're stuck with happiness or law, population growth would make squalor worse, which would be a perverse result.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Celeborn View Post
    Thank you for your work,

few suggetsins; 1. for 2 remaining faction slots, i recommand Illyria and caledonii. 2. could you restore jerusaleme ingame, a settlement is needed in that area. I think you should suppress axum and ethiopia. The map is over extended a bit. I am more for quality stuff than quantity.
    1. Sorry, we don't take suggestions for the remaining faction slots.
    2. The map isn't really up for discussion, I'm afraid. More to the point, Hierosolymia was a relatively insignificant place for most of our period.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Any chance that the generic celtic spearmen receive an armor upgrade? We're talking about a unit that goes through the entire game without any changes, despite its increasingly hostile environment.
    They're a basic levy unit, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis Baratheon View Post
    A tiny thing, but imo descriptions for higher numbers of command stars could use some polish, they don't make the most sense as they are now. Confidence as well as it's very hard to have 0 points, so 1 point sounds somewhat too positive.
    I'll pass the suggestion on.

Quote Originally Posted by COMIS -3- ΠΑΝΙΩΝΑΡΑ View Post
    Is it possible that naval blocades to raise unrest and cause famine and great financial disaster?something similar it happens when land armies block ports(it causes unrest).if this is possible then i believe that naval power will have a better impact in the game
    I don't think that's possible, there is no trigger or command related to naval blockades, the impact seems to be solely economic (and hardcoded).

They're a basic levy unit, so no.
    I think he means the kingetoi, not the uassoi, which are semi-pro, not levy.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Skahn View Post
    I think he means the kingetoi, not the uassoi, which are semi-pro, not levy.
    Yes, Rad means those.

Could you guys give more of them "war points" to Carthage at the start of the campaign? I'm getting a lil' tired of artificially keeping the war on by blocking rebel ports and/or getting attacked. Too much peace at the start of the campaign, too little afterwards.

You might wanna take a look at the Boii carnyx player and the Galatian officer models.
    Some of the carnyx models have issues with having 2 helmets cutting into each other, while the Galatian officer holds his shield horizontally when in combat.

Imagine having a citadel model of Carthage looking like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6uJZ-tDY64

A better detailed video of Punic Carthage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBw-pcUXyww

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I'm going to echo the complaint made here recently about the new Greek voice mod, which I mostly enjoy, but I can't get over how the sound quality and voice acting has severely diminished for some units like the KH Bodyguards, the Somatophylakes Strategou. Beforehand, that unit sounded badass; the guy voicing it sounded like he was about to punch you in the face for looking at him the wrong way. Now it just sounds like some bored middle-aged voice actor guy in his basement recording out of a tin can. Please fix this. Do it for me! Do it for a laugh! But damn well do it!

I also want to say that I LOVE the fact that the first generation of Roman generals' bodyguard units, the Equites Consulares, are equipped and dressed in the Camillan style per the descr_strat file, but every new recruit and family member will have the Polybian-era armor, equipment, and clothing. What a perfect solution! Bravo to whoever sorted that out, because I vaguely remember suggesting something similar to this here on the forum, some two billion years ago in the early Proterozoic period of Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    I also want to say that I LOVE the fact that the first generation of Roman generals' bodyguard units, the Equites Consulares, are equipped and dressed in the Camillan style per the descr_strat file, but every new recruit and family member will have the Polybian-era armor, equipment, and clothing. What a perfect solution! Bravo to whoever sorted that out, because I vaguely remember suggesting something similar to this here on the forum, some two billion years ago in the early Proterozoic period of Earth.
    We've never been entirely clear whether armour upgrades work for FM bodyguards, but I put in those two placeholder units (by taking the Equites models for each era and removing the unarmoured torsos and the plainer helmets) on the off chance it might. The Polybian ones shouldn't appear til after the Carthaginian reform, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Imagine having a citadel model of Carthage looking like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6uJZ-tDY64

A better detailed video of Punic Carthage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBw-pcUXyww
    I'm not sure the official position of the team, but I remember suggesting something similar to this ages back, and the answer was essentially that custom settlements, while awesome in many respects, play hell with the battle AI, and for that reason wouldn't be included (if you've played the Third Age mod [which is awesome, mark my words!] you've seen the units in Moria just hang around in some dupy corner doing all for the whole battle).
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    I'm not sure the official position of the team, but I remember suggesting something similar to this ages back, and the answer was essentially that custom settlements, while awesome in many respects, play hell with the battle AI, and for that reason wouldn't be included (if you've played the Third Age mod [which is awesome, mark my words!] you've seen the units in Moria just hang around in some dupy corner doing all for the whole battle).
    I'm just adding more fuel to the fire

I've played TATW DAC and while some of the custom settlements have pathfinding problems, most of them were great and the AI knew very well how to perform.
    The best were Minas Tirith and Helmsdeep.
    I never played in the Minas Moria map but I played other settlement maps and yes, there are problems there, but the most problematic seem to be the ones that test too much the limits, like the other custom settlements inside the mountains like Goblintown. Most if not all EBII custom settlements would be beautifuly detailed cities and the pathfinding problems could very well be reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    I'm just adding more fuel to the fire

I've played TATW DAC and while some of the custom settlements have pathfinding problems, most of them were great and the AI knew very well how to perform.
    The best were Minas Tirith and Helmsdeep.
    I never played in the Minas Moria map but I played other settlement maps and yes, there are problems there, but the most problematic seem to be the ones that test too much the limits, like the other custom settlements inside the mountains like Goblintown. Most if not all EBII custom settlements would be beautifuly detailed cities and the pathfinding problems could very well be reduced.
    Yeah, it's just a myth that unique battle maps will have path finding problems by default. Some of them do, but that's because they weren't designed well. In TATW DAC, MOS, and Reunited Kingdoms submod I've played Minas Tirith, Osgiliath, Morannon/Black Gate, Dol Guldur, Isengard, Helm's Deep, etc. etc. etc. with few if any problems. You'd think Minas Tirith would be a nightmare, with its initial gatehouse and then another one literally six whole levels up a mountainous urban terrain before the main citadel, but nope, the AI gets there just fine. And it's gorgeous.

That being said, some members of the EBII team have already listed reasons to me why they don't do custom battle maps, a decision which I can respect. But that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Somewhere out there there's an Indiana Jones and he's working furiously to get us custom battle maps for Alexandria, Memphis, Athens, Rhodes, Carthage, Babylon, Rome, etc. You just gotta believe. BELIEVEEEEEEEEEE.

However, custom settlements require an absolutely huge amount of effort to create. Rest assured, the more generic, but culture-specific ones come a long way ahead of them in priority.

I've been reading Kings and Kingship in the Hellenistic world (350-30 BC) - John D.Grainger , which i highly recommend. He explains many facets to rulers in the hellenistic states, and one that i found interesting is that one of the ways they boost their legitimacy was through massive festivals and games (The alexandrian ones or the daphne parade).

I think it would be great to have events for all hellenistic factions (or pseudo like pontos), where after certain conditions are reach (ex. enough influence of the basileus), he could arrange an hellenistic festival in the capital. The results would vary depending on luck and the leader traits (his authority for one). Negatively it would do next to nothing and be a waste of money, while if it was a resounding success, then the leader's influence would increase greatly, and his authority slightly as well. There could be several options of how much you want to spend (small, average, great) and depending on that, plus the leader's attributes, or even the capital's infraestructure (it is a big city or city? does it have a granary?), it could determine whenever it is a success or not.
    Currently i know the ptolemaic games are depicted through a building, but as i read, this seemed to be something common among different hellenistic states, which the author compares to the bread and circus. I think having an event script would be more interactive and represent the major event these festivals were, that didn't occur constantly like roman games, but only at certain dates.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    However, custom settlements require an absolutely huge amount of effort to create. Rest assured, the more generic, but culture-specific ones come a long way ahead of them in priority.
    Fair enough. I am truly salivating over the potential remake/refurbishment of the already existing Roman, Western Greek, and Carthaginian cities with new temple models. The work done on remaking the Punic settlements is already phenomenal and awe-inspiring, thanks to the hard work of Ariovistus. If only you guys had a whole team of bio-engineered chimpanzees working around the clock on these things. We could have super awesome regular settlements AND unique custom ones by now!